• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I always see this threat. What exactly does shutting down the government mean and what are some of its repercussions?

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to remember was it the dreamers issue where trump had an agreement with both them and then reneged on it? They should do that to his ass now, give him hope and then keep snatching it from him.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Manu Raju @mkraju

Some Rs believe Trump was goaded by Schumer into saying he would be proud to shut the government down.

"I think Sen. Schumer was very shrewd in his efforts to make sure whatever blame exists with the shutdown doesn't rest with the Democrats," said Sen. Jerry Moran

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

Manu Raju @mkraju

Some Rs believe Trump was goaded by Schumer into saying he would be proud to shut the government down.

"I think Sen. Schumer was very shrewd in his efforts to make sure whatever blame exists with the shutdown doesn't rest with the Democrats," said Sen. Jerry Moran

Why would it rest with the Democrats regardless of Trump taking the pie from under the box held up by a stick attached to a string?

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DuJ09e9WwAAqm-E

But she is not a speaker of the house
Anyone who doubted or still doubts her, how do you want your crow? This is why she is feared by the GOP.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Trump will survive the next 2 years if this is what he's going to deal with constantly

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I always see this threat. What exactly does shutting down the government mean and what are some of its repercussions?

Most government workers get sent home and can't work until the shutdown is over. If it's for an extended amount of time, people will get royally fucked since they won't have a job to be paying bills, etc. It's a very bad look.

Other stuff gets shut down like national parks. There was that famous photo from the last shutdown:

8C9349133-today-saddest-shutdown-photo-monkey-131011.jpg

Last edited:

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Man, she lined up that spare like three turns ago.

Trump is completely out of his depth with people who have no reason to kiss his ass. Republicans have to worry about getting primary'd if they speak their mind, Dems can just blurt out what everyone's thinking.

Two actual policy wonks vs one man-child is almost unfair. They walked him into saying a government shutdown is 100% his fault (and those clips will play all next month) and they dared him to try the wall vote now and he chickenshitted out.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Manu Raju @mkraju

Well then help him get a brain Moran

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was in January?

No Jan is when the Dems takeover Dec 21 is that last working day for this old congress so its a Republican majority that's gonna cause the shutdown if it happens because they need democratic votes and they will never get them because Dems just won big on opposing Trump. There won't be a shutdown as the GOP really has nothing to loose and they also don't give a fuck about what Trump thinks anymore since there is no longer an election going on.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Most government workers get sent home and can't work until the shutdown is over. If it's for an extrxended amount of time, people will get royally fucked since they won't have a job to be paying bills, etc. It's a very bad look.

Other stuff gets shut down like national parks. There was that famous photo from the last shutdown:

8C9349133-today-saddest-shutdown-photo-monkey-131011.jpg
So it basically just fucks over government employees? Not even sure why the threat is permitted.

Deleted member 50193

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
After watching that footage I was half expecting Trump to stand up and walk out. 2019 sure is going to be an interesting year if this is a preview of what's to come.

Wandermust

Alt-Account
Dec 3, 2018
When has saying something directly contradictory to a previous statement EVER stopped Trump or his sycophants?

why are some of you peeps on here so obsessed with Trumpers? like. you already know nothing Trump does will change their mind on him. But they don't matter. they're a alost cause. The independents and "i'm a democrat but too lazy to vote because it doesn't affect me" are peeps you should want to see this. Because if you don't think they matter, you haven't been paying attention to recent elections

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
This is pretty much the exact conversation I've been hoping for for the last few years. Just Trump sitting there with actual politicians who have any idea what they are talking about and who do not give a fuck about kissing his ass.

Beautiful.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Can't they just pile up his bullshit and fashion a wall out of it? Unlimited supply and all.

KaladinSB

Oct 27, 2017
I love how he randomly throws out that 10 terrorists were caught trying to cross the border like he wouldn't have been posing for pictures with them being water boarded.

I wonder how many people are scrambling trying to find a way to make that true right now?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No they didn't, they blamed Trump for it because he was also proud of it then the public blamed Schumer for caving with zero to show for it on DACA.
No, that's what people paying full attention thought. There was a drop in democratic polling for awhile after and during that bit.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
I'm watching it again. That bait by Schumer... I think he didn't expect them to fight back that hard, Schumer started to change the tone and then it escalated. Schumer baited him two times actually and each time Trump took the bait.

Atlagev

Oct 27, 2017

Manu Raju @mkraju

I mean, no shit. This isn't exactly Sun Tzu levels of deception here.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Julie Davis @juliehdavis

Aide in rm when Pelosi described Oval mtg to colleagues said she crowed about Dems having gotten him to "fully own" a shutdown. Also said wall is "like a manhood thing for him. As if manhood could ever be associated with him."

sialnez

Oct 27, 2017

"Tremendous amounts of wall have already been built"... this... I mean, we should be used to so much by now, but still...

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

Julie Davis @juliehdavis

Aide in rm when Pelosi described Oval mtg to colleagues said she crowed about Dems having gotten him to "fully own" a shutdown. Also said wall is "like a manhood thing for him. As if manhood could ever be associated with him."

Yes. Fucking rip his prick off and feed it to him, Pelosi. Hope this means you've stopped beating the "civility drum".

Democrats really need to stop beating around the bush and go fucking in on Trump.