• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He seems to hate McCain because McCain was probably one of the "few" Republicans that actually tried to call bullshit for what it is, and that McCain has tarnished Trump's record of being the anti-Obama, taking down everything Obama created. This will bother Trump forfuckingever.

I will not have one molecule of sadness the day I hear "Donald Trump has passed away". I didn't even like McCain but I had compassion for him and his family. Not with this petty worm that makes being alive feel like such a nightmare, knowing such a dipshit is in charge of America.

I'm sorry but, McCain is horrible, Trump's horribleness doesn't negate McCain's horribleness, and I bothered that even progressive people are cool with McCain.

Going by McCain's death, it's highly propbable that when Trump dies, people are gonna be all "at least he wasn't as bad as XXX, he was one of tthe good ones, I have compassion for him and his family"

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
as much as i detest McCains political legacy, and resent him for inflicting his daughter on the public at large, i am pretty impressed at his ability to get under Trumps skin even though he's been dead for like six months. it's even richer considering McCain is probably somewhat directly responsible for opening the door for Donnie Dingdong's brand of politics by choosing Palin as his running mate. honestly, it might be the most inspired i've ever felt by McCain - i hope i still manage to drive someone as shitty as Trump nuts when i'm decomposing

Oct 28, 2017
This guy deserves the worst form of ass cancer. The kind where you have to shit through a tube and the kind that's so painful the only way you can move is by walking on all fours.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
It bothers me that John McCain has basically been whitewashed, how he's now one of the "good™" ones.

Thing is you can still criticize McCain's politics and all. Any normal person can or at least someone who's legitimately interested in discussing policy.

Trump's pettiness may have been fine with him as a private citizen. But as a man who's currently sitting in the White House as the president, this level of childishness over a dead veteran and member of Congress coming from Trump is just absolutely horrid. It becomes further difficult to defend him because he brings this shit up even now seven months after the man was buried.

This kind of shit is not going to play well with moderate conservatives. It was one thing to be going after him while he was alive. It's another when we're going to be approaching a year after his death and he still can't stop taking pot shots at a dead man, and it goes to the levels of superficially mocking McCain as opposed to actually having a worthwhile discussion of his political legacy.

In short, think what you want about McCain. But someone in the position of POTUS having zero class when discussing McCain is worth defending someone like McCain over.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
All that money and no class

Lindsay Graham coddling up to Trump looks even worse. This guy is constantly shit-talking your dead best friend and you sidle up to him even more smfh. How do you not say anything? Fucking horrible

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thing is you can still criticize McCain's politics and all. Any normal person can or at least someone who's legitimately interested in discussing policy.

Trump's pettiness may have been fine with him as a private citizen. But as a man who's currently sitting in the White House as the president, this level of childishness over a dead veteran and member of Congress coming from Trump is just absolutely horrid. It becomes further difficult to defend him because he brings this shit up even now seven months after the man was buried.

This kind of shit is not going to play well with moderate conservatives. It was one thing to be going after him while he was alive. It's another when we're going to be approaching a year after his death and he still can't stop taking pot shots at a dead man, and it goes to the levels of superficially mocking McCain as opposed to actually having a worthwhile discussion of his political legacy.

In short, think what you want about McCain. But someone in the position of POTUS having zero class when discussing McCain is worth defending someone like McCain over.
a. Don't Republicans hate McCain (for the wrong reasons) more than Democrats though?
b. I think the US doesn't want an honest discussion of McCain.. Not back then around his death, not now.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Alert: The purpose of this thread was not to defend McCain. He is a war criminal as many of you have said. But rather showing those on the right willing to explain away Trump's comments.

To be honest I suspect Trump is actually pretty angry with McCain for being dead. Psychopathic sadists like Trump are enraged at people who are, in some way, beyond their reach. They are addicted to attacking targets to get feedback.

McCain is referred to as a hero and the "last real republican". Trump cannot insult him and know McCain will see it and be hurt by it.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Support for this, even in his own base, has to be pretty low. Talking shit about a deceased former POW. How exactly does that help anybody?

Oct 28, 2017
It's s struggle for everyone in the GOP and Trump is just the distilled version of regular republicans.
but-why.gif

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but, McCain is horrible, Trump's horribleness doesn't negate McCain's horribleness, and I bothered that even progressive people are cool with McCain.

Going by McCain's death, it's highly propbable that when Trump dies, people are gonna be all "at least he wasn't as bad as XXX, he was one of tthe good ones, I have compassion for him and his family"

Please understand what I meant was I was sad for his wife and daughter, as they lost someone they loved. Perhaps that "human" feeling of loss.

I will not have such feelings for any Trump family member. I will probably view Trump similarly to Reagan: every day they're not on this earth, the skies are a little clearer.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Trump is a sick deluded person

How disgusting can one man be. Let alone someone who is supposed to bring calm and reason and reassurance to a country

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually don't think he gives a crap about the health care vote lol, he directly keeps bringing up the "fake dossier" that McCain handed over to the FBI, that's what really chaps his ass I guess.

The thing is if that dossier was all just fluff and untrue, why's he care so much? Unless of course ...

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Real talk, what if we ignored stupid shit like this? Seriously. What if we just fucking ignore ALL of the petty bullshit and only hit on substantial shit he does.This is shitty, he (and McCain) are pieces of shit, but I'm so fucking TIRED of hearing about every inconsequential ignorant thing Trump says. We get it. He's a fucking ignoramus racist fuck boy. Personally, I hope he takes up drinking.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I really hope people don't hold back on Trump when he's dead due to some misguided civility. He IS worth it to let it all out on this piece of shit.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
His supporters will find a way to defend his stupid ass, even though he's shitting on a dead politician of the same party who was much better than him and could probably do much better than him in office from the grave.

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
I really hope people don't hold back on Trump when he's dead due to some misguided civility. He IS worth it to let it all out on this piece of shit.
Thou I whole heartily agree, if this dipshit somehow lives to one hundred with mickey dee's in his veins I expect there will be plenty of whitewashing before then

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Real talk, what if we ignored stupid shit like this? Seriously. What if we just fucking ignore ALL of the petty bullshit and only hit on substantial shit he does.This is shitty, he (and McCain) are pieces of shit, but I'm so fucking TIRED of hearing about every inconsequential ignorant thing Trump says. We get it. He's a fucking ignoramus racist fuck boy. Personally, I hope he takes up drinking.

Then it becomes the new normal.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
a. Don't Republicans hate McCain (for the wrong reasons) more than Democrats though?
b. I think the US doesn't want an honest discussion of McCain.. Not back then around his death, not now.

A) They don't. At least not the majority of those who consider themselves Republican by my estimate. CPAC is not representative of the majority of people who consider themselves traditionally Republican. Though arguably with an older and dying out base the younger generation who flock to Trump because of his brashness that is slowly changing.

Generally speaking though attacking a dead man more than half a year after he's been buried goes beyond pettiness especially when it's mostly concerned with Trump claiming he never got thanks for approving his arrangements or attacking McCain as not being a good student. Which for those of us who want to discuss McCain post-death, who the fuck cares about that? And for those who do genuinely admire McCain comes off as juvenile and uncalled for.

B) Immediately after anyone's death who wasn't a clear criminal it's difficult to have any honest conversation about that person's legacy because "too soon" tends to be the response you're always going to get regardless of political affiliation or what have you.

That hasn't stopped people like Ilhan Omar for instance from criticizing McCain's policy and behavior. Of which is a bit more managable and people can actually get behind. And we could certainly have that conversation because it's based on actual substance and discussing his experiences and what led to the decisions he came to and what he supported or didn't support.

On the other hand, as mentioned in A, arguing that he wasn't a "hero" or attacking his intelligence seems more like a petty argument or if nothing else comes off as an attempt to dismiss McCain as an example of what being a "Republican" should mean. Since Trump is about appealing to the lizard brains of his base his goal is to portray McCain as weak and impotent as opposed to talking about the ethics/morals of his policies and what that means to the global geopolitical landscape. Of course that's a difficult conversation to have for some people but if nothing else, as I mentioned, it's a conversation of substance that while it would get pushback it could be argued is a worthwhile discussion.

Despite his faults though McCain's still more of a man than Trump will ever be and that's no more evidenced by the fact that Trump is still insecure about a guy who's been dead for 7 months.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think McCain's reputation has a lot of bearing on just how petty and vindictive trump is being. Going on about him for 4 days is just....irrational. And he's not going on about stuff we might have problems with, it's because he didn't get thanked for his funeral, or the ACA vote, or the Dossier. I don't really want to give Trump a pass for acting like a piece of trash just because the guy he's raging against was flawed.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
The fact that a significant number of people look at this man and see any kind of charisma just blows my mind. What a classless cunt.

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A) They don't. At least not the majority of those who consider themselves Republican by my estimate. CPAC is not representative of the majority of people who consider themselves traditionally Republican. Though arguably with an older and dying out base the younger generation who flock to Trump because of his brashness that is slowly changing.

Generally speaking though attacking a dead man more than half a year after he's been buried goes beyond pettiness especially when it's mostly concerned with Trump claiming he never got thanks for approving his arrangements or attacking McCain as not being a good student. Which for those of us who want to discuss McCain post-death, who the fuck cares about that? And for those who do genuinely admire McCain comes off as juvenile and uncalled for.

B) Immediately after anyone's death who wasn't a clear criminal it's difficult to have any honest conversation about that person's legacy because "too soon" tends to be the response you're always going to get regardless of political affiliation or what have you.

That hasn't stopped people like Ilhan Omar for instance from criticizing McCain's policy and behavior. Of which is a bit more managable and people can actually get behind. And we could certainly have that conversation because it's based on actual substance and discussing his experiences and what led to the decisions he came to and what he supported or didn't support.

On the other hand, as mentioned in A, arguing that he wasn't a "hero" or attacking his intelligence seems more like a petty argument or if nothing else comes off as an attempt to dismiss McCain as an example of what being a "Republican" should mean. Since Trump is about appealing to the lizard brains of his base his goal is to portray McCain as weak and impotent as opposed to talking about the ethics/morals of his policies and what that means to the global geopolitical landscape. Of course that's a difficult conversation to have for some people but if nothing else, as I mentioned, it's a conversation of substance that while it would get pushback it could be argued is a worthwhile discussion.

Despite his faults though McCain's still more of a man than Trump will ever be and that's no more evidenced by the fact that Trump is still insecure about a guy who's been dead for 7 months.
a. Trump's just being a petty child with regards to McCain. That doesn't mean that McCain is suddenly absolved of the bloom on his hands.

b. Just because we have one or two people that criticize McCain doesn't change the reality that he's been whitewashed and labeled as a hero especially by the Democrats and that doesn't make it any less concerning or creepy.

C. Honestly the worst thing that's gonna come out of Trump's tantrum over McCain is that McCain's gonna look even better. Like, people can now label McCain as just having "faults"

d. Why was it acceptable for British people to Celebrate Thatcher's death but the same isn't true for any American equivalent in the US?

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please understand what I meant was I was sad for his wife and daughter, as they lost someone they loved. Perhaps that "human" feeling of loss.

I will not have such feelings for any Trump family member. I will probably view Trump similarly to Reagan: every day they're not on this earth, the skies are a little clearer.
John Mccain has genuine blood on his hands, I'm sorry.
And Megan McCain is horrible