• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I just feel like there's a shitload of hyperbole and vitriol going around at the moment and I call out what I see as being particularly egregious examples.

Make no mistake, im on "your" side. I think Trump is the devil incarnate and his election is one of the most shameful episodes in American political history. I completely understand that I probably project the opposite image, and I understand the argument that instead of "tone policing" I should be joining in, excoriating of the pieces of shit currently in power.

But I also find it interesting to offer a somewhat different perspective. Not just for the sake of it, but because I think its important. Every online community has it's own inherent biases but I think that sometimes that this one becomes such a roiling cauldron of angst that it's useful to just provide a different take and say "really, you want to call this guy a fucking coward over this?"

I'm not just trying to be an asshole.

I'm on "your side". I just want to "offer" a different perspective. Interesting, where have I heard that before..

You literally jump into every political thread to antagonize and shit on democrats/liberals.

You literally admit that you all you do is tone-police.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
This is just fucking disrespectful! As if he hasn't already made it more clear how much he hates the free press.

I seriously want Trump to face the repercussions for all the shit he has done, since he keeps encouraging the opposition of the free press.

Feb 6, 2018
You literally admit that you all you do is tone-police.
Not really. I used that term because it seems to be what people like to say when I point out hypocrisy or suggest that there might be a better way of dealing with things.

I reject the assertion that I "shit on liberals/Democrats."

I've said on multiple occasions that Trump is an horrific president and that Hillary would have by far been the better choice. My criticism is aimed at actions taken by certain liberals which I believe are counter-productive to retaking power in 2020.

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really. I used that term because it seems to be what people like to say when I point out hypocrisy or suggest that there might be a better way of dealing with things.

I've said on multiple occasions that Trump is an horrific president and that Hillary would have by far been the better choice. My criticism is aimed at actions taken by certain liberals which I believe are counter-productive to retaking power in 2020.

Yeah. You say Trump sucks and you are all for Hillary and then continue tone policing liberals.

"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I say we need more tone policing contrarians, they are our greatest defense in our slide into fascism. I mean on the one hand they blunt response to trump like direct propaganda never could but on the other, they acknowledge that they don't like trump. So worth it.

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
If you put the flag at half-staff every time a shooting took place in America, it would never be upright.

That being said, I have no doubt that this is because 45 wasn't a fan of the victims.

Daschiel

Oct 28, 2017
I hope people remember not to lower their flags half when he passes away. Disrespectful prick

Oct 28, 2017
Trump:

"Journalists shouldn't live in fear, but also they are the enemy of the people and I won't honor their dead."

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah it's not bait at all.

Direct your ire at Trump, not the guy who is actually having to deal with an unimaginable travesty in his community in the best way he knows how while you bang away furiously on your keyboard.
The best way of dealing with it would be actually respecting the dead. Not doing so because you don't want to anger a tyrannical fuckwit is a shitload more polarizing than just lowering the damn flag.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly, I just feel like there's a shitload of hyperbole and vitriol going around at the moment and I call out what I see as being particularly egregious examples.

Make no mistake, im on "your" side. I think Trump is the devil incarnate and his election is one of the most shameful episodes in American political history. I completely understand that I probably project the opposite image, and I understand the argument that instead of "tone policing" I should be joining in, excoriating of the pieces of shit currently in power.

But I also find it interesting to offer a somewhat different perspective. Not just for the sake of it, but because I think its important. Every online community has it's own inherent biases but I think that sometimes that this one becomes such a roiling cauldron of angst that it's useful to just provide a different take and say "really, you want to call this guy a fucking coward over this?"

vQDFsKn.jpg

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
If the shooting was at Fox News, there would already have been a national holiday named in their memory

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty good snapshot of maga in general. Death to those who don't commit treason, especially the wicked media who won't let you get away with it. Despicable.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Taken directly from Putin dictator's handbook.

If the guy isn't taken out soon they will start falling from buildings by "accident".

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
At least the White House is at half-staff because nobody wants to work there.

*ba dum tss*

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Any moment now and he will celebrate those people died and encourage more attacks.

How I want to see this fucker rot in a jail.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Truly a petty and despicable sack of shit; him and every single one of his base/supporters.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017

This, but also : I don't care about flags and masts. This is a really damned weird thing from a logical standpoint.

I mean, imagine you had never heard of it before, or it wasn't something that was done at all, and someone proposed it. Simply proposing it would be an odd thing. Because then you'd have to to really examine when and why to do so, and for whom. Overall it just seems like a bizarre thing to do in any case, and I wonder when it started.

Back on topic, this kind of makes me think of when Fox News would go insane about how Obama did X or Y with a foreign leader, or didn't salute someone, or his dog wagged his tail counterclockwise or whatever dumbass shit to be dishonestly outraged about in a hugely hypocritical fashion. It's the 'Weekly World News' standard of dumb shit to focus on.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

The Devil has the greatest lawyers on retainer he doesn't need any pro bono advocacy

Lwyn

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
For a guy who thinks that people unfairly judge him, he sure does cause a lot grief for himself.

Last edited:

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
If the shooting was at Fox News, there would already have been a national holiday named in their memory

Remember when someone had the audacity to throw water within a 3 foot radius of Tomi Lahren's back, and within 24 hours Trump had a tweet in her defense?

Yet he has to have his arm twisted to fly flags half staff days afterward for journalists for a newspaper that just so happened to have talked shit about him.

thinking.gif

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so they essentially get less than a day? that's pretty weak. i guess they want them up for the 4th of July tho

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

You keep saying that but your words do not line up with what you post, and when you do get called out on it you just say the same shit and continue to do what you're doing. This isn't just one person noticing this, if it were you could say "well that person is clearly wrong", when it's several people there's a pretty good chance it's you.

GrooveCommand

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

What's your idea of counter-productive? It seems to me that people who go around tone policing are only helping Republicans. We keep hearing that Liberals are going "too far left" and that we're going to alienate ourselves if we even try and challenge the status quo. That's bullshit. That's the last thing we need. We need to be pushing farther left and we need to continue ramping up our attacks on Republicans, their shit is no longer okay or welcome in this country.

If Republicans have a problem with this strategy, they can fuck right off and I don't give a shit if they continue voting Republican. They were going to in the first place. So keep tone policing all you want, but you're not helping anyone but Republicans.