• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The republicans have the house. Why would this be on the Dems if Trump can't muster up the votes?

Matthew Miller @matthewamiller

Trump has no idea what he's in for the next two years and how different things are about to be for him.

Philip Rucker @PhilipRucker

Trump did not like that Nancy Pelosi called it the "Trump Shutdown."

Manu Raju @mkraju

Replying to @mkraju
"We should not have a Trump shutdown," Pelosi says. Trump: "A what?" Pelosi: "A Trump shutdown."

Manu Raju @mkraju

Trump getting angry as Pelosi says he doesn't have the votes in the House to fund the wall with GOP votes alone. "Nancy, I do."

This is fucking glorious.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
lmao, that devolved quickly. Pelosi and Schumer know they don't need to negotiate with this dickhead about the wall. Bring on January.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
They should say, "The Trump Shutdown will be as popular with the people as Trump Steaks and Trump University"

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Pence just sitting there thinking about what curtains he'll put up when the Psycho to his left is imprisoned.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Trump fully accepting responsibility for a government shutdown reminded me of that scene from Monsters Inc. with Mr. Waternoose.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017

I love how this tweet aged.

You do kinda wonder with all this time to soak in Trump's idiocy, was there ever a point where this dude was like "Ah see, look he's acting idiotic to fool the Democrats agai—— oh wait... oh my god he's actually an idiot. Oh NO."? Probably not, but man.

Sovan Jedi

Oct 30, 2017
Southampton, UK
You do kinda wonder with all this time to soak in Trump's idiocy, was there ever a point where this dude was like "Ah see, look he's acting idiotic to fool the Democrats agai—— oh wait... oh my god he's actually an idiot. Oh NO."? Probably not, but man.

Look at his tweets since then, he's completely in the deep end. He's a goddamn nutjob who believes all of this "Trump is a genius" bollocks.

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Attempting to "compromise" with republicans while accomplishing next to nothing.
Do you realize anything about politics?

Attempting to compromise, while making Trump look like a fool for himself, looks so much better than opposing absolutely everything and being unreasonable.

When one side tries to get something done, and the other side just doesn't, that looks bad.

We could very well go for Democratic Grand Standing, but with this Congress. It's not going do a single thing, and it will hurt the reputation of Democrats.

Working with Republicans, or at least the facade of working with Republicans gets a lot more results. That doesn't mean we can't push progressive ideals. But now simply isn't the time of that.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
He still thinks that way

It's going to be fascinating to see the kind of arguments that thrown out by this guy and QAnon to justify the "long game" Trump will be "playing" two years from now to "strategically lose the election" and carry out more "great work, like the Kingpin" from jail if he goes to trial and is found guilty. I guess then it will be rationales like, "Hey, we've all watched the Sopranos, the Godfather, and other organized crime movies, you know who REALLY gets things done? The guy in 'jail.'"

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
I think one of the BIGGEST things about the video is Trump says "we have caught 10 terrorists over the last very short period of time"

What a HUGE lie.

Or does anyone have a source for this??

Sir_Caffeine

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
How is it a lie? Over some indeterminate period of time, they have probably caught ten terrorists.
Yeah, as always he was very vague. Remember last night in Sweden? Dude made shit up then it actually happened days after and he still thinks he was in the right.
There's no winning. Find crimes and send him to jail. Only solution.

SemRockwel

Oct 27, 2017
This is like muhammad ali vs george foreman all over again.

I have never seen such pure an example of political rope-a-dope than today.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Seeing Trump hang himself with his own stupidity is quite cathartic.

But this tweet is a bold proclamation. Seriously, what's stopping Trump and Republicans from blaming Democrats anyway (or re-frame it as Trump's only reluctant option in the face of Dem obstruction)? It's not like they fear being fact checked by the fourth estate or have any sense of shame. I just don't see this as a checkmate when one side doesn't even acknowledge the rules of the game.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing Trump hang himself with his own stupidity is quite cathartic.

But this tweet is a bold proclamation. Seriously, what's stopping Trump and Republicans from blaming Democrats anyway (or re-frame it as Trump's only reluctant option in the face of Dem obstruction)? It's not like they fear being fact checked by the fourth estate or have any sense of shame. I just don't see this as a checkmate when one side doesn't even acknowledge the rules of the game.

To be fair, there isn't. They know there are at least 30 million Americans that will simply believe what they are told at a given time, and they'll appeal to those. Then there are the millions of other Americans less easily brainwashed, but who's primary source of information is Fox and Alt-Right websites, that won't mention this at all, so they're cushioned by the "I didn't hear it on Fox, so FAKE NEWS!" conceit.

The rest of America that still managed to hold onto critical thinking skills... Okay, they lost those guys, but since most of them are in cities, not in rural areas, maybe they're calculating that it's an acceptable loss since they're protected by the electoral college and the way it favors rural areas over urban ones. The people that NEED to know Trump is contradicting himself won't hear or believe anything that points out his flaws.

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
DuJ09e9WwAAqm-E

Nancy pelosi is a fucking badass that gets shit done!

Fucking period.

And that's the main reason why certain people wanted her gone.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pelosi and even Schumer deserve some credit here. They simply stepped out of the way and left Trump throw himself (and his entire party!) off of the cliff. It wasn't some political masterstroke but if this is what the next two years look like for the president then I'll be goddamn happy. Pelosi looked extremely reasonable, which is important to winning over the middle, and Trump&GOP will 100% own this shutdown.

The media will be apoplectic trying to find a way to blame both sides but Trump robbed them of that, I think.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
Trump is repeating the phrase "government shutdown" because his fuckwit supporters think it means he can just turn the power off on anyone governing therefore giving himself absolute power. You know, like Hitler!