• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty telling of where he wants the US to go when he labels anti fascist as a threat to his nation.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty telling of where he wants the US to go when he labels anti fascist as a threat to his nation.

I am frequently reminded in this climate that Germany is not only a historical example to look at, but almost a blueprint that time is repeating for us, in real time. Criticism towards the extreme form of conservative government is being seen as a threat to public wellbeing. Make dissent against a particular type of government and its tyrannical wishes one that is seen as particularly "hostile" and akin to a terrorist organization.

He's not alone in this, for Ted Cruz proposed a bill that aims to do the same thing, complete with the wiggle room that people even argued to be affiliated with Anifa are as much a danger too. You can connect anything with them if they're anti-fascist, anti-racist, and anti-Trump, which is the point.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His plan is to muddy the waters about his own supporters who are committing literal acts of terror in his name. As I keep saying, he goes to work each day with nobody around him who got him there and goes "...what am I supposed to be doing right now? How can I keep in the news? I'll.... buy Greenland? I'll... designate a Antifa a terrorist organization? Please, somebody tell me what I'm supposed to do right now..."

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am frequently reminded in this climate that Germany is not only a historical example to look at, but almost a blueprint that time is repeating for us, in real time. Criticism towards the extreme form of conservative government is being seen as a threat to public wellbeing. Make dissent against a particular type of government and its tyrannical wishes one that is seen as particularly "hostile" and akin to a terrorist organization.

He's not alone in this, for Ted Cruz proposed a bill that aims to do the same thing, complete with the wiggle room that people even argued to be affiliated with Anifa are as much a danger too. You can connect anything with them if they're anti-fascist, anti-racist, and anti-Trump, which is the point.

It's really damn scary to watch happen in real time. Everyone I talk to thinks it's not an issue and the problem will go away when he does but it wont.

To anyone interested in an example of how fascism consumes a progressive nation I highly recommend watching "How societies turn cruel" by Three Arrows.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's really damn scary to watch happen in real time. Everyone I talk to thinks it's not an issue and the problem will go away when he does but it wont.

To anyone interested in an example of how fascism consumes a progressive nation I highly recommend watching "How societies turn cruel" by Three Arrows.

Is Sargon of Akkad a guest in this video or is it about him? Because I find it hard to believe that Sargon has anything meaningful to say about fascism that isn't "isn't it awesome".

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is Sargon of Akkad a guest in this video or is it about him? Because I find it hard to believe that Sargon has anything meaningful to say about fascism that isn't "isn't it awesome".

It's a "counter argument" to the crap Sargon usually spews on his channel. It just uses his outrage at the criticism of the border camps as an example of how the extreme views are escalating. As they have in Germany post WW1 with their views on immigrants.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty commonplace in societies with far right wing power to have these paramilitary organizations do this type of shit. Imperial Japan also had the same right wing terror issue that would drape themselves in the country's flags and not get properly punished.

I think society collectively forgot how these things proliferate because no one ever lived through these movements to learn what is currently going on

roboleon

random guy on the internet
Oct 26, 2017
a fascist hating on the anti-fascists, who would have seen that coming

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
It's pretty commonplace in societies with far right wing power to have these paramilitary organizations do this type of shit. Imperial Japan also had the same right wing terror issue that would drape themselves in the country's flags and not get properly punished.

I think society collectively forgot how these things proliferate because no one ever lived through these movements to learn what is currently going on
I always wondered how on Earth people could have let Hitler "happen". The terrible truth is that a large chunk of the human population are ignorant, hateful, easily manipulated and cruel.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always wondered how on Earth people could have let Hitler "happen". The terrible truth is that a large chunk of the human population are ignorant, hateful, easily manipulated and cruel.
Even those people had the ignorance of history on their side. We've already seen this shit happen before, which shows how willfully ignorant people are.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
A few people got milkshakes thrown at them and a few nazis got punched and people just went wild with their imagination and now we're here. Americans really need to stop trying to make anti-fascism illegal.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Wow he just keeps getting more and more blatant with this shit. Not even trying to hide it anymore.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Dear USA, kicking Hitler's ass was anti fascism, do you really want to un-win WW2?

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
pAbvSjx.png

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
This is genuinely terrifying. Even the very notion, the remote discussion, of the United States federal government taking steps to label people who are opposed to fascism as terrorists, let alone in the midst of genuine, regularly occurring terror attacks from far-right, white nationalist terrorists with zero action being taken.

This shit happens in steps, and a step has been taken today.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
How many people have been maimed or killed by Antifa vs. how many have been maimed or killed by Trump supporters?

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To bad it's not an organization. There's no president, not local chapters, no nothing. Just a bunch of people who decide to protest fascism when it shows up. If anything they should be labeled a hero organization. But then again, it's not an organization like say the Proud Boys, the KKK, and the hundreds of other white nationalist racist organizations in the US today that actually promote domestic terror.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be interesting to see the doctored figures on Fox News claiming Antifa has claimed thousands of lives. I think they pretty much HAVE to make up fake news for this at this point, because if you cite Antifa as a terrorist organization and admit they have zero casualties, I think even conservatives might question that logic.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
So..
Antifa = terrorist
Juggalos = gang
KKK = just a friendly get together
White Nationalist = shrug

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
I've had enough. The battle lines have been drawn and the coded language and dog whistles have given way to explicit and overt taking of sides.

It's on all you Americans now. Fix it. Politically if possible, but other measures are in play if required.

Enough talk. Enough "woe is me". Yes we study history to make sure the mistakes of the past aren't repeated, but it counts for nothing if you observe the signs and don't head it off at the pass.

Fucking fix it.