• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Link.

President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he was not concerned that he would get impeached and that payments made ahead of the 2016 election by his former personal attorney Michael Cohen to two women did not violate campaign finance laws.

"It's hard to impeach somebody who hasn't done anything wrong and who's created the greatest economy in the history of our country," Trump told Reuters in an Oval Office interview.

"I'm not concerned, no. I think that the people would revolt if that happened," he said.

Prosecutors on Friday sought prison time for Cohen, Trump's self-proclaimed "fixer," for the payments, which they said were made in "coordination with and at the direction of" Trump, as well as on charges of evading taxes and lying to Congress.

Trump, who has criticized Cohen and called for him to get a long sentence, said his ex-lawyer should have known the rules.

"Michael Cohen is a lawyer. I assume he would know what he's doing," Trump said when asked if he had discussed campaign finance laws with Cohen.

"Number one, it wasn't a campaign contribution. If it were, it's only civil, and even if it's only civil, there was no violation based on what we did. OK?"

Asked about prosecutors' assertions that a number of people who had worked for him met or had business dealings with Russians before and during his 2016 presidential campaign, Trump said: "The stuff you're talking about is peanut stuff."

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"greatest economy"

Bah..hAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAA *crying a river of pure sadness throughout the laughter*

Forearms

Oct 25, 2017
LOL... I hope he realizes that no one is going to bat for him should impeachment become a reality. What a doofus.

Deleted member 25445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
hqdefault.jpg

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
That's... not how it works.

Also, he's definitely getting impeached.

Also, saying you think people will revolt? Fuck you, "President."

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
When trump is out of office i want a huge obnoxious bumper sticker that says "It was never yours." on it.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
He's gonna hide behind the economy he's burning.

You know he's done the second this shit crashes. That's his only "wall" thus far.

Oct 25, 2017
That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works.

Jeez, it's no wonder all of Trump's ventures went bankrupt, he doesn't know anything.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cannot wait for this orange baboon to be out of office already.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Tell that to Nixon who despite being a crooked piece of shit was an actual accomplished politician with a lot of accomplishments as president a big one being opening diplomacy and business with China.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Motherfucker is already laying the groundwork for calling for violence when he leaves office. Scum.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tell that to Nixon who despite being a crooked piece of shit was an actual accomplished politician with a lot of accomplishments as president a big one being opening diplomacy and business with China.
he was smart enough to step away but is trump? i can see him refusing to step down as everything burns around him.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I would be surprised if the house doesn't impeach him. Beyond that, I don't expect much if anything to happen in terms of consequences.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I've never in all my life have seen such a severe case of combined narcissism and delusion, it's like he's a fucking cartoon character

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Who is he talking about? Is he referring to himself because neither of those things are true.

Oct 27, 2017
I thought he didn't have any business with the Russians? Now he admits it, but downplays it? Dude is a pathological liar. Every word out of his mouth is a lie.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Number one, it wasn't a campaign contribution. If it were, it's only civil, and even if it's only civil, there was no violation based on what we did. OK?"

Literally running through The Narcissist's Prayer

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're right, Mr. Trump. It's hard to impeach someone who hasn't done anything wrong.

Unfortunately, that isn't you.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
He's gonna be in for a rude awakening when theres no country wide revolt after the house impeachment and just some of his nutters getting upset

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Peanuts haha good grief! Peanuts is how much grey matter he has in his skull to devote to shit outside of sitting in his room stress eating thinking about his empire crumbling.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah it'd be pretty hard to impeach the person trump described, but I don't see what that has to do with him.

blinky

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The guy unfortunately has a point that if the S&P were up where it was a few months ago, he would have some i-frames. But it isn't and he doesn't, nor should he.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I see your point, but Nixon also literally committed treason with China to sabotage the Vietnam peace talks (resulting in around 1 million deaths by the extension of the war), such treason being long known about but now definitively proven with documents released over the last few years. So, not the best example. Hmm, or is it?