• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

The world's oldest known wall is 11,500 years old

Archaeologists believe that wheels for transportation came into use about 5200 years ago.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
The oldest known wall is probably like the grand canyon or some'it lol
Jupiter is a wall, too. Actually, Jupiter is also a wheel...technically.

Edit* Fuck it, everything is a wall and wheel if you're brave enough!

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Like... how could you even think this? It just makes no sense. It actually hurts my head a bit.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
The man is incredibly stupid. I have personally never seen a man who knows so little.
He MIGHT be the dumbest person alive. He isn't interested in anything or anyone but himself and i doubt he actually finished a school that his daddy didn't pay for. He's exactly what the world needs less of. People like him won't be missed. Ever. Not even by his wife and kids. Everybody on the planet will be happy when this piece of useless shit is gone. Please let it be soon.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad it's not just me that has trouble parsing what that statement is meant to say. I've read it a couple of times and I'm not understanding.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone translate what he's actually trying to say there?

dog-pooping-on-grass-due-to-bad-food-ingredients.jpg

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I don't understand that tweet at all.

Because the Secret Service cars have wheels, and wheels are old, we should have a wall? What?

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad it's not just me that has trouble parsing what that statement is meant to say. I've read it a couple of times and I'm not understanding.

That's because it doesn't make logical sense. He is implying that "walls" and "the wheel" are eternally perfect in use because we still use both despite them being "invented" millennia ago. It's a non-sequitur mixed with an appeal to antiquity.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
He's trying to say that walls are old and they've worked in the past so they're going to work in this specific context. And he's comparing it to wheels because...they're also old and worked in the past?

I mean, it's staggeringly fucking stupid, but at least he's trying to form a thought.

Oct 30, 2017
A knife is older than a fork. And I looked, and every single kitchen out there, even the really expensive ones that Trump Hotel uses, and believe me they are expensive, I said, "Do they all have knives?" Yes. "Oh, I thought that was medieval."

Oct 25, 2017
So he researched Masonry to build City Walls before The Wheel, big deal. Aqueducts are so important in the early game and chariots suck.
Though I guess he's also the kind of player who would research Bronze Working first so he can go straight to Currency.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Cavemen lived in caves cause they at least knew walls protected them when resting.

Is Trump dumber than a caveman?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Remember in medieval times when they were using early guns and were all, like, "you know not might be a good time to be able to transport things over large distances."

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
how dumb do you have to be to think humans came up with wheels before walls

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to imagine that Trump actually asked a Secret Service agent if their cars have wheels, and then laugh at the image of the agent's face as he struggled to determine if Trump was serious.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gonna be honest though I think 99% of people on the street don't know this kind of stuff. Left/right/academic/working class.

It's funny he opened his mouth about it, though.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
walls and wheels but where's the goddamn steam? kill the evil liberal comperters that are always trying to stick it to republicans!

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Degenerate orange blood clot a low key anti-vaxxer. As such is this really surprising? For him it is about selling a product and in the moment delivering the sales pitch, the object of sale in question supersedes everything else in the world.

I'd reckon he would have an entertaining answer for how old the earth is.