• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Trump / Putin - Joint press conference

Oct 27, 2017
Where are these Americans who don't support intervening in the affairs of other countries? Both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama massively interfered in the affairs of other countries. And they were the top candidates elected by Democrats.

The only non-interventionist candidate who even came remotely close to becoming a candidate for President was Bernie Sanders. And Americans chose a neocon war Hawk like Hillary over him.

So please. Don't give me BS about Americans caring about what their country does in other countries. They are only enraged now, because Russia dared to meddle in American elections. The US of A has done far worse by supporting coups, overthrowing democratically elected governments and installing brutal dictators like Pinochet. Look him up. Trump is nothing compared to him.
Amazing how much wrong you have in this post the whataboutism is storing in you. Not to mention the privilege.

Oct 27, 2017
Putin is playing the long game, first he neuters the UK by taking us out of the EU, now he is taking America out of NATO and I don’t think it will be long before America starts withdrawing troops from Europe. This is all about making Russia the big boys, have them politically start taking back their former states piece by piece knowing the UK and America will sit back and let it happen.

This isn’t about Russia controlling the USA, it’s about making the EU weak.

Cas

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing several Fox News hosts calling out Trump for today gave me a chuckle.

Hannity defending Trump still tho
I don't think Hannity will ever not defend Trump. I don't know if he has a Russia connection or what, but there's something going on. They even shared the same lawyer.

Oct 28, 2017
Trump isn't the cause, he's the symptom.

America is sick.
He's more like our antibodies letting in viruses and attacking our own immune system.

Saying he's the symptom is like saying he's just a fever. Nah, this dude is directly responsible some of the worse stuff happening right now. The problems in America are significant and exacerbated by people like Trump and Putin, and they couldn't accomplish what they are if it wasn't for our own issues, but at the same time, Trump is dismantling the country in a way that wouldn't have been possible without the corruption of an outside force working with the corruption from within.

Oct 28, 2017
One thing that bothers me. If Putin really wanted Trump to keep on going as his puppet why allow this public blowjob to happen? Why not stage a show where Trump at least appears tough during the press event?

He is literally trolling America. “I own your President, I’m going to show the world I own your President. And there isn’t a god damn thing anyone can do about it.”

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
One thing that bothers me. If Putin really wanted Trump to keep on going as his puppet why allow this public blowjob to happen? Why not stage a show where Trump at least appears tough during the press event?

He is literally trolling America. “I own your President, I’m going to show the world I own your President. And there isn’t a god damn thing anyone can do about it.”
Trump was never a real president in the first place. Just a flat out phony.

And that meeting has basically confirmed that Trump is a slave of Putin.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I don’t get this either. Why even have the meeting at all?

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don’t get this either. Why even have the meeting at all?
Russia is getting everything it wants. When Trump is no longer useful they can always unleash the bomb that is GOP emails, Trump compromised data etc. That would then cause the US to go into an even bigger crisis. Can you imagine the situation that would develop with Trump being outed by the Russians? It would shake Americas Institutions to the core. The Founders never envisioned this scenario so there really are no structure in place to deal with it. I mean Impeachment would get rid of Trump but then there is the Judges appointed etc. I mean you would need to do a huge purge of everything Trump has touched and yet there is nothing in place to even accomplish much of that.

The GOP is riding along because they fear what Russia may know/have. They sold out to protect their power and can always get burned when Russia has no us for them

Oct 25, 2017

While I agree that it's showing his hand a little too heavily given how closely he's played it thus far, he's still human, he's fallible and prideful. It's entirely possible he did it purely because he knew that he could get away with it. Regardless of whatever happens to Trump, Putin will always have this moment, the moment in which he willfully defied and embarrassed America on a global stage with the world watching.

It could be politically motivated too, as he comes out looking exceptionally strong, put together, and in control. Maybe he did it because he knows something bigger is about to break and wanted to have his fun while he could. In the end, however, whatever his reason behind doing it the lack of ramifications surely played a role.

May 18, 2018
User Banned (5 days): Whataboutism. Pattern of trolling. User in junior phase.
Hillary a neocon? Lol
What, voting for the Iraq war, being a loyal supporter of Netanyahu and destroying Libya is not enough for neocon credentials?

https://www.vox.com/2016/8/17/12494052/hillary-clinton-neocons
https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/06/2...onservative-to-fundraise-for-hillary-clinton/
https://fpif.org/hillary-clinton-neocons/
https://theintercept.com/2016/07/25/robert-kagan-and-other-neocons-back-hillary-clinton/
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2016/06/28/is_hillary_clinton_a_neocon_385790.html

You don't know what you are talking about
Well, please do explain to me since I am so ignorant about the whole thing. Also please explain Obama's support for this guy and the sale of F-16s to him:
Just two years earlier, Sisi had seized power in a military coup, toppling Mohamed Morsi, the democratically elected successor to Hosni Mubarak, himself a strongman of 30 years pushed out in early 2011 by mass protests in Cairo’s Tahrir Square. In the summer of 2013, Sisi followed his coup with a brutal crackdown that would have done Saddam Hussein proud. His security forces arrested thousands of people, including much of his political opposition, and in one bloody day that summer, they gunned down some 1,000 pro-Morsi protesters (or more) who were staging peaceful sit-ins. The massacre was shocking even by the standards of Egypt’s long-dismal human rights record.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/01/we-caved-obama-foreign-policy-legacy-213495

It all comes down to geopolitics. There are no good guys here.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
Russia is getting everything it wants. When Trump is no longer useful they can always unleash the bomb that is GOP emails, Trump compromised data etc. That would then cause the US to go into an even bigger crisis. Can you imagine the situation that would develop with Trump being outed by the Russians? It would shake Americas Institutions to the core. The Founders never envisioned this scenario so there really are no structure in place to deal with it. I mean Impeachment would get rid of Trump but then there is the Judges appointed etc. I mean you would need to do a huge purge of everything Trump has touched and yet there is nothing in place to even accomplish much of that.

The GOP is riding along because they fear what Russia may know/have. They sold out to protect their power and can always get burned when Russia has no us for them
I have no sympathy for either Trump or the GOP, because they sold themselves & this country out to Russia & Putin.

Neither do I have sympathy for the RNC for that matter, because they could've easily nominated someone else that wouldn't put them in a lot of deep shit.

Oct 28, 2017
Just woke up to all this debacle

Isn't it time for North America to do something already? You guys are the laughing stock of Europe.
Last time I checked we still had to deal with Poland, Romania, Hungary and Italy.

Not to mention that Brexit thing and the ever present threat of LePen.

Oct 27, 2017
Have things gotten bad enough that we can assume we're heading towards World War 3 yet?
Only heading? There's an argument to be made we're already living it. It's just a different natured beast than WWI and WWII. A big portion of the world is in the middle of or participating in some kind of conflict. The big players in the last war aren't (yet) at each others' throats directly, but that's probably closer than it has been in a long while.

Cas

Oct 27, 2017
What, voting for the Iraq war, being a loyal supporter of Netanyahu and destroying Libya is not enough for neocon credentials?

https://www.vox.com/2016/8/17/12494052/hillary-clinton-neocons
https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/06/2...onservative-to-fundraise-for-hillary-clinton/
https://fpif.org/hillary-clinton-neocons/
https://theintercept.com/2016/07/25/robert-kagan-and-other-neocons-back-hillary-clinton/
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2016/06/28/is_hillary_clinton_a_neocon_385790.html

Well, please do explain to me since I am so ignorant about the whole thing. Also please explain Obama's support for this guy and the sale of F-16s to him:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/01/we-caved-obama-foreign-policy-legacy-213495

It all comes down to geopolitics. There are no good guys here.
What a bullshit post. Yes, we get it, America is no angel, "both sides", blah blah blah. But guess what? Keeping the US from devolving into Russia 2.0 would be in everyones interest to prevent. So what exactly are you trying to prove? Should we all just suffer for your tiny schadenfreude and I-told-you-so enjoyment? Or do you think what's actually happening is a good thing?

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Trump being under his thumb is really one of the few things Putin has going for him politically, he needs to milk this victory to maintain his standing. Many of his decisions, from annexing Crimea to going all-in on Bashar al-Assad to foreign assassinations, have eroded Russia's ability to project and maintain power abroad and made the lives of his kleptocratic allies appreciably more difficult, particularly when it comes to moving and spending their money.

Displays like yesterday are huge reputation and image boosts for his regime.

Oct 25, 2017
Trump being under his thumb is really one of the few things Putin has going for him politically, he needs to milk this victory to maintain his standing. Many of his decisions, from annexing Crimea to going all-in on Bashar al-Assad to foreign assassinations, have eroded Russia's ability to project and maintain power abroad and made the lives of his kleptocratic allies appreciably more difficult, particularly when it comes to moving and spending their money.

Displays like yesterday are huge reputation and image boosts for his regime.
Yep, I don't think the Summit was for Trumps sake, but rather it was Putin declaring to the world that America now belongs to him, so don't mess with Russia.

Oct 25, 2017
Russia correctly identified the NRA as a point of leverage with the GOP and directed attention there.

I'm sure they haven't been sleeping on FOX News. There's more coming.
Fox News has an army of apologists for Russia that they bring through occasionally. I imagine it's not long until we get some proof that Russian operatives were "tipping off" Fox News with various leads for stories. The fact that the NRA was so brazen in allowing Russian operatives to meet with them and be such a huge part of their organization and outreach is shocking.

OP
OP
Blue Lou
Oct 26, 2017
And to think, I was considering not creating a thread for this conference thinking no one would really care. 23 pages later and c. 200k views.

Oct 28, 2017
Even Fox news hosts coming out against this. Republican senators also coming out against it, one even calling it treasonous...

I know most of you lot don't like Philip Defranco, but his video about this was spot on.

Either Trump is perhaps the greatest idiot to have ever existed, his ego is so massive that he can't even accept the idea that Russia worked to help him win, or he colluded. He either did or he knows that his campaign colluded and he is doing everything possible to set the idea up that this was a setup.

Oct 25, 2017
Even Fox news hosts coming out against this. Republican senators also coming out against it, one even calling it treasonous...

I know most of you lot don't like Philip Defranco, but his video about this was spot on.

Either Trump is perhaps the greatest idiot to have ever existed, his ego is so massive that he can't even accept the idea that Russia worked to help him win, or he colluded. He either did or he knows that his campaign colluded and he is doing everything possible to set the idea up that this was a setup.
It's a load of shit because come like...Wednesday it'll be business as usual.

Oct 27, 2017

I love how everyone is like "He must know his campaign colluded."

This sentiment will one day be seen as hilariously naive. Not only did he know...HE IS THE COORDINATOR. The Russian oligarchs/mafia/state, they own him...since the late 80s / early 90s. This was directed by his financiers (a.k.a. Russia) from the beginning. He is under their thumb and has been for decades.

Oct 28, 2017
I love how everyone is like "He must know his campaign colluded."

This sentiment will one day be seen as hilariously naive. Not only did he know...HE IS THE COORDINATOR. The Russian oligarchs/mafia/state, they own him...since the late 80s / early 90s. This was directed by his financiers (a.k.a. Russia) from the beginning. He is under their thumb and has been for decades.
It's not naive, it's the only way we can comprehend the stupidity. Either he is a mastermind who has continued to dupe everyone, or he's an idiot who can't get anything down.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
Because people should’ve had the sense to vote for her when they very well know what the alternative was. You all fucking wanted Trump, you ALL sold your country out.
I also blame the 57% of registered voters that sat on their asses inside of their apartments & inside of their houses & didn't bother to get up & vote for Hillary at all.

At least I can say that I did my part & voted for her. I hate Trump with a passion.

I think no one is laughing anymore in Europe. We are getting more and more terrified. At least I am.
Same here. I was laughing at first, but seeing the most powerful country in the world and also our ally for hundreds of years fall into the hands of a dictator is fucking scary.

I hope EU gets it's shit together and starts spending way more money on defense immediately. Too bad we have our right wing populist countries like Hungary and Poland who would love to bend down to Putin as well.

And to be honest, Putin is a fucking mastermind.

Zeb

Oct 27, 2017
He seriously can't lose. Putin is Parker Lewis.
It totally depends on what attitude will be towards him after Trump is out of office. If the new American government and Congress are REALLY angry they can’t start implementing more extreme sanctions that can further cripple our economy.

But in my eyes Putin did a really good service to US and American people should be grateful to him.

1)He exposed the level of corruption in circles of power and showed how weak your system of checks and balances is.
2) He showed who is who in US, now Americans have no illusions of shared values and so on. All problems lay bare out there, you can’t ignore them, you HAVE to find a solution.
3)Americans seem finally to wake up politically and fucking vote and do stuff. I mean I vote and I know that the people I support will never win here because the game is rigged but most Americans can influence their lives (still can, lol) but for some reason chose not to. That’s weak sauce.

Putin gave your nation a much needed kick in the ass. Now you can try to fix stuff or continue to slide into corporate authocratic hell. Choose some decent people to represent you, not those half wits who pretend to be left while they are really quite right on most issues. Or at least remove these clowns from the office, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I've honestly forgotten what was it like to have the US being led by a competent President. Say what you want about GWB but he was at the very least fit to lead and behave like a POTUS. I should've paid closer attention before Trump brought his circus with him.

Oct 26, 2017
I hope EU gets it's shit together and starts spending way more money on defense immediately. Too bad we have our right wing populist countries like Hungary and Poland who would love to bend down to Putin as well.

And to be honest, Putin is a fucking mastermind.
Poland is the last country that will bend down to Putin. You don't know, how much they hate russians.
They were always a "fan" of the US, not so much about in the Obama times (curious why...). But that doesn't mean, they are also a fan of russia/putin.
I didn't watch the polish news the last couple days, so i can't say anything, what the reactions are after the summit. But i think, the pl. goverment is very sceptical.

But they will never ever bend the knee for russia/putin. Believe me.

acheron_xl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
It totally depends on what attitude will be towards him after Trump is out of office. If the new American government and Congress are REALLY angry they can’t start implementing more extreme sanctions that can further cripple our economy.

But in my eyes Putin did a really good service to US and American people should be grateful to him.

1)He exposed the level of corruption in circles of power and showed how weak your system of checks and balances is.
2) He showed who is who in US, now Americans have no illusions of shared values and so on. All problems lay bare out there, you can’t ignore them, you HAVE to find a solution.
3)Americans seem finally to wake up politically and fucking vote and do stuff. I mean I vote and I know that the people I support will never win here because the game is rigged but most Americans can influence their lives (still can, lol) but for some reason chose not to. That’s weak sauce.

Putin gave your nation a much needed kick in the ass. Now you can try to fix stuff or continue to slide into corporate authocratic hell. Choose some decent people to represent you, not those half wits who pretend to be left while they are really quite right on most issues. Or at least remove these clowns from the office, lol.
All of this assumes our future elections will be fair, and that, should they lose, the GOP will surrender power. Neither are certainties.