FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
I probably just seen the same CNN clip where they're stating that Cohan admitting to stealing $30k from Trump is the case falling apart for the prosecution.
That's a bad legal take from CNN then. Because it misses the point that the money was never for legal services as part of a retainer agreement, which is what Blanche has been asking this guy for days.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Will it :/? Is that really crossed line for his supporters?
I mean for his supporters there's no line for him to cross, no matter what he does. But for independent/swing voters or soft GOP? Yeah that would be enough to either push them towards Biden (independents), or towards not voting at all (in the case of soft GOP voters).

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Is there a better news source on cable? This is a serious question btw, I haven't had cable in over a decade. All my news comes from various places on the Internet. I'm just genuinely curious.

If you're gonna watch cable news I'd go with MSNBC's evening lineup. A million times less screaming and yelling at each other than the bullshit on CNN. We only watch Rachel Maddow anymore because I actually think she's well informed and her long piece stories are fantastic.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Also to add onto the news network talk, CNN has a vested interest now in making Trump look as good as possible. Zaslav has openly talked about how he wants to tear way viewers from FOX News, and has basically fired anyone who is even remotely left leaning there. Nevermind the fact that CNN more often than not is the worst ranked network of the big three news orgs right now, still behind FOX and MSNBC.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017

7dD2WvS1TfyPn8MnWiycZY9x50o=.gif

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Also to add onto the news network talk, CNN has a vested interest now in making Trump look as good as possible. Zaslav has openly talked about how he wants to tear way viewers from FOX News, and has basically fired anyone who is even remotely left leaning there. Nevermind the fact that CNN more often than not is the worst ranked network of the big three news orgs right now, still behind FOX and MSNBC.

It seems like people watch CNN out of habit, complain about it but then keep on watching it.

At least my in-laws are CNN democrats and not crazy ass Fox News midwesterners.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
Prosecution called Blanches' bluff on the photo evidence. He was insisting it be kept out until pros actually had the CSPAN guy booking flights - then caved.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
It is quite stark how when I talk to people about this trial everyone says its a disaster for the prosecution. As already stated, CNN punditry has 0 impact on the actual outcome of the trial.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
CNN's only incentive is to get you to keep watching through the next commercial break. I would stop watching cable news.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously. Am I crazy? I swear we knew he embezzled already. Plus that CNN clip also mentions how bad the phone call discrepancy was but makes no mention of the CSPAN footage.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if we knew about him skimming off the Red Finch payment. But keep in mind this important tidbit:

View: https://x.com/MuellerSheWrote/status/1792608156721545469

Sure. We didn't know about Red Finch, but 1) isn't the whole Red Finch thing also terrible for the defense because even if Cohen pocketed $30k that was clearly money used to juice poll numbers to help his narrative in the election and 2) didn't he admit to skimming already but about other payments?!

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Sure. We didn't know about Red Finch, but 1) isn't the whole Red Finch thing also terrible for the defense because even if Cohen pocketed $30k that was clearly money used to juice poll numbers to help his narrative in the election and 2) didn't he admit to skimming already but about other payments?!
Yeah, it might add to his high concern about the election, but I don't think putting out a fake poll is illegal either. It's (usually) a far leap to do some favorable polling versus actually committing illegal acts.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Odd evidence from Sitko (Blanche's paralegal) testifying about analysis of phone calls between Cohen and Costello.

Some of those calls were very long. Are hey trying to show that all substantive phone calls are long or something? Maybe Costello just talks a lot.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Odd evidence from Sitko (Blanche's paralegal) testifying about analysis of phone calls between Cohen and Costello.

Some of those calls were very long. Are hey trying to show that all substantive phone calls are long or something? Maybe Costello just talks a lot.
I don't think I've ever had a phone call with my father over 2 minutes.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Defense now trying to call Costello. Objection, Jury sent out. What the hell is going on?

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I'm trying to understand the angle here...is the idea that Costello would somehow testify to the effect of Cohen masterminding stuff behind Trump's back and without Trump's knowledge? Is there any actual evidence that's relevant to the case that he could introduce?

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Now this is some bottom of the ninth desperation.

Makes me feel better about the case, lol.