• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
The wall is only 5 billion dollars... out of over 4 trillion dollars in federal spending. That's 0.1%. There's a threat of a Trump Shutdown over 0.1%?
Well let's look at the last time we were in this exact situation. Trump killed DACA and demanded the 5 billion for his wall. Schumer said fine, take care of DACA and you can have your damn wall. Trump said no. He got money for border security and they have spent 6% of it, that's it.

It's nothing but a political move for Trump so he can get a win, it has nothing to do with actually building a wall. Why should the Democrats let him waste 5 billion dollars exactly? You say, oh it's only 5 billion what's the big deal? The big deal is, there is other shit that needs to be taken care of so if you want your political win you better be prepared to deal for it. Welcome to a two party government Trump, you now have to pass things with the approval of Democrats and if you fail to do that, you fail as president.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Zach Basu @zacharybasu

Sen. Tim Kaine on his tweet yesterday that Trump is "cheerleading a shutdown."

"We've offered him between $1 billion and $1.6 billion for border security. We did $1.3 billion last year and the administration couldn't even spend it all." #Axios360

Tim Kaine @timkaine

"Proud" ??

To hurt the economy?
To force federal workers (many in Virginia) to go without pay?
To demonstrate to the world that America can't even do the basic functions of governing?

Make no mistake: Donald Trump is cheerleading a shutdown.

Angst72

Oct 27, 2017
Trump hates it when someone calls him 'Donald' in public.
Consequently calls Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer 'Chuck and Nancy'

Stating the obvious, but the fucker is a fucking bully.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Pence was just thinking about how much he can't wait to go home and rest in Mother's bosom. And he was tired. Give the guy a break.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
He's probably worried he might have gotten her pregnant now.
Jokes aside, how can a VP sit in on such a meeting and not say a word? Trump must be fuming over this.

There's a very good chance that Trump told Pence to let him do the talking...which is exactly what he did, lol. Just speculation on my part, but I would expect no less from the self-proclaimed "Master Negotiator."

Sir_Caffeine

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
There's a very good chance that Trump told Pence to let him do the talking...which is exactly what he did, lol. Just speculation on my part, but I would expect no less from the self-proclaimed "Master Negotiator."
Yeah, sure. But I'm thinkg more to the point that you could see the conversation going south, and he coul've stepped in and ecouraged everyone to continue the debate behind close doors. But he didn' t. Its almos like he wanted to see Trump make a fool of himself....Maybe.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

POTUS called Pelosi yesterday afternoon and said he was considering the plans and he thought the meeting went well.

Julie Davis @juliehdavis

After his televised outburst in the Oval yesterday, Trump privately told Pelosi & Schumer they could cut deals & work together to have "the greatest Congress in the history of Congress" next year -- & he'd be able to force Senate Republicans to go along https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/11/us/politics/trump-border-wall-government-shutdown.html

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

POTUS called Pelosi yesterday afternoon and said he was considering the plans and he thought the meeting went well.

Julie Davis @juliehdavis

After his televised outburst in the Oval yesterday, Trump privately told Pelosi & Schumer they could cut deals & work together to have "the greatest Congress in the history of Congress" next year -- & he'd be able to force Senate Republicans to go along https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/11/us/politics/trump-border-wall-government-shutdown.html

WTF. There is ALREADY a bipartisan compromise for $1.6B for border security, isn't there? HE'S the one holding up the works in the first place. But sure, take credit for something that was done without your assistance, as usual.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

Julie Davis @juliehdavis

"Please don't stonewall me and investigate me to death, I'll be nice!!!" (he won't).

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
"Please don't stonewall me and investigate me to death, I'll be nice!!!" (he won't).
Lol yeah no way the niceness lasts. He'll be on twitter insulting their intelligence in no time, especially as soon as the investigations start. It's all downhill from here. If Trump actually cared about self-preservation he never would have run for president in the first place.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

Julie Davis @juliehdavis

He was probably told if the government was closed he wouldn't get a Christmas vacation.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's probably worried he might have gotten her pregnant now.
Jokes aside, how can a VP sit in on such a meeting and not say a word? Trump must be fuming over this.

His options were to side with the "enemy" or side with the idiot trying to shove both of his feet in his mouth at alarming speed.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
He was probably told if the government was closed he wouldn't get a Christmas vacation.

I expect he was probably reacting to the news. If the phrase "Trump Shutdown" started trending on news stations and social media, he'd be very worried about that since he doesn't want his own "Obamacare." The only things that ever seem to generate any kind of emotional investment from him are the things related to his public reputation. The government shutting down and people getting mad at HIM for it because it's got his name on it would definitely qualify.

Oct 27, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

Julie Davis @juliehdavis

Trump reminding me of Cartman talking shit to Wendy in public but behind closed doors trying desperately to apologize and have her call off the fight he knows she's going to win.

I hope we hear of Trump eating his underwear next.

Deleted member 29806

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

Julie Davis @juliehdavis

I read that correctly that Trump hopes to cooperate with Democrats to keep his own party under his thumb?

fierygunrob

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2018
Can they televise all of their meetings? I would watch hours of Pelosi so artfully shitting on Trump. And, even if I hate the guy, Schumer's Jim Halpert impression at the end killed me.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Can they televise all of their meetings? I would watch hours of Pelosi so artfully shitting on Trump. And, even if I hate the guy, Schumer's Jim Halpert impression at the end killed me.

I'm almost 100% certain that Trump will never do that again. Anything that's traumatized him that much is an experience he'll never repeat.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just getting to this...

Schumers comments on the orange turd bragging about the senate races LOL

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not American, but didn't the Republicans pull this same kind of crap when Obama tried to get something passed?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I often stated, "One way or the other, Mexico is going to pay for the Wall." This has never changed. Our new deal with Mexico (and Canada), the USMCA, is so much better than the old, very costly & anti-USA NAFTA deal, that just by the money we save, MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL!

Deleted member 29806

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
BREAKING NEWS: Mexico IS paying for the wall

I often stated, "One way or the other, Mexico is going to pay for the Wall." This has never changed. Our new deal with Mexico (and Canada), the USMCA, is so much better than the old, very costly & anti-USA NAFTA deal, that just by the money we save, MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL!

cameron: All right, can we call it a draw. ;)

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

Julie Davis @juliehdavis

This idiot can only think in extremes. Best or worst.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm not American, but didn't the Republicans pull this same kind of crap when Obama tried to get something passed?

The Republicans shut down the government years after Obamacare passed trying to force Obama to agree to get rid of it. Obamacare wasn't a racist, completely ineffective waste of money, so it's not a comparable situation regardless.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017

I'ma have to wait for a fact check on that one, Donald.

Last edited:

Sir_Caffeine

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden

Then why does he need the money for the wall? I don't get it.