• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
So are you McCain, you spineless fucking weasel. You greenlit every single fucking thing Trump has pushed and you will continue to do so. Actions speak louder than words, and your actions are just as complicit in treason as Rand Paul's when it comes to Trump. What a shame to throw away all your actual service to this country to be remembered as another Yea vote for America's first traitor President. These lying fucking assholes; who the fuck do they think they're fooling with this shit? "Oh, he's been absolutely indistinguishable from an actual Russian agent since before he ever took office, but I couldn't possibly have known about it until right now despite the MOUNTAINS of evidence that have been coming out for YEARS." FUCK YOU JOHN MCCAIN. You have no honor and your only legacy will be that of a willing partner in treason.

anamika

May 18, 2018
He doesn't give Putin or Trump a pass at all. He wants to emphasize that Trump isn't new and special and that america does some similar stuff as Russia so that we address the problems. Cutting trump down does nothing to fix anything if we don't admit that these things aren't new or different.

And he wants to emphasize that Obama was right to not see Russia as much of a threat at the 2012 debates, and fear mongering them into something bigger than they are is dangerous.

It's about putting things into perspective.

Don't bother. Folks here don't care about what America does to the rest of the world. They are only concerned about America. They don't even care to reflect on why this is all happening and don't seem to understand that actions have consequences. One day the chickens will come home to roost.

Oct 30, 2017
So are you McCain, you spineless fucking weasel. You greenlit every single fucking thing Trump has pushed and you will continue to do so. Actions speak louder than words, and your actions are just as complicit in treason as Rand Paul's when it comes to Trump. What a shame to throw away all your actual service to this country to be remembered as another Yea vote for America's first traitor President. These lying fucking assholes; who the fuck do they think they're fooling with this shit? "Oh, he's been absolutely indistinguishable from an actual Russian agent since before he ever took office, but I couldn't possibly have known about it until right now despite the MOUNTAINS of evidence that have been coming out for YEARS." FUCK YOU JOHN MCCAIN. You have no honor and your only legacy will be that of a willing partner in treason.

All the extreme vitriol aside, this is also plainly incorrect. He voted against the health care bill. I'm just reading this and trying to wrap my head around what this is even supposed to mean. I'm fairly certain that he will be remembered mostly for his sacrifice as a POW and not a partner in treason.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
All the extreme vitriol aside, this is also plainly incorrect. He voted against the health care bill. I'm just reading this and trying to wrap my head around what this is even supposed to mean. I'm fairly certain that he will be remembered mostly for his sacrifice as a POW and not a partner in treason.
Oh, sorry. One thing. He only votes with the traitor President 95% of the time. And then he has the decency to not retire even though he's in too ill health to actually go to Washington while the Senate is in session because his seat might go to a Democrat, and what we really need is another rubber stamp for Donald Trump. Real principled stance he's taking there against Putin's puppet.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully. But based on their actions, I'd have to assume that if there are a few Republicans that haven't sold out, they're more likely saying "why aren't we getting paid, too".

Most corrupted creatures in the history of humanity. Shame on the Americans who gave these people power. Burning the world down over guns and abortions.

And having to pay more for healthcare (don't forget that). My boss told me his reason for voting for Trump was Obama 'lied' about the health care reform bill.

Honestly, if any Republicans are proud of Trump after this, it makes you question what's important to them.

Oct 30, 2017
Oh, sorry. One thing. He only votes with the traitor President 95% of the time. And then he has the decency to not retire even though he's in too ill health to actually go to Washington while the Senate is in session because his seat might go to a Democrat, and what we really need is another rubber stamp for Donald Trump. Real principled stance he's taking there against Putin's puppet.

Most of the stuff that came up for a vote was orthodox Republican policy. He would have voted the same if it was President Rubio in the White House. On the issues where Trump is specifically egregious and in his own twisted world, McCain has rejected those proposals.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
8EunFdd.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
So do you guys think trump has been blackmailed to hell and that's why he is doing all this? Like Vlad has just been pushing him to do more and more insane tasks like that episode of Black Mirror?

Oct 30, 2017
If "being an active and willing member of a political party colluding with a foreign adversary to rig elections and secure power" is "all", then yes.

The irony of this is of course that the people who all of you have pinned your hopes on in Wray, Rosenstein, and Mueller, are acting and willing members of that same political party. Resistance Twitter hero Rick Wilson is still a member of that party. Just because we're in dangerous times doesn't mean you have to froth at the mouth at the sight of every Republican or people who still think the party can be salvaged from the current freak show.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I think its been obvious since the beginning that Trump is a suck up to pretty much all dictatorial regimes...but i see nothing very much out of the ordinary regarding America's policy if you look statistically at the history of the US supporting dictatorial regimes and snuffing out democracies not in favor of their influence

I don't have an issue with calling Trump or his regime out, because they are garbage. but i would really like if the US media could actually be consistent on this issue and not just have selective viewpoints when its people they specifically want to destroy or throw a narrative under.

And they can't even be consistent on that, because they didn't say anything when Trump sucked Saudi Arabia's dick, one of the biggest state sponsors of terrorism on the planet, and most of congress went along with the exchanging of money and arms without a word.

I want consistency of this kind of furor, when the issue is not Russia and the leader is not Putin.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We have a nutcase on Fox News.. and it's not Tucker, but his guest. Russian studies professor Stephen Cohen

Basically...

"Everyone bashing Trump today... choose what you want to happen...

Impeach Trump and start a War with Russia

Or

Be friends with Putin. (Who has many Nuclear Weapons)

Because that's what our choices are.... we have to be friends with Russia."

blinking.gif

So he's basically admitting that he thinks Trump is a puppet?

Deleted member 20603

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Didn't McCain originally pay for the research that led to the dossier, and then hand it off to the FBI? C'mon dude

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
The irony of this is of course that the people who all of you have pinned your hopes on in Wray, Rosenstein, and Mueller, are acting and willing members of that same political party. Resistance Twitter hero Rick Wilson is still a member of that party. Just because we're in dangerous times doesn't mean you have to froth at the mouth at the sight of every Republican or people who still think the party can be salvaged from the current freak show.
Rosenstein and Mueller aren't politicians. I don't give a damn about Rick Wilson.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
It surprises me that, of all the responses, the way Putin answered the Do you have incriminating information question hasn't garnered more attention. Historically, Putin has dismissed wrongdoing and/or his willful lies by literally laughing off the question. Today was no exception. Biologically, it's a subconscious attempt by your brain to reduce stress and often a classic tell of guilt.

Because you know he does.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Don't bother. Folks here don't care about what America does to the rest of the world. They are only concerned about America. They don't even care to reflect on why this is all happening and don't seem to understand that actions have consequences. One day the chickens will come home to roost.

Pretty shitty line of argument.

Americans who don't support intervening in other country's affairs are being hurt by Russia's actions too, you know.

But you don't care about them. All you care about is making a ludicrous point about how we deserve to be attacked.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017

Guess who brushed Browder aside? Obama/Kerry.

Guess who fought alongside him here in the U.S.?
John McCain.

Yes, he's a career Republican but there's a lot to like about McCain.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Man, ever since Trump won, I make the "welcome to Latin America US" joke, but licking the boots of a foreign leader because his meddling is the reason you are in power is, like, SO latin america the only reason it isn't more latin america is that the foreign leader in having the boots licked isn't the president of the united states.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
So do you guys think trump has been blackmailed to hell and that's why he is doing all this? Like Vlad has just been pushing him to do more and more insane tasks like that episode of Black Mirror?

I think Occam's Razer would say he just likes to be part of the leaders club and doesn't want to go up against one that intimidates him. He also envies his dictatorship.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
In what passes for my optimistic moments these days I'd like to think it's for Trump himself what the tapes of the crying children were for the kiddie concentration camps.

A jarring, "oh crap, this is actually happening" moment that's harder to just shrug off and ignore.

Sit back and think about this for a moment.

We've moved on from children being detained like smalltime criminals, to our sitting President siding with the Russian President over our own intelligence agencies via a summit.

Wow. It is different, but it's just pushing further.

I hope to god this is where it breaks.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017

I don't think it's black mail, so much as straight up debt. Trump is inexplicably rich. He's blown through his fortune and somehow keeps getting money. That money is Russian. Trump is essentially bankrolled by Putin and has no choice if he wants to continue to be "rich." Although in this context, rich is the same as owned. You don't have to blackmail anyone when they know their bank account exists because of you.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching this Fox News Putin interview and all he's doing is trolling...

"No I didn't show a missed going over Florida. It could be anything! Stop scaring your country with make believe threats" .

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think it's black mail, so much as straight up debt. Trump is inexplicably rich. He's blown through his fortune and somehow keeps getting money. That money is Russian. Trump is essentially bankrolled by Putin and has no choice if he wants to continue to be "rich." Although in this context, rich is the same as owned. You don't have to blackmail anyone when they know their bank account exists because of you.

ALL OF THIS. No pee tape, just straight up "I have no choice." Or he wouldn't do any of this.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's with this idea that "We don't war, so we better do what Putin wants?" Bullies don't take your money and go "Thanks, I just needed money today." They take more and more. That was the lesson of appeasement with Hitler. Putin attacked the US and this coward is too scared to do anything.

I contacted my reps today. I hope the intern who is forced to read it and then pretend they didn't see it is moved by what I wrote. lol

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
What's with this idea that "We don't war, so we better do what Putin wants?" Bullies don't take your money and go "Thanks, I just needed money today." They take more and more. That was the lesson of appeasement with Hitler. Putin attacked the US and this coward is too scared to do anything.

I contacted my reps today. I hope the intern who is forced to read it and then pretend they didn't see it is moved by what I wrote. lol
Because they got nothing. They have no real response, it can't be defended. So they're just throwing that ridiculous answer out there because that's all that's left.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really confused by this Stephen Cohen fellow. I don't see anything in his background (other than his studies) that links to Russia and was even banned from visiting in the early-80's, yet somehow he shills for Russia non-stop.

He was on Vice News Tonight tonight (heh) basically claiming that Russia's annexation of Crimea is the US' fault because they brought NATO to their doorstep. Okay... but then he goes on to state that the US would do the same if China entered into a military agreement with Mexico. I'm sorry, but what?? Is this dude just a lunatic? He's a pretty well respected professor and his wife runs The Nation so I have no clue what I'm missing here.

Clip here:

Oct 25, 2017
Oh so today Trump finally made his position clear on national tv that it's Russia First, America Last.
Well we already knew that but it's nice of him to state it plainly for the idiots who had trouble figuring this out.
I'm sure Putin's entire purpose in coming was for that to happen and publicly establish his dominance over the US leadership for the boys at home.
Putin went to bed with a big fat smile on his face today. Dude sure knows how to play the game.
My guess: I don't think it's motivated by fear, I think it's motivated by greed. There's money involved. Lots of it. It's business. Trump is in this for himself and he's throwing the US under the bus for it because he's either too stupid to perceive the consequences of his actions, or too much of an egomaniac to care. He also simply prefers the company of dictators because he's got the same degenerate morals as them, so they get along well.
Natural consequences of his debauched personality rather than having his hands tied behind his back. That's what I think.
That's not to say that Putin isn't putting the squeeze on him and making him nervous. Even in business there are plenty of ways to put on the pressure and encourage certain actions.