• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
stupid-crayon.png

Nice.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
God damn it. Can we please storm the White House and the VP's house and drag Trump, his family and Pence onto Constitution Ave and beat them mercilessly with sticks?

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS SHIT

Committing violence against helpless whites makes you weak. Committing violence against helpless browns makes you strong. Simple enough.

What's a dog whistle?

If this isn't sarcasm, it's when openly bigoted people use substitute words and phrases that are understood by their audience to stand for their chosen group to hate. In this way they can deflect accusations of racism by saying they were obviously taken out of context by sensitive types.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait I thought that's why he was an appointee? Aren't all of the above descriptors basic qualifiers just to be hired in a Trump administration?

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's some high level type of magnetic physics shit in that because Trump is completely and fully not racist, the least racist person ever, that he attracts extremely racist people to him in order to keep the balance of the universe stable?

Maybe it's a two's compliment sort of thing, where he's so not racist that it's looped around and he's become indistinguishable from being the maximum unsigned racist.

args

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So many people who are racist associated with this administration. Lol. Wtf

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Can we please line up all of Trump's appointees, zap 'em with a truth ray, and place bets on how many agree with most of these statements?

Set the over/under at, oh, 65%.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"But severe PTSD, where guys are bugging out and doing violent acts, is a trait of a weak mind. Now things like (military member) Brandon, where he was legitimately blown up and a loud noise makes him on edge -- completely understandable, but when someone performs an act of violence that is a, it is a weak mind. That is a crazy person, and the fact that they're trying to hide it behind PTSD makes me want to vomit."
"What's so wrong with wanting to put up a fence and saying, 'hey, everybody with a gun, if you want to go shoot people coming across our border illegally, you can do it fo' free,'" Higbie said. "And you can do it on your own, and you'll be under the command of the, you know, National Guard unit or a Border Patrol, I think stick a fence six feet high with signs on it in both English and Spanish and it says 'if you cross this border, this is the American border, you cross it, we're going to shoot you.'"
These got me the most.

Asshole, maybe you're the fucking sick crazy person who hides behind a desk.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
And they were like, 'well, you're racist.' I was like, fine if that's the definition of it, then I guess I am.

People keep telling me that racists don't know they're racists or something, but I've known too many of them to say that. I think a good chunk of them will admit they're racist if push comes to shove, they just have other excuses for why that's okay, and if those don't work, they don't really care about trying to pretend otherwise anymore.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love how every reaction with other people he mentions involves them calling them a crazy racist, and him doubling down on it. That's a special brand of asshole.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
I'm shocked he's a Trump appointee. Well guys we need to hug him and show him the error of his ways! Who from the African-American black delegation and/or Muslim delegation would like to be the one to educate this poor ignorant (not racist, never call them that. Calling someone racist is worse than racism) man?

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
They sure do a thorough vetting process.

Simply the best people.

If they are going to vet racists that share their mindset or agenda, at least try not to make it so obvious.

Oct 31, 2017
All you sensitive race baiters on Era love to hate Trump but all you guys do is promote division with your race obsession.

If Trump is racist, why does he have Ben Carson in his administration?

Obama divided this country. Hillary! Cucks! It's ok to be white! Libtards!

You guys don't know what's in this man's heart, he should be given a second chance

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Holy fuck this is some of the worst shit I've ever read from a political public figure.

No wonder Trump appointed him.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, the level of racism, sexism, and bigotry this man displays so openly, I wonder how he even functions in his day to day life. Does he froth from the most and start convulsing if he see a muslim woman walking down the street? Does he get all red and puffy if he's standing next to a black person in line at the bank?

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's rough. You see all the other dudes that made it through and cashing in while the goings good. All the while, you wonder what went wrong.

Oct 31, 2017
By the way, the level of racism, sexism, and bigotry this man displays so openly, I wonder how he even functions in his day to day life. Does he froth from the most and start convulsing if he see a muslim woman walking down the street? Does he get all red and puffy if he's standing next to a black person in line at the bank?

He probably sees people of color in real life and screams about political correctness and thinks our college tuition is free

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Now imagine how many people in the US government that are even more hateful and racist still have a job because they know where to vent their bullshit.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It means "irrational fear or hatred of." While most people are more familiar with the psychological terms (eg arachnophobia) that are more about the fear aspect, the social terms (eg homophobia) are largely about the hatred aspect.
Yeah, and they are largely misused, because most of the people who hate minorities can state reasons for their hatred (bad reasons, of course). Irrationality has no reason behind it. Phobias have no notion of what they are truly afraid of outside of the object itself. If someone says "I hate Muslims because I think they are all terrorists", that isn't Islamophobia. It's misguided and ignorant hatred. Or consider the recent uproar over individuals who do not want to bake a cake for a gay wedding. These people are called "homophobic" even though they have clear reasons for why they do not want to bake the cake they were asked to. Yes, they hate gays, and that's awful, but it isn't irrational. The left putting the word "phobia" on anyone who takes a position they don't like has been unhealthy for the movement.

The "irrational" part is just as important as the "hatred" part. I agree these people are typically hateful, but they have their ignorant reasons.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Yeah, and they are largely misused, because most of the people who hate minorities can state reasons for their hatred (bad reasons, of course). Irrationality has no reason behind it. Phobias have no notion of what they are truly afraid of outside of the object itself. If someone says "I hate Muslims because I think they are all terrorists", that isn't Islamophobia. It's misguided and ignorant hatred. Or consider the recent uproar over individuals who do not want to bake a cake for a gay wedding. These people are called "homophobic" even though they have clear reasons for why they do not want to bake the cake they were asked to. Yes, they hate gays, and that's awful, but it isn't irrational. The left putting the word "phobia" on anyone who takes a position they don't like has been unhealthy for the movement.

The "irrational" part is just as important as the "hatred" part. I agree these people are typically hateful, but they have their ignorant reasons.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamophobia

Stop being hung-up on the semantic definition of a singular morpheme, that's not how words are formed. "Islamophobia" isn't some new invention of modern radical leftists, and the word has always been beyond typical "phobia".

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017

This is essentially semantics when you think about it.

If someone has an ignorant reason to hate something then that can still be defined as irrational. "All Muslims are terrorist" isn't a rational thought by any stretch.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
Yeah, and they are largely misused, because most of the people who hate minorities can state reasons for their hatred (bad reasons, of course). Irrationality has no reason behind it.
You can have reasons that are irrational. An ability to make up a reason you hate people doesn't make it rational. Thinking all Muslims are terrorists is a result of ignorance and irrationality, which means it's not a rational reason, ergo -phobic. Lots of phobics invent post hoc rationalizations for their knee-jerk repulsion.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
It's not even proper semantics, Islamophobia is a long defined term of which this 100% fits. This is what the word means and what it has always meant, there is no such definition of "Islamophobia" in the sense that Karsticles is thinking that's in the realm of anxiety disorders by a trigger, ie agoraphobia, globophobia, etc.

gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
He said shit about vets. That's a big no no. You legislate against their interest, but you never say anything disparaging about them in public. Come on we all know that.

"My experience as a veteran and how the mean words about me said by disgraceful politicians are the most challenging obstacles I've ever faced". The clickhole/onion article titles practically write themselves, lol.