• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't the population there vote overwhelmingly democrat in U.S. elections?

I don't think Trump has really thought this one through. I guess that makes sense.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Even putting aside ethical concerns, buying land like that doesn't work in the 21st century like it did in the 19th century due to massive inflation and our ability to correctly value a giant chunk of land like that.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All this time he's calling climate change a hoax, he's just trying to melt all that pesky ice so he can buy up some new real estate.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Greenland bout to get fracked to shit and then Puerto Rico'd. I hope the rest of G7 take a hard stand against this. Like "hey we fucked up our continent...let us try a crack at that big fucker over there"..."nah dog...you fix your shit first".

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
thought reading his tweet about how the looming recession is the medias fault because they want to crash the economy to hurt him was the only dumb thing i'd read about him today.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
These days I have no idea what's a real headline and what's from The Onion thanks to shit like this.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see how this could possibly go over well with anyone. Will his base give a shit about more land, instead of him trying to make merica great again? The other side of the aisle will see this as a dumb waste of money.

And you know this fucker would try to rename it Trumptopia or some shit.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
So skyrocket the national debt, set us up for a recession, and then spend billions to buy Greenland. OK.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
... this might be the dumbest idea he has ever had. And that's saying something

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
kinda funny the things these people are okay wasting money on. Health care for our citizens? Nah that costs too much. A whole country for no reason? Hell yeah let's get it!

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't the population there vote overwhelmingly democrat in U.S. elections?

I don't think Trump has really thought this one through. I guess that makes sense.
Would Trump care about that though? Even if it were to become a state, it would long after he was out of office. Much like building the wall, this is a move to give him a more permanent mark in American history, that can't be undone like policy can.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Once the Earth heats up sufficiently that is going to become some prime real estate.

The plan is taking shape.

Oct 25, 2017
The population of just Los Angeles is 71 times greater than the population of Greenland, its populated areas are few and small, and the US already has a military base there. There's literally no reason to buy Greenland except for ego driven manifest destiny shit.

What a fucking idiot. Just out there looking for more absurd ways to fuck with tax money. There's that conservative party of fiscal responsibility, at it again!

Fooled by the dastardly Mercator projection

It just looked so big on the map, and it's called Greenland! How was I supposed to know? Very dishonest people, the danes, let me tell you. Nothing great about them. Working with the dems to put fake maps in our schools.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As the foremost Danish person in America, I am fully authorized to negotiate on behalf of Denmark.

Trump, you can PayPal me!

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
That would be interesting, but the odds of it happening are close to zero.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Buy Greenland now and we'll throw in the Brooklyn Bridge!

"Shop around, you can't beat that deal!!!!"

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
He wants an island to escape to

Got his island for him right here
maxresdefault.jpg

Alcatraz

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Folks, I've had a lot of very nasty people criticize me, saying that I'm doing nothing about global warming - they've said a lot of mean and shameful things. It's true. But I made a deal that's going to make them very happy - many people will be happy about this. We're going to buy green land. Lots of beautiful clean green land."