• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The only people who should be scared of the antifascists are fascists. So I can see why Trump doesn't like them.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
I feel this is in part the media's fault. How many times did they make it sound like Antifa was a bunch of blood-thirsty anarchists who were only in protests just to cause property damage or burn stuff? They essentially normalized the perception that they were terrorists. And all for money.

I remember this one picture of a bunch of photographers around a single can on fire, while the rest of the protest was absolutely peaceful.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I feel this is in part the media's fault. How many times did they make it sound like Antifa was a bunch of blood-thirsty anarchists who were only in protests just to cause property damage or burn stuff? They essentially normalized the perception that they were terrorists. And all for money.

I remember this one picture of a bunch of photographers around a single can on fire, while the rest of the protest was absolutely peaceful.

Also, by constantly calling it "Antifa", which preys on stupid, uneducated people's insecurities and racism because it SOUNDS like Arabic.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
shouldn't everyone be antifa? or do people not even realize what it's short for???

regardless, i like how it's almost 3 years into his term and moderates/politicians/mainstream media are still giving this clear fascist the full benefit of doubt that he's not what he is.

it's one thing to be racist/biogted and in support of what he's doing and another to be a willfully fucking blind moron.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Antifa has no board or connective legal tissue. It's literally just regular people deciding to go against fascism. They could be anyone. If this happens, what it would basically do is put anyone expressing sympathy or solidarity with antifa, or even anti-fascist beliefs in general, on an FBI watchlist.
This is what has me kind of horrified right now. Our literal best case scenario right now is that Trump is just being idiotic and this can't work.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
Also, by constantly calling it "Antifa", which preys on stupid, uneducated people's insecurities and racism because it SOUNDS like Arabic.
TmZA5qk.gif

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left
Step 1. Left-wing counter protestors wear clothes with the word "Fascist" on them.
Step 2. Left wing protestors call the right wing protestors "Antifa".
Step 3. The cops HAVE TO arrest the "antifa" "terrorists".
Step 4. ???
Step 5. ????????

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

You have no idea how many people I've spoken to who hear "antifa" and "terrorist group" and instantly think it means "Muslim terrorists". It happens with surprising frequency, and people who don't care to do any actual research on the topic just let their racism guide them down that path.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Pftt. I can see them trying to do this in my country, actually~ For any secret security agencies reading this, I'm unambiguously Anti Fascist and honoured to be so.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

coughcoughJakeTappercoughcough

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
No. And that's the terrifying part. Trump is basically trying to make dissent against him illegal. This is a lurching leap towards full-on totalitarianism.
It's not just Trump either. There is a bill written for the senate that labels left wing activists as terrorists, one of the people behind it is Cruz. Republicans are trying to make it illegal to not support the Republican party.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Literally siding with White Supremacists instead of people opposing such vile world views. And yet... STILL people won't outright call him racist. Anyone who denies that he's racist is either lying, or they're fucking morons.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
What a fucking joke. "Organization of Terror"? Man, I woke up angry today, but it just keeps getting worse and worse.
So fucking obvious too, talking about Antifa while ignoring the white supremacy garbage.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Based on what I've seen on social media the Proud Boys can't even fight unless they have their targets outnumbered so any altercations this weekend is going make them look like the poor victims.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, no surprise there. Like usual he had to "both sides" it with his scripted "condemning" of white supremacists.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
No. And that's the terrifying part. Trump is basically trying to make dissent against him illegal. This is a lurching leap towards full-on totalitarianism.
Bingo.

Label anything and anyone who is against the totalitarian fascist regime an enemy, and you will crush your enemies.

If Americans haven't realised it yet, your democracy is falling apart and you are slowly transitioning to a fascist dictatorship.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"Now is the time to set destructive partisanship aside, so destructive, and find the courage to answer hatred with unity, devotion, and love."

What a bigoted hypocrite.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
I'm okay with this if we also apply the same label to the GOP. Where it's actually far more deserved.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Antifa technically does fall under "terrorism" as it uses violence and intimidation to achieve political goals.... but the fact he's lambast then when a white supremacist organization, one that the FBI already seems a hate group just proves the man has no interest in stopping white supremacy, or terrorism. He just wants to silence anyone who is opposed to him.

This is just another message to hate groups that he has their back and believes they are the good guys. Super problematic considering we just had another Trump inspired white supremacist attack in Texas.

Edit: and yeah antifa has killed 0 people ever compared to white supremacists which has actually killed people in the past month.so the equivalency of this is more akin to Yall Qaeda (those cattle rancher dudes in Oregon?) to Al Qaeda.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
straight from the dictator playbook call a group you don't like a terror group and all of a sudden you dont have to explain when you throw them in jail.

Last edited:

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Bingo.

Label anything and anyone who is against the totalitarian fascist regime an enemy, and you will crush your enemies.

If Americans haven't realised it yet, your democracy is falling apart and you are slowly transitioning to a fascist dictatorship.

One of my favorite videogame intros has always been Medal of Honor: Underground

"Our leaders appeased the growing evil instead of fighting it"
"There was something terrible brewing with our old enemy, and no one was able to fight it. The world was about to find out what happens when an entire nation is swept by madness."

"What would you do? Surrender? Collaborate? Or resist"

Let's just say as the years has gone by, I've been thinking back to this intro with some renewed thoughts, ones I didn't have at the time when I first played and thought "that could never happen here lol".