• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Why not just equip the US military with rocks and slings then? Probably would save us a hell of a lot of $$ in the defense budget. Maybe even enough for a wall!

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can't WAIT until Trump discovers fire.
giphy.gif

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
bhlqv6rkv1s11.jpg

Should build the wall out of discarded tires.

I think they tried that a few days ago

They formed a human chain to haul the discarded tires out of the muck and through the trees.

It took a cadre of volunteers, police cadets and furloughed federal workers two hours on Thursday to clear more than 1,000 tires from a muddy stream bed and steep embankment at Fort Dupont Park.

Police said the tires had been dumped in the 376-acre expanse in Southeast Washington by one man who authorities believe was paid by auto body shops to unload used tires

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...cfd62dbb0a8_story.html?utm_term=.e143560a668b

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
What if instead of building a full wall, you built a partial wall that was on wheels so it could roll itself in front of illegal immigrants when they get too close to the border.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Remember that horrific decapitating wall from that Caligula movie with Malcolm McDowell? How much that would be? In current US AMERICAN dollars.

I mean, if you're going full evil at least do it right, orange fuckface.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gonna be honest though I think 99% of people on the street don't know this kind of stuff. Left/right/academic/working class.

It's funny he opened his mouth about it, though.

I mean, for the normal person, the wall and the wheel were both invented "a long ass time ago".
What if instead of building a full wall, you built a partial wall that was on wheels so it could roll itself in front of illegal immigrants when they get too close to the border.

Shit delete this before he gets any ideas

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Can anyone translate what he's actually trying to say there?
I think a few people in this thread almost got it right, but what he was doing was trying to attack people who have been rightfully attacking the wall for being an antiquated method of dealing with issues like this. He's saying something like "People who think walls are outdated and useless are stupid. See? We still use wheels and they are old!"

Last edited:

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017

The world's oldest known wall is 11,500 years old

Archaeologists believe that wheels for transportation came into use about 5200 years ago.

That happened. Can you imagine the look on the Secret Service agent's face when Trump said "do they all have wheels? Oh I thought that was medieval?" What a fucking rambling moron.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Ropes are pretty old too. And they still beat walls. 45 even acknowledged this.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, for the normal person, the wall and the wheel were both invented "a long ass time ago".

Yup. I don't think most people even know the birth date of our most important invention: farming, the thing that actually birthed civilization (it was 12,500 years ago). It's fundamental to everything about our way of life now... but nobody knows that unless they studied anthropology or whatever.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
This is the same idiot who said that because houses have walls, the country should have one.

It's like he's never heard of usage cases.

Fuck it he wouldn't know the term if someone even used Crayola drawings.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think a few people in this thread almost got it right, but what he was doing was trying to attack people who have been rightfully attacking the wall for being an antiquated method of dealing with issues like this. He's saying something like "People who think wall are outdated and useless are stupid. See? We still use wheels and they are old!"

keep in mind, though, that one of the right's favorite ways to attack net neutrality is to claim that it's based off of really old principles. And remember -- if something is old, it HAS to be bad.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump accidentally confirming that Area 51 doesn't have hovercars yet

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand his analogy anyway. I seriously has no idea what he is trying to say in that tweet. Shouldn't he say that walls are older, that humans created the wall before the wheel and that's the reason why walls are so important?

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
alexi52

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand his analogy anyway. I seriously has no idea what he is trying to say in that tweet. Shouldn't he say that walls are older, that humans created the wall before the wheel and that's the reason why walls are so important?
I believe this is pretty much the best explanation of what he's trying to say
↓↓↓↓↓↓
I think a few people in this thread almost got it right, but what he was doing was trying to attack people who have been rightfully attacking the wall for being an antiquated method of dealing with issues like this. He's saying something like "People who think wall are outdated and useless are stupid. See? We still use wheels and they are old!"

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
https://americansforprosperity.org/sorry-mr-president-the-internet-isnt-a-19th-century-railroad/

It was literally their favorite go to line about net neutrality: "19th century! 1900's!!"

Of course, they'd make these claims, then defer to the "founding fathers" moments later on other issues, so they're consistently hypocrites at least.
Interesting! I think I had missed all of that at the time. And, yeah, that's definitely - if not hypocritical - an odd line of attack.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting! I think I had missed all of that at the time. And, yeah, that's definitely - if not hypocritical - an odd line of attack.

the most absolutely insane thing of it all? Net Neutrality is based off of Right to Use policy... which was a republican invention. In fact, it's quintessentially republican. It was the compromise they formed to allow for natural monopolies. It's literally some of their most basic ideology in practice.

These policies were invented to counter the fear of nationalised telephone lines, nationalized railroads, etc.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Who actually gives a shit? What is this supposed to prove? Is this supposed to make light bulbs go off and convince people on his wall? Who is he even talking to about this?

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
the most absolutely insane thing of it all? Net Neutrality is based off of Right to Use policy... which was a republican invention. In fact, it's quintessentially republican. It was the compromise they formed to allow for natural monopolies. It's literally some of their most basic ideology in practice.

These policies were invented to counter the fear of nationalised telephone lines, nationalized railroads, etc.
Huh, I didn't know that either. Thanks for all the info today! It's been interesting.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
My takeaway here is he's hit the point where the Secret Service are the only ones still willing to humor his horseshit in person.

Like he probably tried to harass some random-passerby about wheels and got told to eat a dick.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
How is that basic human history ?? I wouldn't known that tbh ,but I also wouldn't talk out of my ass without knowing facts.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
I mean... caves had walls... and I don't have evidence to support this, but I think caves predate the wheel.