WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
da6441bd-bb30-4381-979a-698043b65c8c.jpg

Cohen reading emails and transcripts while Trump is sleeping in the background.
I may frame this and put it in my office.

turtle553

Oct 25, 2017
As an aside, nothing screams "we need stricter banking regulations as soon as possible" than that first email. I'd be livid having to do what Farro was asked without some kind of requirement to justify it. Gotta think they're just like, yep this is for something illegal.

I think the banker testified that it wasn't uncommon for people to have checks without addresses. I could see someone who runs a business out of their house not wanting their home address being known.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
All these fuckin people are rubes. Trump deserved to have this come out and wreck his chances of winning and they were all discussing ways to keep it from happening.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
I think the banker testified that it wasn't uncommon for people to have checks without addresses. I could see someone who runs a business out of their house not wanting their home address being known.
It's more the urgency of the request coupled with that which would pique my concern.

You technically can write checks without the address on them, just as long there's a bank routing number and account number.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1790091315742482529
Now we're getting to it. Cohen opened the account on 10/26 and immediately requested a transfer, all while having conversations with Trump to approve the transfer.

There are going to be some amazing mental gymnastics going on today, as MAGA supporters insist, "Trump was saying yes to SOMETHING ELSE, he didn't know he was approving a hush money transfer! This is just proof that Cohen is an even bigger rogue than we all expected, acting on his own like this!

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
There are going to be some amazing mental gymnastics going on today, as MAGA supporters insist, "Trump was saying yes to SOMETHING ELSE, he didn't know he was approving a hush money transfer! This is just proof that Cohen is an even bigger rogue than we all expected, acting on his own like this!

Its interesting to see how little the MAGA/conservative spaces I pop into are talking about the trial. They're all but ignoring to instead rage on about campus protests and Israeal.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Its interesting to see how little the MAGA/conservative spaces I pop into are talking about the trial. They're all but ignoring to instead rage on about campus protests and Israeal.

I mean, we're at the point where they have to start saying the Bible is a liberal conspiracy, and anyone that cheats on their wife is a God-Fearing, Freedom Loving Patriot, and that only Godless heathens that hate the Messiah would follow the 10 commandments.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Seems like he brought the receipts today.
The way they're presenting this is near perfect. Before nearly every question, Cohen is shown a piece of evidence. All he's offering is context.

I think the misdemeanor charge of falsifying documents is almost an assured conviction. The only question at this point is whether they elevate it to a felony.

assuming no juror fuckery, that is

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
So far it has been a very workmanlike chunk of testimony. But we've yet to see what happens on cross.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Wild that Republicans are still prostrating before the guy that lost his last election, has his endorsements losing a lot and is a Russian asset. AND they happily block the justice system on his behalf.

Fuck all of them.

And fuck his voters. The world can't take more of his anti-climate legislation and destroying international treaties. I hope this is enough to torpedo his campaign - would be some kind of justice after ot did NOT torpedo his 2016 campaign and made everyone worse off for it.

Nov 2, 2019
All these Senators and Reps and potential VP and cabinet picks showing up more and more is 1. A sign that his legal team must have told him it's not looking good, because 2. This is pure jury/witness intimidation. "If you help convict, you better not hope I win in November because I'll have the full force of the federal government behind my back. Half of it is already behind me right now physically!"

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
One of the things that I hope the prosecution hammers home in closing arguments is that the payments made to Cohen were allegedly for legal services. Yet, they haven't provided any evidence of what those legal services were. Retainer agreement? Sure, but show it to them. What did Cohen do for the president in these 12 months? And when Cohen is saying that this is what the money was actually for, it's not a claim they have any way of backing up without wholesale making up a whole slew of documents (which I think this set of Trump lawyers will not do).

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
One of the things that I hope the prosecution hammers home in closing arguments is that the payments made to Cohen were allegedly for legal services. Yet, they haven't provided any evidence of what those legal services were. Retainer agreement? Sure, but show it to them. What did Cohen do for the president in these 12 months? And when Cohen is saying that this is what the money was actually for, it's not a claim they have any way of backing up without wholesale making up a whole slew of documents (which I think this set of Trump lawyers will not do).

Seems like they are doing that right now.

View: https://twitter.com/AnnaBower/status/1790379375667372151

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
The threads are all being tied together by Cohen. And frankly, I'm impressed with how well he seems to be handling himself in court. No emotion, just facts.

The lack of emotion HAS to be pissing Trump off. Each thread that gets completed, that's another felony that he's going to get hammered with.