• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
U.S. President Donald Trump has signed a full pardon for former media mogul Conrad Black, who was convicted in 2007 of fraud and obstruction of justice.

Black, 74, spent almost 3½ years in a Florida prison before being released and deported back to Canada. He had originally been sentenced to 78 months in jail, but had his sentence reduced after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down several of his initial convictions.

A statement from the White House on Wednesday said Black has made "tremendous contributions to business, as well as to political and historical thought."
A reminder that Black wrote a column defending Faith Goldy (a white supremacist), among other heinous pieces I am not going to link to for obvious reasons.
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/conrad-black-pardon-trump-1.5137985

Last edited:

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I don't know who any of these people are, but Trump's involvement suggests they were totally guilty but he's sympathetic to their criminality or white nationalism.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Conrad Black...the first rich man to go to prison in three hundred years!

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
He served his time and is rich, what's the point in dirtying his name by accepting a Trump pardon, what does he gain?

If I were Conrad I wouldn't even accept it.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Conrad Black is a criminal piece of shit, not surprised that an asshole like Trump would pardon him.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know much about the guy, but apparently he wrote this book:

D6perqoXoAEci0U.jpg

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Wait. This guy did his time and was deported? What does a pardon do? He's still guilty even with it. Just allow him to get a visa? Can a convicted felon get a green card/visa?

Oct 27, 2017
Birds of a feather.

The Canadian-born British citizen was once known for his extravagant lifestyle as he ran an international newspaper empire that included the Chicago Sun-Times and the Jerusalem Post. But he ended up serving three and a half years in prison after being convicted in 2007 of siphoning off millions of dollars from the sale of newspapers owned by the company he controlled.

Since leaving jail Black, who is also a British peer, has been on a quest to clear his name. Last year he published a book entitled Donald J Trump: A President Like No Other, writing that Trump "is not, in fact, a racist, sexist, warmonger, hothead, promoter of violence, or a foreign or domestic economic warrior". He suggested the president had been misunderstood.

Trump called Black personally to deliver the news that he was to receive a full presidential pardon, dubbing him "the great Lord Black".

A White House spokesperson said the decision had been made because of Black's "tremendous contributions to business, as well as to political and historical thought", as well as the work he had done supporting fellow prisoners while inside.

The only thing black that Trump likes.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I feel like if I were president the last thing I'd do is pardon everybody convicted of marijuana possession and smaller counts stemming from it if it was their only crime. That's what...50,000? 100,000?

Guessing I probably wouldn't get away with that though lol