• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-hosts-white-house-screening-of-joker-162846043.html
WASHINGTON — A supervillain was inside the White House Saturday night. CNN's Shimon Prokupecz reported that President Trump hosted a showing of "Joker," which tells the origin story of Batman's archnemesis.

A senior White House official confirmed to Yahoo News that Trump screened the movie for guests including "family, friends, and some staff."

"Joker," which was released in theaters in October, stars Joaquin Phoenix as Arthur Fleck, a disturbed young comedian who descends into a world of crime. The movie has proved controversial. It won the Golden Lion at the Venice International Film Festival after it premiered there in August. However, some critics have raised concerns that the film's dark mood and depiction of a man driven to brutality could inspire copycat crimes.

The senior White House official said Trump liked the film.

Trump is a longtime movie fan. During his career as a real estate mogul and reality television star, Trump regularly screened movies on his private plane. One of Trump's favorite movies is reportedly the 1988 Jean-Claude Van Damme martial arts classic "Bloodsport." In a 2013 tweet, Trump rattled off a list of some of his favorite movies.

"Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, etc.," Trump wrote.

hSnJcl7.png

a9XEFtK.jpg

Also for laughs one of his old movie reviews

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Does he do movie nights regularly? Or was this a one off thing? Despite how awful he is, its been known for a long time he enjoys movies.

Oct 27, 2017
"In a 2013 tweet, Trump rattled off a list of some of his favorite movies. "Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, etc., Trump wrote."

There is no fucking way Trump has the attention span to sit through a 4 hour movie. No. Fucking. Way.

Hell I'd be surprised if he can make it through a re-run of Friends.

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Does he do movie nights regularly? Or was this a one off thing? Despite how awful he is, its been known for a long time he enjoys movies.
Probably regularly... after all Bill Clinton watched hundreds of movies in the WH.

One of Trump's first actions as president was a private Finding Dory screening. Remember that?

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully he can relate to character with mentally illness and decides to get some help himself.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
"In a 2013 tweet, Trump rattled off a list of some of his favorite movies. "Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, etc., Trump wrote."

There is no fucking way Trump has the attention span to sit through a 4 hour movie. No. Fucking. Way.

I'm sure he could. The only thing he's good at is watching television, and crimes, and sexual assault, and money laundering, and relationships with criminal organizations/individuals.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Him saying Citizen Kane is his favorite movie just keeps making me smile.

It says everything you need ot know about this fake fucker, and how slick he thinks he is lol

jml

Mar 9, 2018

Yeah there's no way. I remember a report that said he loved Bloodsport but every time he watched it he'd have someone fast forward through everything that wasn't a fight scene. I'm sure he only listed Citizen Kane and Gone With The Wind as his favorites because those are safe classic movies to pick.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Oh. Will he watch his favorite film Citizen Kane as well? Or perhaps weigh in on the film adaptation of All Quiet on the Western Front?

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, a decision I actually respect; good on Donald for at least being able to do one thing right in his life.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017

To be fair, I cant make it through friends bc it's trash.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
I'm gonna make an educated guess here and predict that Trump doesn't actually know a damn thing about this film, and chose it solely on the basis of its continued popularity. So I would be legit interested in seeing his reactions as the film progresses. Shame he's not even bothering to watch it.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
wasn't trump on death's door last night, maybe he wanted this to be the last thing he saw

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

He watched the alternate version of Gone with the Wind that still has the KKK in it.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Woodrow Wilson had Birth of a Nation, Trump has Joker lol.

After the presidency, Trump should do a one man show as Hattie McDaniel.