• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
WASHINGTON (AP) — The acting director of Citizenship and Immigration Services says the inscription on the Statue of Liberty welcoming immigrants into the country is about "people coming from Europe."

Ken Cuccinelli (koo-chih-NEHL'-ee) said Tuesday on CNN that the poem referred to Europeans coming from "class-based societies where people were considered wretched if they weren't in the right class."

His comment came a day after the Trump administration announced it would seek to deny green cards to migrants who use public assistance.

Cuccinelli was asked earlier Tuesday on NPR whether the words "give me your tired, your poor" were part of the American ethos. Cuccinelli responded: "They certainly are. Give me your tired and your poor who can stand on their own two feet and who will not become a public charge."

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
There we go. Someone on the earlier thread called this out. What a bunch of deplorable racist assholes in this administration.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Dog whistles begone, we using train sirens now.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
even if it did it was because fucks of his brain persuasion were racist against the irish and the greeks and whoever the fuck at the time too, so

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
So, only NA/Canada (Australia) and Europe exist I guess. No South America, Africa or Asia.

'Interesting' perspective.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I'm pretty sure we're all clear that Cucinelli's ability to interpret is non-existent.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just fuck off

shit, when my family came from europe way back when america told them to fuck off and turned their boat around. luckily it went to cuba instead of back to europe

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I've been working on a poem of my own. Let me know if you guys like it.

Roses are red

Violets are blue

E A T

S H I T

Y O U

F U C K I N G

N A Z I S

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Man I wish we all had a little Hong Kong in us.. these people are trying to set us back by force

Oct 27, 2017
even if it did it was because fucks of his brain persuasion were racist against the irish and the greeks and whoever the fuck at the time too, so

Cuccinelli would definately be one of those swarthy-type names given a sideways look at Ellis Island.

This will be the party line within a week. The GOP is full steam ahead on Blood and Soil while they scream Antifa are the real fascists.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Let's be fair here. America is 100% built on racism. Freedom and liberty were not even considered for non-white people until VERY recently, and it's still very up in the air. And if that's the argument being made, it's not incorrect, but is that really the legacy you're still striving for? Is that really all it's ever going to be?

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
The Trump Administration : we're not even going to try to hide it anymore, too much work

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
In true Trump fashion, Cuccinelli is doubling down on the absolute worst of the rhetoric.

Remember this when it's time to vote: all it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just so that it wasn't clear the first time... he just doubled down on it!

Rich white folks only!

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Cucinelli himself is from Italian descent right? They even use Catholics as an example fascists were against in that era in this anti-fascist video the government made. They accused them of being papists.

They were going through the same shit other minorities are going through today.

Yep, remember dems were worried about Kennedy not winning because of anti Catholic bigotry in the 60s too.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Back when the Irish and Italians first came over it didn't apply to them too...
I learned something interesting the other day, know how the irish and itatian policemen became a trope? They came here with nothing and were treated like shit, alot of them ended up on the police force cracking black people's heads and earned their way into whiteness

Feb 16, 2018
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

world-wide welcome...