• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I've tried to take a break from Trump threads, but this one is just...I'm exasperated.

@realDonaldTrumpElizabeth Warren, sometimes referred to by me as Pocahontas, joined the race for President. Will she run as our first Native American presidential candidate, or has she decided that after 32 years, this is not playing so well anymore? See you on the campaign TRAIL, Liz!

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Of course. I'm somewhat surprised that he even knows what the trail of tears is, though. Actually, kinda 50/50. Both seems like something he'd support and something he'd like to ignore ever happened, cause MURICA.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Most normal people would be like "Well, she did...so if I...but that will sound like...nevermind..."

He only makes it to the second step.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Of course. I'm somewhat surprised that he even knows what the trail of tears is, though. Actually, kinda 50/50. Both seems like something he'd support and something he'd like to ignore ever happened, cause MURICA.

Republicans are trying to pass it off like Trump is too stupid to know about the Trail of Tears.

@brithume Yes, because Trump is noted for his knowledge of 19th century American history vis a vis the native population. Jeez.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't he recently make a Wounded Knee tweet recently? He knows what he's doing.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
My reaction upon the title: Eh, people have probably capitalized the word 'trail' themselves to sensationalize the tweet. He probably doesn't even know what the trail of tears is.

My reaction upon seeing the actual tweet: For fucks sake. How low can he possibly go?

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Trail of Tears background for anyone wondering why this is in such shitty taste.
AP_17331735290523.jpg

He thinks he's so fucking clever. This is essentially him winking at his deplorables.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He knows what he's doing. He awarded Native American WWII vets in a ceremony held in front of a portrait of Andrew Jackson.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Why would it shock anyone if he was referring to an Indian Trail in a derogatory way? Of course it's wrong. Even if he wasn't referring to the actual Trail of Tears, and just a stereotypical use of trail referring to Native American trade routes, it's still wrong. And he doesn't care. And it's not even shocking to me anymore. I just expect him to say awful shit.

I mean shit - he STILL doesn't have a problem using Pocahontas as a slur.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017

uh

click to see the whole image here because it's a doozy

Last edited:

Hinkypunk

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Why would it shock anyone if he was referring to an Indian Trail in a derogatory way? Of course it's wrong. Even if he wasn't referring to the actual Trail of Tears, and just a stereotypical use of trail referring to Native American trade routes, it's still wrong. And he doesn't care. And it's not even shocking to me anymore. I just expect him to say awful shit.

I mean shit - he STILL doesn't have a problem using Pocahontas as a slur.
Yup.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
She's going to have to deal with that her entire campaign.

I just hope it doesn't distract people from better candidates and important issues.

Oct 27, 2017
He know exactly what he is saying.

Fuck this piece of shit human garbage.

Fucker really deserves no mercy when the time comes.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
A president who calls himself a nationalist saying racist things? No way.

Mr. "Very fine people on both sides" couldn't possibly mean that.

bluepolicebox

Oct 27, 2017
Most people ignore us completely but Trump is an equal opportunity racist who goes out of his way to make death march jokes to make sure the Native population is included in his rampant hate.

And you can still find people willing to give him a pass for genocide jokes. Must be nice to look at the tweet and feel something other than despair and anger.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
HOW? HOW ARE PEOPLE GIVING THIS SHITSTAIN AN OUT FOR THIS?!

The "out" is that he's too ignorant and stupid to craft a clever pun, no matter how inappropriate and offensive it may be.

Trump has accidentally tied-in inappropriate references to his childish banter his entire political career. And usually, it takes one of his advisers or staffers to explain it to him. At which time, Trump doesn't care to clarify anything because he thinks his base likes it and he pats himself on the back for being unwittingly clever, even though he himself made no connection to it.

This is his entire professional life in a nutshell.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Trump probably thinks The Trail of Tears is just the name of a Western he fell asleep during as a kid.

My pet peeve about Trump is people dismissing a lot of his shit because he's too stupid to mean or do the real thing.

He has a long history of being a racist piece of shit and he's surrounded by other racists who can fill in the gaps for him if need be.