• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
User Warned: Inflammatory Derailment
The conversation about criticizing a woman for quoting herself on twitter.

Given that I see her as a (not great) politician first, I am somewhat astounded that you brought up gender. Yes, Politicians can be male and female too. What a great world we live in where we can elect politicians from both genders. And trust me, there are plenty of wonderful and competant female politicians on this planet. Hillary's use of cheap ploys to relate to people and prove a point comes off as amateur and - much like Turmp - she isn't a politician with a clean sheet. Given that you seem to have some kind of agenda and this might fly over your head so bear with me, I just want to re-iterate that I am using the term "Politician" here. So by all means, spare me your pretentious insults.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Given that I see her as a (not great) politician first, I am somewhat astounded that you brought up gender. Yes, Politicians can be male and female too. What a great world we live in where we can elect politicians from both genders. And trust me, there are plenty of wonderful and competant female politicians on this planet. Hillary's use of cheap ploys to relate to people and prove a point comes off as amateur and - much like Turmp - she isn't a politician with a clean sheet. Given that you seem to have some kind of agenda and this might fly over your head so bear with me, I just want to re-iterate that I am using the term "Politician" here. So by all means, spare me your pretentious insults.

"Judging a person by their username and avatar adds nothing to the conversation"

*the conversation is about Donald Trump colluding with russia*

"OH MY GOD HER TWITTER QUOTING, JUST AS BAD AS HOTSAUCE. I'm CRRRRRIIIIINNNNGGGING!!!!"

walking talking cartoon.

Jan 10, 2018
It makes me wonder whether Russia actually does have any leverage over Trump. There's nothing they could have that would make him look worse than he does now, and he knows that his base and the GOP will overlook anything bad he does.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
It doesn't. Just find it an extremely juvenile way to prove a point. They're politicians not school kids.

Oh thanks I'm glad the ACTUAL leader of our country doesn't act like a child or anything. Thank god we have you to keep that Clinton bitch in check lest she rise up and infect political discourse with childish insults. I shudder to think of what could happen if people went one day without underlining how disingenuous Clinton is. Thank Christ good people like you are holding that future at bay, could you even imagine if modern politicians called each other names and said childish things online? I mean, can you even imagine?

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I'll say I'm pretty happy to be living in a parliamentary system right now. A strict trias politica has its beauty, but a prime minister that says he's behind his intelligence agencies but also trusts an adversary that they didn't commit crimes against his country (in our case saying he trusts Russia not to have shot down MH17), would have been sacked instantly.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
It makes me wonder whether Russia actually does have any leverage over Trump. There's nothing they could have that would make him look worse than he does now, and he knows that his base and the GOP will overlook anything bad he does.
I mean... They probably have quite a lot of financial stuff that's outright criminal. Even Trump knows he won't be President forever and that that stuff will eventually haunt him if it gets out.

Simon Belmont

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... They probably have quite a lot of financial stuff that's outright criminal. Even Trump knows he won't be President forever and that that stuff will eventually haunt him if it gets out.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if some of his buildings were financed with dirty money he'd lose them, which for some reason I think bothers him more than the idea of jail time.

Jan 2, 2018
I'll say I'm pretty happy to be living in a parliamentary system right now. A strict trias politica has its beauty, but a prime minister that says he's behind his intelligence agencies but also trusts an adversary that they didn't commit crimes against his country (in our case saying he trusts Russia not to have shot down MH17), would have been sacked instantly.

Well in the Netherlands we have a parliamentary system with two parties openly choosing sides with Russia regarding MH17. Worst thing is that THEIR country men died in that plane.

And one of the parties is actually higher than ever in the polls.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Same here. I was laughing at first, but seeing the most powerful country in the world and also our ally for hundreds of years fall into the hands of a dictator is fucking scary.

I hope EU gets it's shit together and starts spending way more money on defense immediately. Too bad we have our right wing populist countries like Hungary and Poland who would love to bend down to Putin as well.

And to be honest, Putin is a fucking mastermind.

Hell no. I dont want the member states to spend 2% on defense. The US has a lot more plates in the air than just the EU. I think we've seen that foreign intervention in the middle east only brings about unintended consequences. I mean you can draw a direct line from the first Iraq war to Syria. And I dont think we need a lot more spending to secure the EU borders.

Oct 27, 2017

They have stuff that will send him and his vacant family to jail.

I've never seen him so beaten as he was walking beside Putin. I wonder if Putin had a word in his ear without the translators hearing.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Austria is heavy right-wing at the moment, AfD in Germany gets stronger, right-wing sentiments get more and more popularity in all European countries.

You really can't blame anyone if the two world's most powerful and stable democracies - USA and UK have lead the path with this nonsense. The whole world is going down the shitter, there was no world war for too long and people are getting bored

And yeah, Poland might have conservative populist fucks running the country at the moment, but Warsaw treats (rightly so) Moscow as its biggest threat and enemy, so no way for a deal here. Hungary on the other hand...

Btw. Poland is one of the biggest advocates of the idea of a EU army, noone cares about it though. Why should Spain and Portugal spend their resources on a war with Russia?

I highly doubt you have to worry about another "frische frohliche krieg". Anti-authoritarian sentiment is also much stronger in Europe than in early20th century.

And even The Netherlands had anti soviet defense measures during the cold war. We all remember how things can escalate. The resistance against an European army hinges more on the implied loss of sovereignty.

Also social nets are much stronger.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
Hillary's use of cheap ploys to relate to people and prove a point comes off as amateur and - much like Turmp - she isn't a politician with a clean sheet.
You were repeating a stupid meme from the election.

Part of that meme is acting like Hillary Clinton, a human being, can't have human interests because she's a politician.

The woman attended hot sauce conventions and shit before really getting into her political career. The entire "lol, hot sauce in her bag" shit is an attempt to deny her the human elements that people see as making politicians relatable, for an electorate where relatable is a requirement to get elected.

Its bullshit and it's born from the sexism that plagued Clinton her entire career. If you're too naive to see this it's best if you know when you've been told because otherwise we all see what you're doing and it's gross.

Brerlappin

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump looked like a browbeaten lapdog. And when challenged about Putin's election interference immediately deflected to BUT HER EMAILS. He is owned lock, stock and barrel by Russia. Anyone defending him at this point has to know deep down in their heart that they only support him because hes helping further the goals of White supremacists and that they are okay with supporting a Russian owned puppet as long as it helps keep people of colour down. I mean for literal decades, America was "better dead than red", but i guess nowadays its "better red than brown".

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
All he had to do was to say he trusts information from the USA while wanting to "believe" Putin was not involved, while assuring the investigation is going further.
This "I TRUST PUTIN-KUN, I LOVE HIM" is pathetic on so many levels.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Posted yet?

Though the summit framed Trump and Putin as equals, it was clear that Putin was in charge. He arrived over an hour late, forcing the American president to twiddle his thumbs while waiting. During the press conference, Trump's recitation of Putin's various assurances—Russia had no involvement in the 2016 election, Russia would allow its own officials to question the GRU officers named in Friday's indictment—took on an almost childlike quality. It was a question of power and domination. "The big takeaway from Helsinki," wrote the former Bush administration official Ambassador Nicholas Burns, was "Trump's weakness beside Putin." The right-wing press agreed: "Putin eats Trump's lunch in Helsinki," read the headline of a Fox opinion piece. "PUTIN DOMINATES IN HEL," blared the Drudge Report.

The intolerable thing, in other words, was not what Trump said but that he appeared weak. In the slang of the alt-right and the Trumpist right, he looked like a cuck.
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/07/the-end-of-all-illusions/565349/

Spock

Oct 27, 2017
Trump looked like a browbeaten lapdog. And when challenged about Putin's election interference immediately deflected to BUT HER EMAILS. He is owned lock, stock and barrel by Russia. Anyone defending him at this point has to know deep down in their heart that they only support him because hes helping further the goals of White supremacists and that they are okay with supporting a Russian owned puppet as long as it helps keep people of colour down. I mean for literal decades, America was "better dead than red", but i guess nowadays its "better red than brown".

While for many of trumps still standing supporters race is a driving force, there is a large block on some going down with the ship type mentality, in the context that they rather believe what they believe than accept being wrong. Today gave some stragglers an out, but those still standing with trump are literally caught in a looping mental model of the sunk cost fallacy with how they voted...

Oct 26, 2017
Obama: A new hope
Trump: The Empire strikes back
?: The Return of the Jedi

5a8.png

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
And here's what you guys supported:

"Bill Clinton, look, the bimbo eruptions—it was f——g monstrous. That would not have flown today. A piece of s—. Entitled, rapey, gropey, grabby, disgusting, and the way that he—and she—destroyed these women and the way that everyone went along, and, and are blind to this!" Bourdain said.

https://people.com/food/anthony-bourdain-harvey-weinstein-beaten-cell/

Published July 16, 2018. From an interview Anthony Bourdain did a month before he died. To have avoided Trump, all Democrats had to do was stand up. Wonder why there's no thread on this here. #YOUWEREWARNEDASWELL

EDIT: MORE INFO

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ng-trump-win-possible/?utm_term=.0f015a74ac69

Dec. 2016

The problem with this point of view is that it fully ignores the role that right wing media has played over the last 30 years in encouraging people in middle America to adopt their views of east cost "elites".

Kaveri

Oct 28, 2017
The Republican Party needs to make a choice: Trump or Reagan. They can't idolize one of them without shitting on the other.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Im so sick to my stomach

Even if we flip Congress in November.... what comes next?

We still need to get Trump out of the picture ASAP

Oct 26, 2017
DWuMUr0.gif

You were right there and you blew it on the ending.

I was just posting the picture, I didn't create it

Personally I'm not fully convinced with the current Dem frontrunners. I'm hoping a governor pops up out of nowhere.

Harris is way too green. In '24 or '28 then definitely
Warren seems more like a strong VP candidate. I'm not sure how well she can connect with voters outside of deep blue states.
Gillbrand maybe but right now it doesn't seem like she has the gravitas. Maybe once she starts campaigning, it'll change.
Booker feels too robotic and too practiced, which makes him look "fake" to some people.
Biden is good, but he's too old and might have some #MeToo issues.

I like Mark Warner. He speaks on progressive issues, but he has the right tone to speak to independents and some Republicans.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Hey did anyone watch Rachel Maddow last night. If so is her 27 minute video on youtube worth the watch. I usually get lost in her monologues. Sadly.

Oct 26, 2017
I was just posting the picture, I didn't create it

Personally I'm not fully convinced with the current Dem frontrunners. I'm hoping a governor pops up out of nowhere.

Harris is way too green. In '24 or '28 then definitely
Warren seems more like a strong VP candidate. I'm not sure how well she can connect with voters outside of deep blue states.
Gillbrand maybe but right now it doesn't seem like she has the gravitas. Maybe once she starts campaigning, it'll change.
Booker feels too robotic and too practiced, which makes him look "fake" to some people.
Biden is good, but he's too old and might have some #MeToo issues.

I like Mark Warner. He speaks on progressive issues, but he has the right tone to speak to independents and some Republicans.
imho.

_________ AS President
---- candidates to run with the below
------------Kasich ( yep I said kaisch)
------------Bernie ( as much as I have grown to dislike him, if not president, I think putting him in charge of infrastructure/medical stuff would be best)
------------Biden
------------swallwell
------------I dont think booker or harris could get elected in 2020, but I will pay attention for the next 2 years
Brown as Vice President
Swallwell as Secretary of state, then a run for pres in 2024 with harris as his vp
Harris as AG - Prep her national image for VP by 2024, then a presidential run in 2028
--- we need harris to reform he DOJ, to make policing less racist, to improve department policy and procedures, and also to target white collar crimes, and issue appropriate sentencing for it, no more slap on wrists for ruining the lives of your workers. legalizing recreational marijuana federally (and override states that dont have it legal yet)
Biden as Department of Interior
booker as Vp with harris in 2028

Im not touching gillibrand with a 3 foot pole.

Last edited:

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
All he had to do was to say he trusts information from the USA while wanting to "believe" Putin was not involved, while assuring the investigation is going further.
This "I TRUST PUTIN-KUN, I LOVE HIM" is pathetic on so many levels.

And now looking at far right posts I'm seeing people say they trust Putin over the democrats. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How on earth is this dude still the President of the US?

He's a useful idiot to half the country. Russia attacked America, but they can profit by appeasing their benefactors with tax cuts and deregulation, so they are trying like hell to prop him up the best they can.

Once he is no longer useful, he will be thrown under the bus.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
One thing that bothers me. If Putin really wanted Trump to keep on going as his puppet why allow this public blowjob to happen? Why not stage a show where Trump at least appears tough during the press event?

He is literally trolling America. "I own your President, I'm going to show the world I own your President. And there isn't a god damn thing anyone can do about it."
This is the same argument people use when Russia brazenly assassinates people on foreign soil. Putin doesn't give a fuck, he wants people to know how big his dick is.