• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Just when I thought Trump couldn't get any classless, he somehow manages to keep lowering the bar. I'm constantly Squinting Woman.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah it's not bait at all.

Direct your ire at Trump, not the guy who is actually having to deal with an unimaginable travesty in his community in the best way he knows how while you bang away furiously on your keyboard.

I do owe you an apology, i thought that was a Trump quote and thought you were defending it. My bad. I still think it's cowardly on his part nonetheless. Things are already polarized.

But just for the record, my keyboard warrioring is pretty chill.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Flags go double high the day Trump bites the dust, right? Like we need to get extensions for all the flag poles. It'll be worth it, though.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Well to be entirely fair to Trump (read: not be fair to him at all but present a sign a wider problem), if we had to lower the flags every time four or more people died in a shooting every day, we'd be lowering it basically every other day:

mass_shooting_calendar.png

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I do owe you an apology, i thought that was a Trump quote and thought you were defending it. My bad. I still think it's cowardly on his part nonetheless. Things are already polarized.

But just for the record, my keyboard warrioring is pretty chill.

Just make sure to be an attendee at any local protests and national if possible along with the keyboard warrioring ;) That makes it okay. Also vote (obviously).

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Well to be entirely fair to Trump (read: not be fair to him at all but present a sign a wider problem), if we had to lower the flags every time four or more people died in a shooting every day, we'd be lowering it basically every other day:
We should probably just take the flags down all together then if nothing is ever going to be done about it.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
We should probably just take the flags down all together then if nothing is ever going to be done about it.
Oh I agree, but to some gun voters (the ones who are single issue voters particularly), guns are more important than anything. Other's lives, other freedoms, the sanctity of the US. Nothing matters so long as they can go to the gun store and get another gun with basically no restrictions.

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

mass_shooting_calendar.png

The flag should stay lowered till these issues are fixed.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Nah it's not bait at all.

Direct your ire at Trump, not the guy who is actually having to deal with an unimaginable travesty in his community in the best way he knows how while you bang away furiously on your keyboard.

Implying that I can't criticize his inaction due to fearing that Trump would get angry with him, unless I am the mayor himself, is comical. He even passed the buck onto his wife.

Damn my incivility, clack clack clack.

Gaga Dead Aunt

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While Buckley had previously thought he might lower the city's own flags regardless of the president's decision, the mayor said his wife talked him out of that.

"At this point in time, it would start to polarize people and I don't want to make people angry," he said.

Didn't expect anything more (read: less) from Trump, but this is pretty pathetic.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Oh I agree, but to some gun voters (the ones who are single issue voters particularly), guns are more important than anything. Other's lives, other freedoms, the sanctity of the US. Nothing matters so long as they can go to the gun store and get another gun with basically no restrictions.
I know, I just don't understand it at all; the obscene over protection of gun rights. I would have thought one of the school shootings specifically the elementary school one from years ago would have changed something.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
I know, I just don't understand it at all; the obscene over protection of gun rights. I would have thought one of the school shootings specifically the elementary school one from years ago would have changed something.

Some people in the US are still very afraid of their neighbors that they are willing to roll the die so they can have a false sense of protection.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
They're a cult. Incapable of thinking for themselves. They're brainwashed at the behest of the Russia-financed NRA. Gun rights trump everything. They would willingly invite Russia to invade the United States and take it over if it meant preserving their precious gun ownership over the alternative of ANY sane gun control measure being implemented.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Some people in the US are still very afraid of their neighbors that they are willing to roll the die so they can have a false sense of protection.
Obviously to protect themselves from all those people breaking in all the time *eye roll*, I think it's sick.

They're a cult. Incapable of thinking for themselves. They're brainwashed at the behest of the Russia-financed NRA. Gun rights trump everything. They would willingly invite Russia to invade the United States and take it over if it meant preserving their precious gun ownership over the alternative of ANY sane gun control measure being implemented.
That's what's so obscene about the whole thing, everyone be damned as long as I have infinite access to guns. The line of thinking is just completely lost on me.

Jun 23, 2018
Canada
"If we lowered the flag for every goddamn mass shooting, we'd have to acknowledge the systemic issue and do something about it, and I don't wanna offend my golf buddies at the NRA."

Seriously, how much effort does it take to pull a fucking flag down a pole

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Why are you like this in every thread
Glad someone else is noticing this, it's one thing to have an alternate opinion but when you're coming down on the opposite side every single damn time, and it's always the side that's not the Nazi's or Nazi enablers, that's weird. We ain't perfect but shit hand us a raincoat when it's pouring don't put holes in the umbrella

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018
Why are you like this in every thread
Honestly, I just feel like there's a shitload of hyperbole and vitriol going around at the moment and I call out what I see as being particularly egregious examples.

Make no mistake, im on "your" side. I think Trump is the devil incarnate and his election is one of the most shameful episodes in American political history. I completely understand that I probably project the opposite image, and I understand the argument that instead of "tone policing" I should be joining in, excoriating of the pieces of shit currently in power.

But I also find it interesting to offer a somewhat different perspective. Not just for the sake of it, but because I think its important. Every online community has it's own inherent biases but I think that sometimes that this one becomes such a roiling cauldron of angst that it's useful to just provide a different take and say "really, you want to call this guy a fucking coward over this?"

I'm not just trying to be an asshole.

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
This is like the easiest shit in the world to acquiesce to and he refuses, and it's because he know it causes division and controversy. He can't not be a shithead at every opportunity because that's what got him into office in the first place.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I just feel like there's a shitload of hyperbole and vitriol going around at the moment and I call out what I see as being particularly egregious examples.

Make no mistake, im on "your" side. I think Trump is the devil incarnate and his election is one of the most shameful episodes in American political history. I completely understand that I probably project the opposite image, and I understand the argument that instead of "tone policing" I should be joining in, excoriating of the pieces of shit currently in power.

But I also find it interesting to offer a somewhat different perspective. Not just for the sake of it, but because I think its important. Every online community has it's own inherent biases but I think that sometimes that this one becomes such a roiling cauldron of angst that it's useful to just provide a different take and say "really, you want to call this guy a fucking coward over this?"

I'm not just trying to be an asshole.

You just described being a contrarian asshole.

And yes, he is a fucking coward.

PolishQ

Oct 27, 2017
Rochester, NY
For what it's worth, flying the US flag at half mast is only supposed to be done by presidential order. Maryland state flags were flown at half mast in respect to the victims. Doing the same for the US flag would definitely have been seen as taking a stand against Trump, and as much as I'd like to see that, I can also see the argument that it's disrespectful to the victims. (And I can also see the argument that NOT rebuking Trump is disrespectful to them, too.)