• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White America is livid about this guy walking. I'm not happy about it either to be fair but you can tell a lot about how people view race relations by seeing how they react to this guy walking and the strawman arguments built that use him as a jumping off point.

This. White or black, no one should be okay with anyone just walking away like he is. Him being black is turning every racist bigot into a political and legal analyst, though.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
A few hours before this, Trump said if his boy Barr had been AG from the start, there would never have been a Mueller investigation, therefore all his very nice (white) people friends wouldn't be in jail for the crimes they committed. Hours after that he goes after a young black guy, which is reminiscent of when he wanted the death penalty for the Central Park Five even though they were exonerated.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Is now really the best time for Trump to try to prove they someone not charged with a crime can still be guilty in actuality?

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
A few hours before this, Trump said if his boy Barr had been AG from the start, there would never have been a Mueller investigation, therefore all his very nice (white) people friends wouldn't be in jail. Hours after that he goes after a young black guy, which is reminiscent of when he wanted the death penalty for the Central Park Five, even though they were exonerated.
Jussie is 36

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Arguably the kid who tried to hunt down an elected member of congress and sent himself a death threat in the process should also be looked at by the FBI, but we all know why Trump wants to focus on one and not the other.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
"Speaking as another person who was also exonerated under incredibly suspicious circumstances this week... you should BURN in HELL jussie"

I dont think the irony is lost on him either. He thinks he is indestructible right now.

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
I'm puzzled about what it is about a case involved a famous black man that could have prompted Trump to insert himself via Twitter.

continent-sized-thinking-emoji.gif

Gamonbozia

Feb 25, 2019
I find it hilarious how many white people are freaking out over a black man walking free. I hope Jussie Smollett gets off scott free just to show those racists that nobody cares about them. Let Jussie walk !!!

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Weren't..they...already looking at it?

No they weren't! I was sitting there at my desk watching Fox and Friends (Tremendous show btw) and I thought to myself "Why has the FBI not gotten involved! Where is JUSTICE? So i called up the FBI who are just the best people. Truly patriotic Americans the FBI and I said " WE NEED TO FIX THIS! THIS IS WRONG!" and of course since I am the Commander in Chief they jumped right to it! But will the media thank me for this? NO! They will just come after me and saying that I am trying to cause distractions or that I am sticking my nose where it doesn't belong! But I am the President! I stick my nose where I want! You think Hillary wouldn't have gotten involved? No sir. She would have had Obama and Soros on the line within the hour and the Deep State would have been all over this situation trying to cover it up, but not me. I'm a real American. I like Big Mac's and Fried Chicken. Did I ever tell you guys about the time that I fed the national champions Big Macs during the Democrats shutdown? Wonderful day. I got to eat McDonalds and talk Football. Love football. Amazing Sport Tremendous passtime. Love when they do they thing with the ball. Thats a mans games right there no doubt. Strong men playing a strong sport. Strong like America. Strong like our borders need to be. But the obstructionist Democrats won't let me build the wall but I showed them! Declared an emergency and everything! But was that enough? NO! They keep coming after me and telling me I am mentally unfit to be President! But my mind is solid as a rock and as strong as one too. I have the best brain with the best learning. No problems in my brain no sir. Why are you even talking about my brain? How dare you? This is just the fake news again bringing up subjects that don't matter. You are fake news. I am done here. #SAD #MAGA

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
In public conscious definition 2 can still be used and even definition 1 is shaky. In the courts it is innocent until proven guilty, but he didn't even go to trial.
  • 1. not guilty of a crime or offense.
    "the arbitrary execution of an innocent man"
    synonyms:guiltless, guilt-free, not guilty, blameless, not to blame, in the clear, unimpeachable, irreproachable, above suspicion, beyond criticism, without fault, faultless; More
    honorable, honest, upright, upstanding, law-abiding, incorrupt;
    informalsqueaky clean
    "the police realized he was entirely innocent"

antonyms:guilty
    • without experience or knowledge of.
      "a man innocent of war's cruelties"
    • without; lacking.
      "a street quite innocent of bookstores"
      synonyms:free from, without, lacking (in), empty of, clear of, unacquainted with, ignorant of, unaware of, unfamiliar with, untouched by;
      rarenescient of
      "she is genuinely innocent of guile"
    not responsible for or directly involved in an event yet suffering its consequences.
    "an innocent bystander"

This. Plus, he was never found guilty or innocent/not guilty, the charges were just dropped altogether.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I find it hilarious how many white people are freaking out over a black man walking free. I hope Jussie Smollett gets off scott free just to show those racists that nobody cares about them. Let Jussie walk !!!
lol. I think he deserves to be punished, though perhaps the (temporary?) loss of his career and income and reputation will be significant enough. I definitely question the motivations of people like Trump though, given his history.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
This. White or black, no one should be okay with anyone just walking away like he is. Him being black is turning every racist bigot into a political and legal analyst, though.

I mean, but why is this guy suddenly the poster boy for outraged americans angry at injustice? Same folks livid about this ain't give a single shit about any unarmed black person gunned down by the police.

So the outrage dial being turned to 11 on this rings hollow as fuck.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, but why is this guy suddenly the poster boy for outraged americans angry at injustice? Same folks livid about this ain't give a single shit about any unarmed black person gunned down by the police.

I know, that's the point. It's "a black guy, so now injustice will not be tolerated." It's laughable.

-2B-

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 23, 2018

The story involves someone famous and has had tons of interesting twists and turns. A lot of people are following it due to that.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
I have some bad news
That the CPD ruined any chance of justice being done by trying to frame him? I knew that already
He's innocent now? I know the charges were dropped, but I thought he still orchestrated the attack against himself.
There isnt any evidence supporting this. All the CPD has is a "confession" by two immigrants that they wont release the tapes for (because it's the cops threatening them with ICE until they agreed to lie)

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That the CPD ruined any chance of justice being done by trying to frame him? I knew that already

There isnt any evidence supporting this. All the CPD has is a "confession" by two immigrants that they wont release the tapes for (because it's the cops threatening them with ICE until they agreed to lie)

conspiracy theories now?

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
i'm still confused to the uproar this has caused. Is it mainly because of the news coverage when it happened? What was he being charged with, filing a false police report? In IL his case could be considered a felony, but penalty is 30 days community service and a max of a 10k fine.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get over Conservatives getting so mad about this case but so happy about the Muller "Summary". Both Trump and Jussie are walking around claiming they are innocent/exonerated.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
No they weren't! I was sitting there at my desk watching Fox and Friends (Tremendous show btw) and I thought to myself "Why has the FBI not gotten involved! Where is JUSTICE? So i called up the FBI who are just the best people. Truly patriotic Americans the FBI and I said " WE NEED TO FIX THIS! THIS IS WRONG!" and of course since I am the Commander in Chief they jumped right to it! But will the media thank me for this? NO! They will just come after me and saying that I am trying to cause distractions or that I am sticking my nose where it doesn't belong! But I am the President! I stick my nose where I want! You think Hillary wouldn't have gotten involved? No sir. She would have had Obama and Soros on the line within the hour and the Deep State would have been all over this situation trying to cover it up, but not me. I'm a real American. I like Big Mac's and Fried Chicken. Did I ever tell you guys about the time that I fed the national champions Big Macs during the Democrats shutdown? Wonderful day. I got to eat McDonalds and talk Football. Love football. Amazing Sport Tremendous passtime. Love when they do they thing with the ball. Thats a mans games right there no doubt. Strong men playing a strong sport. Strong like America. Strong like our borders need to be. But the obstructionist Democrats won't let me build the wall but I showed them! Declared an emergency and everything! But was that enough? NO! They keep coming after me and telling me I am mentally unfit to be President! But my mind is solid as a rock and as strong as one too. I have the best brain with the best learning. No problems in my brain no sir. Why are you even talking about my brain? How dare you? This is just the fake news again bringing up subjects that don't matter. You are fake news. I am done here. #SAD #MAGA

The really great parodies of Trump always make me laugh...and then cry.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018

Police fill an innocent black man holding a cell phone with 40 bullet holes and walk free.
White America: Yawn

Black man stages publicity stunt and walks free.
White America: OUTRAGE!!!11

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If only police brutality against minorities got this much interest in justice being served.