• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The AP reported that Trump showed up in Atlanta today in an attempt to get black Americans to vote for him in 2020 and his campaign found black people for photo ops wearing shirts saying "Black Voices for Trump 2020," hats saying "woke," the AP even reports that there were black people wearing red hats that said "Black Lives MAGA" on them:

1000.jpeg

1000.jpeg

November 8, 2019

ATLANTA (AP) — During the 2016 campaign, candidate Donald Trump stood in front of largely white crowds and asked black voters to consider, "What the hell do you have to lose?"

Trump offered that same message Friday as he launched a black voters coalition in Atlanta, Georgia. While Trump's campaign had said his message would focus on his record and gains for black Americans under his watch, Trump instead spent most of his time demonizing Democrats and appearing to try to pit minority voters against immigrants.

"The Democrats have let you down," Trump told the crowd of several hundred supporters, including several who wore red "BLACK LIVES MAGA" hats. "They've dismissed you. They've hurt you. They've sabotaged you for far too long."

Trump spoke at the launch of a new "Black Voices for Trump" outreach initiative dedicated to "recruiting and activating Black Americans in support of President Trump," according to the campaign.

Trump predicted he would win reelection in 2020 with "a groundswell of support from hardworking African American patriots."

Such prediction have been met with skepticism from critics, however, given Trump's consistently dismal approval rating with black voters.

Shortly after landing in Georgia on Friday, Trump retweeted a call from one black supporter for submissions for a "#MAGACHALLENGE" competition featuring Trump-friendly rap songs. Trump said he would be announcing the winners and inviting them to the White House to meet with him and perform.

"I think black Americans are not the audience for these outreach efforts," said Theodore Johnson, a senior fellow at the Brennan Center for Justice who is an expert in race and politics. While Trump might be able to maintain the low level of black support he received in 2016, or perhaps expand it by 1 or 2 points, Johnson sees little evidence the president can change many minds.

"I think this is not going to move the needle at all," he said.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Not only is that audience small but most of it is white people/press.

Also I think that's the Blacks for Trump literal cult group.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of the Blacks, I was expecting Sheriff Sambo Clarke to have much more shine during this presidency.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
How long until we find out the black people were paid to be there? Cause no one of colour looks happy to be there.. and I don't count many of them to begin with lol

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The guy is right, this is performance for racists and "independents" .

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
How does this feel to black people on this board? As a white person I'm nonplussed

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this is both sad and sickening to see:

Tweets from that linked article:

We're gearing up for Black Voices for Trump in Atlanta!

Jermane Enoch, a business man from from Powder Springs, is voting for President
@realDonaldTrump
in #2020 because he knows how to get things done!

With my best half on the way to the "Black Voices for Trump" Coalition Launch in Atlanta. Georgia on Air Force One.

THE ENERGY IS HERE! You heard it first from @ygnyghtstorm: "We need to stand behind our President, stand behind our country, and stand behind each other!"

⁦REV. CL ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER OF BLACK VOICES FOR TRUMP!!! IN ATLANTA...

Ronin

Oct 25, 2017
As one of the blacks that also lives in Atlanta, I'm more annoyed at how this little stunt fucked up our already horrible traffic.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
*in an attempt to make white voters feel less guilty about voting for him

It's never been about getting the black vote

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Not black but as a proud Atlanta resident for 10+ years he can get fucked. People hate him everywhere. Should've headed north with that shit.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
*in an attempt to make white voters feel less guilty about voting for him

It's never been about getting the black vote
It is more about making sure that 10-20% less black people vote for democrats so that the repubs always win. Republicans will never stop being a racist political party unless some weird political shift happens again which I highly doubt.