• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
So, when lies fail, turn to violence? I'm sure the orange piece of shit would be the first one on the battlefield and not immediately flying away like a coward.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Honestly the military organizations(Army, Navy, etc) and police unions need to come out as soon as possible(now) and put out statements that they in fact do not condone these words that Trump is saying.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love that he puts the police, military, and Bikers For Trump on the same level. Also sonetimes when I read Trump quotes he sounds like Piglet in my head.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is what Michael Cohen was talking about during his public testimony. And I can't speak to the military, but police by-and-large support Trump very strongly. They feel like his dogwhistles against Kaep and BLM were clear indicators that he will side with them no matter what.

We live in dangerous times.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Honestly the military organizations(Army, Navy, etc) and police unions need to come out as soon as possible(now) and put out statements that they in fact do not condone these words that Trump is saying.
Trump honestly believes that everyone in the country supports him 100% and dissent is fake news, which is weird because at the same time he understands that Democrats exist. You saw this reasoning failure during the government shutdown where one second he would be saying that all federal workers were willing to skip paychecks for his wall and then the next second he's say that it was OK for the workers to be suffering because they were all Democrats. It's almost as if he's a loon or something.

Deleted member 20892

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But the left plays it cuter and tougher. Like with all the nonsense that they do in Congress … with all this invest[igations]—that's all they want to do is –you know, they do things that are nasty. Republicans never played this.

??????????????????????????????

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Expecting a lot more of this as it becomes clearer to him that his reelection isn't as nailed in as he figures it will be. As well as him repeating that utter bullshit about the stock market "collapsing" if he were voted out.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Idle talk.

Trump is all talk, this isn't new.

Delusional rambling.

Doesn't even deserve a response and I won't give it one.

WormNeck

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like I've said this at least 20 dozen times now, but this is the most insane shit a sitting American President has ever said.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that's sweet that you'll think it'll be that easy. he's going to drag it out and won't accept the outcome if its not in his favor.
it doesn't matter if he wants to or not he doesn't have the support the start a coup

he's just saying he does, he doesn't actually nobody actually likes him - like sure right wingers agree with him, but he's generally highly ineffective at governance so most of them would rather have someone else if they had an option

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
Concerning obviously, he has an instinctively authoritarian mindset, however this is probably not going to be policy or anything. If The Trump Admin was actually competent and our democracy was even weaker, this we be cause for more concern.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
The racist lying guy who already has a history of making remarks encouraging violence makes more comments about violence. Not surprising at all.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is their commander-in-chief. Are they actually allowed to disagree or disobey him? I imagine all forms of free and independent thinking were drilled out of them during training.

Oct 26, 2017
i feel like this is in response to the senate rebuking his emergency declaration so hes making loud noises.

I really hope the senate vote is veto proof.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Trump is their commander-in-chief. Are they actually allowed to disagree or disobey him? I imagine all forms of free and independent thinking were drilled out of them during training.

Military generals and leadership are quite capable thinkers and often pretty opinionated. They won't be issuing any statements at this point, because that's how they roll. But if/when Trump loses in 2020, they aren't duty-bound to follow any directive of his that breaks laws/norms/puts the safety of the nation at risk.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Firstly
the military has the right to not follow unlawful orders. this seems unlawful to me.
And secondly the military swears their allegiances to the Constitution of the United States of America. Not the President.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Colonel Trumpeeto.

1*yJD0_AW_c2b8jURGtBOUtw.jpeg

He so wishes he was a dictator, fucking loser.

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Another thing is the military departments are very wary of negative PR now, have been for a long time. There's no way the military as a whole would support a president ordering them to fight back against this country's civilians. There will likely be individuals in the military that would support it, but the departments would cut them off like a wart with quickness, hell would likely throw them in the brig.

And yeah, the military isn't there to protect the president, it's there to protect the constitution.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
I don't know about some dipshit small town redneck cops, but the military is not going to support Donald Trump in a coup to overthrow the government if he loses. Just not going to happen.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
The Star

The full quote Trump gave (I will not be linking to the site he presented the quote to, mostly because I don't want them getting our clicks, but if you're desperate to see it, it's linked in the Star article I linked to above):

"So here's the thing—it's so terrible what's happening," Trump said when asked about how the left is fighting hard. "You know, the left plays a tougher game, it's very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don't play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don't play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad. But the left plays it cuter and tougher. Like with all the nonsense that they do in Congress … with all this invest[igations]—that's all they want to do is –you know, they do things that are nasty. Republicans never played this."

It sounds to me like he is preparing the stage to legitimize any use of force or state power to block a succession of power should (when) he lose the 2020 election. Which is, frankly, alarming.

He really doesn't understand the military dont like him at all. The rank and file are pretty against him and leadership is extremely wary of him and how incapable he is

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I read the interview from Brietbart, linked to in the Sun article.

LOL. Its 80% Trump crying over the fact that Paul Ryan supposedly blocked "investigations" that certain Republican House members wanted. (Aka, relitigate HRC and the Obama administration for the past 20 years) LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
He's not leaving office on his own. He sees what happened in China and he admires the unchecked power of autocrats around the world. It's going to be great watching him forcibly removed by FBI agents.