• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hard to imagine that history books are going to have to contain a sampling of these mush-brained tweets. I wonder what future generations will think (assuming they're still capable of thinking by then).
Well Texas writes the schoolbooks, so it'll just say "Trump oversaw a large shrinking of the federal government" and then it will move on with no elaboration.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
He'll resign or be impeached and then go to prison.

People won't stand for letting him off the hook, and the failure to indict Nixon was one of the US's gravest errors. How Dump is treated once he's ousted from office will determine how the US moves forward. If he doesn't pay for his crimes, the USA will continue to spiral out of control.

He'll resign and get pardoned.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
The thing I'm concerned about is him accusing Mueller to do this only to rig the election for Democrats. What's he going to do if Democrats win big? Contest every race the GOP lost by any means necessary?

Here's some stuff on the applicable law in that case.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL33780.pdf

I can't see a lame duck House voting to throw out valid elections without strong evidence. I don't see any SOS (sans maybe Kobach in Kansas) refusing to certify the election of someone who clearly won the vote count, since that would show the SOS was incompetent. The Freedom caucus might try it but there's enough "moderates" left to stop a coup attempt.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Watergate break-in happened June 17th 1972 and Nixon resigned August 9th 1974. Much different crimes are going on in these situations so I expect a different timeline.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Nixon's crimes are a drop in the bucket compared to Trump's. If the new book about Trump working for Russian Mafia since 1980 is true, Trump is the biggest criminal in our lifetimes. It alleges that all 40 Trump Towers in the world are money laundering schemes and Trump is indebted to the Russians to tune of $4.5b dollars.
Not that this is what he was going to be impeached for, but Nixon colluded with the Vietnamese to sabotage peace talks and consequently prolonged the war, which resulted in who knows how many more American and Vietnamese deaths, because he knew peace would hurt his election chances/help Humphrey's. I don't know that Trump's crimes necessarily compare.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Not that this is what he was going to be impeached for, but Nixon colluded with the Vietnamese to sabotage peace talks and consequently prolonged the war, which resulted in who knows how many more American and Vietnamese deaths, because he knew peace would hurt his election chances/help Humphrey's. I don't know that Trump's crimes necessarily compare.

Also secretly bombed Cambodia.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He seems extra crazy at the moment. I'm guessing somethings going down this week to rile him up this bad. Maybe the Manafort trial has been on his mind all weekend or perhaps something we don't even know about.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
If you guys have a chance, listen to Todays NYTimes Daily podcast, it explains this whole thing in 15 minutes.

Essentially the white house lawyer suspected that Trump and his lawyers were gonna throw him under the bus so he went to Mueller before they can and is now cooperating lol.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Here's some stuff on the applicable law in that case.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL33780.pdf

I can't see a lame duck House voting to throw out valid elections without strong evidence. I don't see any SOS (sans maybe Kobach in Kansas) refusing to certify the election of someone who clearly won the vote count, since that would show the SOS was incompetent. The Freedom caucus might try it but there's enough "moderates" left to stop a coup attempt.
I'm not worried about Trump or the Republicans in that scenario. I'm worried about the millions of morons who will believe anything he says and think their country has been taken over or some garbage. If we thought it was bad with people firing guns at politians before...

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is the media ever going to reach a point of exhaustion with his tweets? And instead of covering them in-depth , having panels discuss them, and trying to get the GOP leadership to comment?

Will we ever get to the point where journalists say something like "Trump tweeted some inflamitory rhetoric today. NOW MOVING ON HERE IS THE NEXT STORY."

he only does this shit to get attention and we all fall for it every damn time. It's boring and not newsworthy. There is a pattern followed every single time.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
So collusion and obstruction just got made up because of Trump, huh?

Also, Bob Mueller is disgraced? REALLY, dude?

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
It's unfortunate that the Republican party has essentially sold out to keep their reigns on power. In the end, if this ever turns out to be what we all think it is (Russian involvement in United States Politics) it will really do a number on the United States. We're in such a bad place.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
To think, all it took to make a lifelong republican collude with a bunch of angry Dems is a dispute over a golf membership. The greatest example of bipartisanship in our time.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Who discredited Mueller? Can they release their report that shows how he was discredited?

And Trump is in for one hell of an angry Democrat surprise when the midterm elections hit and then we vote again in 2020. Hope he's prepared to tweet about millions of angry Democrats.

What's going to happen is that he flips when Dems win the midterms, screaming that the votes were rigged and then the real dictatorship begins.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Republicans state they would impeach Hillary the moment she got elected yet sit by and do nothing here.

They complain about NFL players not standing for a flag, meanwhile their entire party stands for nothing.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The impending Manafort verdict has him losing his fucking mind
Ultimately Manafort being convicted has only a small impact on Trump.

He's far more concerned about Cohen and the others who might actually be telling all his secrets behind the scenes. THAT is what has him most worried.

Wasn't muller a Republican?
Yes, as is the man in charge of the entire process, the deputy attorney general, Rod Rosenstein.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Trump will NEVER resign.
You're not thinking enough like Trump. Trump resigning lets him keep a couple of outs

"I never lost an election! I was clearly a popular president"
"I was never impeached!"
"I could do more to combat the DEEP STATE out of office than within it"

Trump has the mentality of a 12 year old, he'll perform whatever mental gymnastics he can to justify resignation if he wants to go that route

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
You're not thinking enough like Trump. Trump resigning lets him keep a couple of outs

"I was never impeached!"

Trump has the mentality of a 12 year old, he'll perform whatever mental gymnastics he can to justify resignation if he wants to go that route

"I'm resigning because I have made America so great. You know, too much greatness can be a bad thing. People always tell me, Trump, they tell me all the time, Trump you have made America too great!"

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is freaking out so much. You know they probably got some good info.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

"I was never impeached!"

But then he "loses" to Obama by not being a two term President. He'll never EVER do that.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If you guys have a chance, listen to Todays NYTimes Daily podcast, it explains this whole thing in 15 minutes.

Essentially the white house lawyer suspected that Trump and his lawyers were gonna throw him under the bus so he went to Mueller before they can and is now cooperating lol.
But the WH tried to spin this and say Trump had him work with Mueller all along as a statement that he did nothing wrong?

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Will we ever get to the point where journalists say something like "Trump tweeted some inflamitory rhetoric today. NOW MOVING ON HERE IS THE NEXT STORY."

he only does this shit to get attention and we all fall for it every damn time. It's boring and not newsworthy. There is a pattern followed every single time.
I think I still want the media to cover this as significant communication from the POTUS, but let's not play the "all sides" card in coverage and just call it for what it is. I think it's important for the free press to keep reminding Americans that he says these things with absolutely no factual evidence to support his ravings and expose every single lie he tries to get away with.

Oct 25, 2017

"I was never impeached!"

Obama won a second term, Trump has to do the same to satisfy his ego

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

Maggie's framing of the story just seems like a tactical strawman for the administration to rage against and attack the media over.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what's the count down on Trump literally tweeting for his supporters to "rise up" and exercise their 2nd amendment rights, and stop the country from removing him from office?

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
All these damn chess moves make my brain hurt . Trump truely is the greatest chess player of our time.

Either that or the dumbest criminal in the world.

JustinBailey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The us population voted for him. 60 million people are ok with a racist man with dementia making decisions for them. The point being what you said is pointless when reality is clear.

Also the vast majority of Americans don't have power but this crazy demented racist does which makes your comments even more ridiculous. The point our population voted for him and the truth is a lot of Americans are apathetic and selfish.
I agree except that what I said was pointless. Because there are a greater quantity of people in the country who could turn the tide, especially with international support. It's the world that has to push us toward the right conclusion now, as we can no longer push ourselves, IMO.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be thankful when we can go a day without even hearing this motherfucker's name. This is exhausting.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
Have we reached peak levels of Trumpism?

Level 1. There was never any collusion.
Level 2. There may have been collusion, but her emails.
Level 3. Even if there were collusion, collusion isn't a crime.
Level 4. Collusion isn't even a real crime!

Can we go deeper? Is there a level 5?

Level 5. I may have colluded, but only because the Deep State turned all the FBI Investigators gay?

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Can we end this fucking shit show already. Goddamn I'm tired of hearing about this baby every goddamn day. If someone has the dirt it's time to come forward with it.