• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
While speaking to a crowd gathered at the Southern New Hampshire University Arena in Manchester, Trump was interrupted by a handful of protesters seated near the rafters.

[...]

During the commotion, however, it seems the president mistook his supporter for one of the protesters and began insulting him on his looks, calling out, "That guy's got a serious weight problem. Go home. Start exercising. Get him out of here, please."

"Got a bigger problem than I do, got a bigger problem than all of us," Trump added.

The broad-shouldered man in question was later identified as Frank Dawson, a former police officer, Navy veteran and avid Trump fan.

Here is the heart-warming ending:
"He didn't see me rip the signs away from those three people sitting near us," Dawson told Fox News after the mixup. "I think he thought I was part of it but I wasn't — I was the good part of it."

"Everything's good. I love the guy," he said. "He's the best thing that ever happened to this country."

Later that night, the president called Dawson and left him a voicemail on his way to New Jersey aboard Air Force One, a White House official told ABC News.

Dawson confirmed the call to the outlet, saying Trump thanked him for his support and for his attendance at the rally in his message.

However, when asked if the president said he was sorry for the negative body comments, Dawson said, "No, why would he apologize?"

The last line really brings it home for me.

Mock my weight if old.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...rters-weight-at-new-hampshire-rally/23794936/
https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...diculed-at-rally-does-not-apologize/23795043/

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Still cannot get over the idea of looking at and listening to that cunt and thinking anything but 'oh Jesus Christ what is it'.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Aw, what a heartwarming tale of mistaken identity! Really makes you feel good, on the inside and out!

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
This is a non-story. He personally called the man he mocked explaining that the person he mocked wasn't actually him, so therefore the call he was currently placing shouldn't have happened in the first place. Ok my mind just broke.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I feel like we should start thinking of Trumpers as abused spouses/partners that will any injury he causes, including ones done to them.

Maybe that puts them in an overly sympathetic light, but if you look at Trump's relationship to his follows as how an abuser justifies himself to his victims, the parallels are staggering.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Why are conservatives always so focused on being Alpha, and yet at the same time act like they are the abused party in an abusive relationship?

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
It still absolutely fucking confuses me why trump supporters treat him like a fucking cult leader. Like they feel good that they would take an insult to the face without standing up for themselves. What the actual fuck is wrong with these people?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"Honestly, I am fat and I do deserve to lose more weight. I apologize my large body offended him. That was my mistake."

... Again, I can only imagine a world where Obama said this to someone and how conservatives would react.

Oct 27, 2017
2019-08-16T160902Z_1_LYNXNPEF7F1CG_RTROPTP_3_USA-TRUMP.JPG

...that's the guy he fat shamed? Trump's obese himself, so him pointing fingers at anyone is ironic enough, but this is bizarre

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
I can't imagine being a private citizen and being called out by the fuckin president of the United States for being fat!! We are in a different time line.

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, I feel like we should start thinking of Trumpers as abused spouses/partners that will any injury he causes, including ones done to them.

Maybe that puts them in an overly sympathetic light, but if you look at Trump's relationship to his follows as how an abuser justifies himself to his victims, the parallels are staggering.

Eh, at some point the pain leaks into others lives and you have to put the hammer down on them. That point with Trump and his cult was a few years ago.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck. This is why people say Trump supporters are beyond helpless.

Whether the man was a supporter OR a protestor not, the president of the United States shouldn't be attacking them.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT

Trump told the man it was the president calling, that he wasn't talking about him when he fat-shamed someone, and thanked him for support, per Trump aides. https://twitter.com/philiprucker/status/1162369891388837888 …

11:04 AM - Aug 16, 2019

Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins

Correction: Trump did not apologize, a White House official tells me. He phoned the supporter, left him a message thanking him for his support, but did not use the words "sorry" or "apologize." https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1162373609698004994 …

12:10 PM - Aug 16, 2019

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, getting told you're fat and ugly by Trump is probably like getting a handshake from any other president. His supporters love him because he's a giant piece of shit.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Of course he's not mad. According to these fools that's how a president is supposed to act.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
There's literally a group for nearly everything and these are the type of supporters that gravitate to him. They are hopeless and I wouldn't bother to reason with them.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"He's the best thing that ever happened to this country."

best thing that ever happened to this country

America has a serious fucking issue on their hands.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
"Best thing that ever happened to this county".

These rabid supporters of his may have set a new World Record for lowest standards expected of a President of the United States.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna start calling trump supporters fat now since we shouldn't apologize for saying things how they are. They should feel blessed, honestly. Who knows, maybe I'll even become a cult leader in the process.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User warned: derogatory language
Definitely one of the 45% who don't change their underwear every day.

Looks like a mongoloid slob. Trump could take a shit in his mouth and he'd probably gobble it up.