• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I know, just a dumb typo, but we're getting this week off to a rousing start.

"Democrats can't find a Smocking Gun tying the Trump campaign to Russia after James Comey's testimony. No Smocking Gun...No Collusion." @FoxNews That's because there was NO COLLUSION. So now the Dems go to a simple private transaction, wrongly call it a campaign contribution,...

....which it was not (but even if it was, it is only a CIVIL CASE, like Obama's - but it was done correctly by a lawyer and there would not even be a fine. Lawyer's liability if he made a mistake, not me). Cohen just trying to get his sentence reduced. WITCH HUNT!

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
giphy.gif

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking_gun

The term "smoking gun" is a reference to an object or fact that serves as conclusive evidence of a crime or similar act, just short of being caught in flagrante delicto. "Smoking gun" refers to the strongest kind of circumstantial evidence, as opposed to direct evidence. Direct evidence would include the entire action: Pulling the trigger, firing the gun, and the victim falling.

Alternatively

Smocking is an embroidery technique used to gather fabric so that it can stretch. Before elastic, smocking was commonly used in cuffs, bodices, and necklines in garments where buttons were undesirable.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
The dude is just stupid. We get these mispellings on a regular basis and he used "smocking" twice, which means that's how he thought it was spelled. He's an idiot, like a true idiot who doesn't know basic things.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I like how he pretty much admits to the crime here....b-but it was Cohen's fault!!

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately he's probably right. During Watergate, all the ancillary evidence pointed towards Nixon being involved in the coverup but he still had popular support. Once the tape came out with him actually admitting it, support plummeted. Unless there's something like that hiding in the wings, too many people just don't care about everything else pointing at him.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Typo aside, a note from Kellyanne Conway's husband:

George Conway @gtconway3d

No, the criminal campaign-finance violations were found by professional line prosecutors in a Republican-controlled United States Department of Justice. It looks like a pretty good case. Kudos to them.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, not sure what you cucks are laughing at.

He's 100% correct.

There is no smocking gun to find.

You can't say he's lying.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Typo aside, a note from Kellyanne Conway's husband:

George Conway @gtconway3d

No, the criminal campaign-finance violations were found by professional line prosecutors in a Republican-controlled United States Department of Justice. It looks like a pretty good case. Kudos to them.

Attaboy George , attaboy!

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
"Simple private transaction" Then why did you keep so quiet about it? If people had seen this dude's tax returns there would have been little issue, but that's too much for dinosaur brain here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clearly this is a sign that all the crimes were committed in an elementary school art classroom, perhaps now Mueller knows where to look.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
We already knew he was really dumb. (there aren't many people in the world who are dumber than he is, i think)
Now we need to get him the F out of there.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
What a dummy. He wrote "smocking" twice so that wasn't a mistake. America, America...sigh America.

"I like the uneducated"

Now we know why.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
He has nothing but lunch with Pence on his schedule today, expect a lot of tweets as he watches Fox News throughout the day

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if he somehow thinks it's not lying if he miss-spells things.
"I didn't say there was no smoking gun!"
That'd be even more hilarious.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
But there is no "Smocking Gun" so he is correct. As for a smoking gun.......

I wonder if he somehow thinks it's not lying if he miss-spells things.
"I didn't say there was no smoking gun!"
That'd be even more hilarious.

This will be his entire defence, plus we already know everything in " " can't be taken at face value, remember the "wiretapping" incident

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I find it extremely depressing that the president of the United States is worse at spelling than my 9 year old child.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I find it extremely depressing that the president of the United States is worse at spelling than my 9 year old child.
Tell your child they're more qualified than the president. It'll do wonders for their self-esteem and inspire them forward.

... I mean, we basically have a toddler in office though.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
A member of Trump's admin personally advised a Saudi prince on how to manage the fallout of an international scandal after being found guilty of murder, so you'd think that Trump would be more successful managing his own scandals. The difference is that Trump is an utter moron.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is channeling his inner Chaucer, it seems.

Ladies, I pray you be not wroth with me;
I cannot gloze, I'm an uncultured man.
For of a sudden this said Damian Donald
Pulled up her smock and thrust both deep and long.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's beyond time we ignore Trump's twitter, it's literally nothing but lies.