• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
People actually claiming Trump doesn't know what the Trail of Tears was? It was just happenstance that he capitalized "TRAIL" in a tweet in which he was mocking a woman who has claimed in the past to have American Indian ancestry? These people are either really transparent or incredibly stupid.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
People actually claiming Trump doesn't know what the Trail of Tears was? It was just happenstance that he capitalized "TRAIL" in a tweet in which he was mocking a woman who has claimed in the past to have American Indian ancestry? These people are either really transparent or incredibly stupid.
Tell me about it.

This shit is so transparent.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Normally I'd agree, but he's a giant Andrew Jackson fan, so it would make sense he knows this. And thinking it's a funny thing to joke about fits his worldview perfectly.

Why of course the worst president in current history and at this point I'd say all of American history would admire the president I used to think was the worst one.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I remember Trump attacking Obama relentlessly when he was president. Asking for his college grades or American citizenship papers. His racism has been transparent since then.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Native American here.

I've read a LOT of awful things he's said and done regarding us.

He can and should shut the hell up and sit on a cactus for good measure. What a racist bigot.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
But no, let's have a bunch of lame excuses from people running defense for trump in here.
Eh, let them. "He's not racist, he's just ignorant!" isn't any better look for a President. He's unfit for office either way.

And he's not just simply ignorant, he's willfully so on a scale that I'm not sure has ever been so thoroughly documented before this. 8000+ documented "untruths" in formal/official remarks to the country and the world in his first two years in office. He has been warned and rebuked for this shit enough times that if he actually cared about the criticism, he would have long since done something about it.

So, yeah, go right ahead and point out ONCE AGAIN for the umpteenth time since the last day ending in 'y' that he's an enormously ignorant, intellectually bankrupt cretin. But not a racist cretin. Honestly, I think it'll end up playing worse with the "But mah tax returns!" crowd anyway.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
The USA won't recover from this embarrassment in our lifetimes

Lets be honest, all we lost is the thin veil of plausible deniability that a certain set of folks desperately want to hide behind. They want to wink and nod again and they want their dog whistles back. You got folks like Mr. Hume trying to throw that veil back up every time Trump pulls a Trump and says the quiet part loud and the loud part quiet. Trump doesn't know a lot of shit from history for sure, but he strangely is quite familiar with flaming racists like Andrew Jackson and their exploits of all people.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Trump fans "He's not racist. Prove his racist".. Christ....
* "Pocahontas" comments
* "Trail" comment
* "Bad Hombres"
* "Good people on both sides"
* Favourite president was a huge slave owner and ran cotton fields,, symbol of racism.
* Avoided renting apartments to African-Americans in the 70s.
* Tried to refuse all Muslims entry into America.
* Claims Obama wasn't even American
* Demeans black athletes
* Surrounds himself with racists such as Steve Bannon, & Roy Moore.

If you question whether Trump is racist, you are either a racist, defending a racist, or an idiot.

Don't forget that he once retweeted this image during the campaign:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...mp/trump-tweet-blacks-white-homicide-victims/

F-Vvag7xPOFj81AxWrRYIcgWkxfI-XcskVw50Dw5lXTAYv8B5Agb3K1qcUbEFFIAsmss2-GyZCorvd0rguxRcKRLHisVxz5ISq6ZqWIBmanhvr_MW8aFzf18GKfH19h0adcE8Pvc

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These shithead nazi's are so bad at 'hiding their power level' but then again their shithead nazi supporters like that.

Centrists also staying as worthless as ever jfc. At this point in 2019 I doubt many of them are genuine and are infact just 'hiding their power level'. Always with the interference running.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
Jeeeesus.... I listed evidence of Trump's racism quickly from the top of my head, and people reminded me of more...and more.....and more........It's just.......The list goes on......... Anybody who defends this guy can get fucked. He is racist. Fact.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The USA won't recover from this embarrassment in our lifetimes

Yes they will. Easily. That's part of the resiliency of the USA. He superficially VERY embarrassing, but as far as policy goes, he's just a normal Republican doing normal Republican stuff for the most part. If you thought things were 'good' with Obama, you should know that George W. Bush was 10x as bad and humiliating as Trump. The way he misled our nation will affect Americans for generations and countless more will have died as a result. Trump is too lazy to do anything all that effective. He farms out work and defers to others for leadership. So, what's his big policy win? A tax cut. One that would have happened with virtually any Republican.

And might I add, Bush was more humiliating in the superficial sense, as well. Trump is embarrassing because he acts like an idiot. Bush was an idiot trying to act like he's smart. It was WAY worse. Although, on the other hand, I believe in my heart Bush wasn't a strong racist like Trump. He did whatever racists told him to do, though.

New president comes in and apologizes to NATO allies and we're back to square one. same old story.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
Interestingly, Sky News in the UK covers this story, but talks about the "Pocahontas" comment, yet makes no mention of the "TRAIL" comment. Almost as if it went completely over their heads.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Meh...I really don't get why people continue to give his Twitter free promotion. Learned nothing from 2016.

His shtick is old and he's been saying the same garbage for years...move on. Get behind a candidate and spend your time promoting them and their views instead of the opposition. Everyone knows Trump sucks. It's time to start explaining why other people don't.

Elizabeth Warren's page, if you actually care about the person being attacked.

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
People acting like an American needs special knowledge to know what the Trail of Tears is, holy shit.

How about, he's a racist piece of shit and all of his supporters, including his own son, seem to be crystal clear on what he meant.

Or do we need another two years of Trump for some of you to get it right?

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes they will. Easily. That's part of the resiliency of the USA. He superficially VERY embarrassing, but as far as policy goes, he's just a normal Republican doing normal Republican stuff for the most part. If you thought things were 'good' with Obama, you should know that George W. Bush was 10x as bad and humiliating as Trump. The way he misled our nation will affect Americans for generations and countless more will have died as a result. Trump is too lazy to do anything all that effective. He farms out work and defers to others for leadership. So, what's his big policy win? A tax cut. One that would have happened with virtually any Republican.

And might I add, Bush was more humiliating in the superficial sense, as well. Trump is embarrassing because he acts like an idiot. Bush was an idiot trying to act like he's smart. It was WAY worse. Although, on the other hand, I believe in my heart Bush wasn't a strong racist like Trump. He did whatever racists told him to do, though.

New president comes in and apologizes to NATO allies and we're back to square one. same old story.

You're talking about the substantive things that are the same as ever, but that's not all that matters.

I think it's worth something when they at least pretend to be decent and honorable. The idea that fundamental decency matters has value even if not everyone practices it. It feels like that was the last thing we had and with Trump they've thrown it out the window. No one's even pretending that things matter anymore, and to me it's really ugly -- and I don't know yet what the consequences will end up being

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Go donate to Elizabeth Warren if you feel like she deserves better.

Instead of being outraged over Twitter comments, there's always better things you can do with your time. We're all on the same team and it's time to start acting like it.
This is a discussion board and we're discussing things the president of the U.S. Is saying. Why are you assuming because we are here we aren't doing anything else to rectify the situation?

Not discussing dumb shit Trump says isn't going to help anything.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're talking about the substantive things that are the same as ever, but that's not all that matters.

I think it's worth something when they at least pretend to be decent and honorable. The idea that fundamental decency matters has value even if not everyone practices it. It feels like that was the last thing we had and with Trump they've thrown it out the window. No one's even pretending that things matter anymore, and to me it's really ugly -- and I don't know yet what the consequences will end up being

Honestly, I think the crude behavior will more than likely be looked at in history books as something that helped him get elected against a controversial opponent, but will ultimately be something that will be seen as having rendered him ineffectual as a President. I think Republicans will look back on his presidency and go "He could have been a lot better if he had grown up and tried to be more dignified." They'll use this to avoid having to confront their policies. But, I don't think this is the new normal moving forward. I think this behavior is his own worst enemy.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Don Jr translation "daddy daddy love me love me...I'm better than sis at the social media thingy!" horrible people

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal

Instead of being outraged over Twitter comments, there's always better things you can do with your time. We're all on the same team and it's time to start acting like it.
Trump is wrong for his racist comments but that does not mean that Warren should be the chosen Dem nominee of choice.
Warren could have put this to rest but she put it up front and centre with the stupid DNA test that was REFRESH button to bring all this shit up to the surface again.

Warren lacked political strategic tact on this matter and does not deserve to nomination based on her lack of strategic tack.

When shit sticks to a candidate and their are unable to get it off, that's is when you know they got John Kerry-ed and are basically over.

Warren is NOT THE VICTIM here, the hundreds of thousands of Natives who were killed, assimilated, displaced and discriminated against are the real victims.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Warren is not my first choice so, no, I won't be donating. Your post is silly.

It's possible to discuss things that the president tweets while also supporting a Democratic candidate. If you don't care about his tweets, you don't have to be in threads about it.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Transcript: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1902/10/sotu.01.html
TAPPER: I want you to take a look at something the president tweeted last night.
He wrote -- quote -- "Today, Elizabeth Warren, sometimes referred to by me as Pocahontas, joined the race for president. Will she run as our first Native American presidential candidate, or has she decided that, after 32 years, this is not playing so well anymore? See you on the campaign TRAIL, Liz."
The word trail in all-caps, an apparent reference to the tragedy the Trail of Tears. Just a few weeks ago, the president also made a reference to Wounded Knee in a joking manner when talking about Elizabeth Warren.
You represent thousands of Native Americans in Wyoming. Do you concerns about the president joking about these horrific tragedies?
CHENEY: You know, I have concerns about somebody like Elizabeth Warren -- Warren pretending to be a Native American.
You're absolutely right. I do represent thousands of Native Americans here in Wyoming. And the notion that anybody of any political party would pretend that they were a member of a tribe or would pretend that they were Native American and would do it, as she seemed to have done it, in order to get benefits, that is, in my view, the disgrace.
And so I think she's made herself a laughingstock. You -- I -- I wonder whether or not anybody around her is saying, you know, it's -- it's time to say this just isn't going to work, because I think, at this point, each time she sort of tries to take one more step to show that she wasn't claiming membership in a tribe or claiming that she was a Native American in order to get benefits, we see that it wasn't true.
TAPPER: So, I -- I hear what you're saying about Elizabeth Warren, but what about the language that the president uses and the joking references to genocide against Native Americans?
CHENEY: Look, Elizabeth Warren has made herself a laughingstock. And I don't think anybody should be surprised that that's been the reaction to -- to her and to her continued claims.
And we saw just last week that she -- she said she was a Native American on her application for membership in at least one state bar association. You know, one wonders whether or not that's grounds for disbarment. If you misrepresent yourself on your application to the bar, I would say it probably is grounds for disbarment.
So she -- she's made herself a laughingstock. I think the longer that she's out there, the more that people are going to be talking about this. And -- and it's just -- it's clear that, you know, she's somebody who can't be trusted.
TAPPER: OK, so no comment on what the president had to say.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Transcript: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1902/10/sotu.01.html
TAPPER: I want you to take a look at something the president tweeted last night.
He wrote -- quote -- "Today, Elizabeth Warren, sometimes referred to by me as Pocahontas, joined the race for president. Will she run as our first Native American presidential candidate, or has she decided that, after 32 years, this is not playing so well anymore? See you on the campaign TRAIL, Liz."
The word trail in all-caps, an apparent reference to the tragedy the Trail of Tears. Just a few weeks ago, the president also made a reference to Wounded Knee in a joking manner when talking about Elizabeth Warren.
You represent thousands of Native Americans in Wyoming. Do you concerns about the president joking about these horrific tragedies?
CHENEY: You know, I have concerns about somebody like Elizabeth Warren -- Warren pretending to be a Native American.
You're absolutely right. I do represent thousands of Native Americans here in Wyoming. And the notion that anybody of any political party would pretend that they were a member of a tribe or would pretend that they were Native American and would do it, as she seemed to have done it, in order to get benefits, that is, in my view, the disgrace.
And so I think she's made herself a laughingstock. You -- I -- I wonder whether or not anybody around her is saying, you know, it's -- it's time to say this just isn't going to work, because I think, at this point, each time she sort of tries to take one more step to show that she wasn't claiming membership in a tribe or claiming that she was a Native American in order to get benefits, we see that it wasn't true.
TAPPER: So, I -- I hear what you're saying about Elizabeth Warren, but what about the language that the president uses and the joking references to genocide against Native Americans?
CHENEY: Look, Elizabeth Warren has made herself a laughingstock. And I don't think anybody should be surprised that that's been the reaction to -- to her and to her continued claims.
And we saw just last week that she -- she said she was a Native American on her application for membership in at least one state bar association. You know, one wonders whether or not that's grounds for disbarment. If you misrepresent yourself on your application to the bar, I would say it probably is grounds for disbarment.
So she -- she's made herself a laughingstock. I think the longer that she's out there, the more that people are going to be talking about this. And -- and it's just -- it's clear that, you know, she's somebody who can't be trusted.
TAPPER: OK, so no comment on what the president had to say.

She is a republican. What do you expect her to say when faced with questions that would cast doubts on her loyalty to the party if she were to respond the way you or I want her to. Remember, it is money first, party second and country last.

Edit: FWIW, I don't even know if these people can sort right from wrong anymore. Republicans have become more or less unified since Trump took office and as such, I say almost equally guilty of harbouring trash attitude and enabling trash policies.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Meh...I really don't get why people continue to give his Twitter free promotion. Learned nothing from 2016.

His shtick is old and he's been saying the same garbage for years...move on. Get behind a candidate and spend your time promoting them and their views instead of the opposition. Everyone knows Trump sucks. It's time to start explaining why other people don't.

Elizabeth Warren's page, if you actually care about the person being attacked.
His Twitter account represents official communication from the Office of the President of the United States at this point. This isn't about free promotion. This is about the the things our president is saying ON BEHALF OF THIS COUNTRY. There isn't any reason why we shouldn't hold him fully accountable for this shit. Everyone does NOT know Trump sucks, and it may very well take a whole mass of shitty tweets to reach a critical tipping point for some people to realize their mistake.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User banned:(3 days) Thread whining after warning, dismissing racism and derailing.
His Twitter account represents official communication from the Office of the President of the United States at this point. This isn't about free promotion. This is about the the things our president is saying ON BEHALF OF THIS COUNTRY. There isn't any reason why we shouldn't hold him fully accountable for this shit. Everyone does NOT know Trump sucks, and it may very well take a whole mass of shitty tweets to reach a critical tipping point for some people to realize their mistake.

Preaching to the choir. I'm just over it. I don't think he cares that people talk and tweet back at him saying that he's wrong. He knows what he's doing. People just like to feed into it.

What is the point you're trying to make with this response?

Feeling is mutual.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Preaching to the choir. I'm just over it. I don't think he cares that people talk and tweet back at him saying that he's wrong. He knows what he's doing. People just like to feed into it.

Feeling is mutual.
What are you even doing in this thread. Some people don't have the luxury of being "over it".

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Trump was incredibly racist against Native Americans even before senility turned him into the Super Saiyan of Racist Grandpas.

Almost certainly because he couldn't stand the fact they were allowed to compete with him in the casino business, because he really is that simple-minded and petty.