• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
All those Bills! To think he was just going to jet off on vacation without signing them before this. lol.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Note: Congress had everything they needed to override the veto with the Senate's version of the bill. Ryan had the votes he needed in the House. The only reason Ryan didn't bring it to the floor was because Trump said he wouldn't sign it even though it's irrelevant because Congress can easily override the veto.

Oct 25, 2017
All this does is push him further away from your cause. It's not effective, stop.
Haha.

So any white person is imbued with racism at birth?

I agree that there are signals everywhere downplaying non-white skin, however I do believe one isn't immediately corrupted by those. Perhaps confused? A kid would normally ask his/her parents "Why is X thing like that on TV?" and then it is up to the parent to teach good values to the child and how should these signals be interpreted.

IDK, I feels like it's a very generalistic statement. I'm not offended by it, but I do think it's wrong to think that everyone is racist at birth. Humans are clean at birth, it is the world and how it's made that corrupts them, the parents will play an enormous role in how a child will develop.
Who cares? We're not arguing semantics. In practice within the real world; all white people are racist to some extent. What you do based on that is what matters. Hint: Going "I'm certainly not racist at all!!!!!!" ain't it.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Well the good news is that this will ruin Agent Oranges Christmas plans. He cannot just skip out without signing a spending and picture how the news will go if he is caught golfing during the Trump Shutdown.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
TediousSmoggyHare-max-1mb.gif

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who cares? We're not arguing semantics. In practice within the real world; all white people are racist to some extent. What you do based on that is what matters. Hint: Going "I'm certainly not racist at all!!!!!!" ain't it.

This is certainly a take.

Question: If certain people decided not to come in and vote why were others coming in from all over the country, even to vote no? I would understand the yes people to try and pass their bullshit, but even the ones voting no? I don't get it.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
in a fair world, politicians would be on TV 247 screaming about how trump owns this shutdown and exactly why that is. what the reality will be is that trump will win on the narrative side because the dems are so ineffectual and will eventually cave on his demands

Trump really does only want to be a reality star getting non-stop photo ops every day for no other reason than to promote the Trump brand.

What's amazing about his narcissism is how shallow it is.

Someone else said it best: Trump is a human nothingburger.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
in a fair world, politicians would be on TV 247 screaming about how trump owns this shutdown and exactly why that is. what the reality will be is that trump will win on the narrative side because the dems are so ineffectual and will eventually cave on his demands
They're going to be largely off TV and those who are on it are going to be on w/ that message. Schumer seems to have learned his lesson.

The cable news media loves Trump. Don't fight for attention, let him take it.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Don, lift up the top of the notebook, they'll see that there's nothing on it.

Between these and the ones where he's holding a phone up to his ear.... god what a joke of a human being.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Schumer/McConnell came to an agreement to just let this procedural vote pass, which is why Corker, Flake and Jones all flipped to create the tie for Pence to break.

Someone from the Dems needed to do it because there are missing Rs and so Jones was the easy choice because a vote like this isn't going to hurt in Alabama.

The reason this is being done is that the Senate is going to work on their own CR and throw it back to the house, and passing an amended House bill is simpler than starting from scratch.

McConnell doesn't have 50 votes for the House bill.
But why did they need to make it a tie for Pence to break? Why not just vote to pass it since that was what was what they wanted anyways?

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
They're going to be largely off TV and those who are on it are going to be on w/ that message. Schumer seems to have learned his lesson.

The cable news media loves Trump. Don't fight for attention, let him take it.

no arguments there, the cable news media cant get enough of the guy, that helps him significantly more than they probably know

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Has this ended yet or have they still not voted?

Is there a deadline for the vote tonight?