• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
My biggest concern about all of this isn't Trump. We know who he is. There are more like him.

Our system is based on checks and balances. Those checks and balances are broken. If Trump dies of a fast food heart attack today, we're still in deep trouble because another person who dreams of being an corrupt aristocrat will take his place. We've seen this in other countries. Kill off one corrupt leader, someone else will take his place without a checks and balances.

The propaganda from public officials and media that are now back to saying this outrage is overblown due to his walkback (that he's already undermined) is scary. Republicans are cutting off media interviewers and asking us to move forward and stop dividing the country when being asked questions about that 2 hour meeting or why Trump bent a knee to Putin but nobody else. The cover-up for potential treason is scary.

RedValkyrie

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't live in America anymore or watch Fox News, and the few clips I see online are usually tucker Carlson being a moron. Sorry for not keeping up with career of Kennedy. What other mid 90s mtv "VJs" are currently pundits?
None that I know of.

However, I do know Rachel from Road Rules (1)? is a regular host on Fox & Friends on the weekends. Her husband was a cast member from Real World Boston and is US Congressman. IIRC, he's been on Fox News quite a few times.

Shit is crazy.

It's like people just elect folks because they were regulars on television.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
None that I know of.

However, I do know Rachel from Road Rules (1)? is a regular host on Fox & Friends on the weekends. Her husband was a cast member from Real World Boston and is US Congressman. IIRC, he's been on Fox News quite a few times.

Shit is crazy.

It's like people just elect folks because they were regulars on television.

Lol. Nothing else to say really.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would a dentist be able to decipher that?

It's body language 101: When someone is not comfortable crossing your arms in some way helps you communicate inadvertently that you're not comfortable and that you're putting up a hypothetical wall around you.
Yeah, it is meant as "building a metaphorical wall between you and your dialog partner". Has nothing to do with strength but rather fear, insecurity and being nervous.
In general his gestures and stuff is full of insecurity, being nervous, low confidence and stuff. His horrible sentence structure is probably partially rooted in that as well.

My biggest concern about all of this isn't Trump. We know who he is. There are more like him.

Our system is based on checks and balances. Those checks and balances are broken. If Trump dies of a fast food heart attack today, we're still in deep trouble because another person who dreams of being an corrupt aristocrat will take his place. We've seen this in other countries. Kill off one corrupt leader, someone else will take his place without a checks and balances.

The propaganda from public officials and media that are now back to saying this outrage is overblown due to his walkback (that he's already undermined) is scary. Republicans are cutting off media interviewers and asking us to move forward and stop dividing the country when being asked questions about that 2 hour meeting or why Trump bent a knee to Putin but nobody else. The cover-up for potential treason is scary.
More akin to your country being based on two parties and gentleman agreements that have no writing or legal binding which are now falling apart. =/

Last edited:

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
DLJtJRI.jpg

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of. She is saying the President said "Thank you....no [I am not answering any more questions]......thank you."

What I added in brackets is what we all need to ASSUME he was thinking in his head. Such a bullshit answer.

"He tells it like it is! Except for those times you need a fucking decoder ring to figure it out."

Deleted member 29806

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Kind of. She is saying the President said "Thank you....no [I am not answering any more questions]......thank you."

What I added in brackets is what we all need to ASSUME he was thinking in his head. Such a bullshit answer.
YEP. lmao like we cant get a straight answer from this guy if he doesnt have prepared statments. hes a fucking puppet.
Thank you, it is so hard keep up with this insanity

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to tell a little story. I don't live in the US, never been out of Europe in fact, and my family (parents, not kids or wife) haven't been there either. And yet, they are what you'd define the typical Trump voters. They have an obscene obsession with migrants, gay rights, social matters, obviously in a negative light, and are absolutely allergic to anything resembling the left, who are (according to them and people like them) destroying national identities to sell out to a multicultural open world - which, in their minds, is something to fear, not something to wish for. They believe the most ridiculous conspiracy theories from their side, obviously ignoring as "fake news" anything else from the other: chemtrails, SOROS!!!1!11, Crimea's annexion to Russia was necessary because "foreign agents" were attacking Russia, and so on. You know the drill. They can't be convinced of anything that goes against their narrative, in fact they'd rather spend 2 hours trying to convince anyone that it really is how how the conspiracies say.

This is reason enough for me to avoid political discussions with them - we have completely opposite views, they don't want to be convinced, I don't plan on listening to racist homophobic conspiracy stuff for hours. A good deal, overall. But I figured, since I followed this press conference thing closely (haven't commented in this thread but have read hundreds of replies, and of course read about it elsewhere too), and since the situation is 100% clear (so much that most Republicans are realizing something's not right), I was curious. I mentioned this theme to them, because I was curious to see whether we can finally agree on something. They are not Trump supporters per se, though it must be said they do hate Clinton and everything she represents. There was a chance, in my mind, that we'd finally reach a common ground on a political theme: maybe not in the specifics, but at least with a general "damn, Trump fucked up" conclusion or something.

Never assume. They refuse to believe that what CIA or FBI may have on the Russian collusion are correct, because they are always wrong, citing examples like 9/11 being faked and the lack of WMDs in Iraq (the last one is fair, at least). It's categorically impossible to them that Trump is in Putin's pocket, and if I believe this, it's because it's what the media wants me to believe, and I can't trust any source because it's obviously a giant scheme to sway people's minds. It's pretty ironic coming from people who believe quotes on Facebook without source or conspiracy idiocies like chemtrails that were debunked two decades ago, but it's what it is. There are not Trump supporters per se, but their vision of the world can't accept that the alt-right leader of the USA is in fact compromised, it must be a conspiracy against it.

Now think of people who actually voted for Trump. That get all their news from Fox News or Breitbart. That get their dose of USA conspiracy from shitty Facebook memes, and then go to vote "knowing" that Clinton is a lizard woman who stole 400 million dollars and who did unspeakable treason with her e-mails. I don't think this press conference is going to do any damage to Trump in their supporters' minds, nor in the minds of people who can't accept a world where black people, women, homosexuals, Mexicans, muslims, leftists, etc. have the same rights as "pure" white catholic middle class people. What we watched in this press conference is a disgusting set of pieces that further corroborate what happened between Trump and Putin, but it's only there if you want to see. If you choose to believe bullshit, nothing will change. And I'm not confident this showing will sway enough people. Because some people simply need leaders like Trump, Orban, Erdogan or Putin keeping them on the leash. It's the only way they like it.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Holy Smokes Trump's Cult is vicious.... I wonder if they will ever turn on Trump like this when they finally discover he's a Con Man.

Polaroid_64

Oct 25, 2017
It's still available, just need to watch it on YouTube cause offsite embeds for it are disabled.

Don't bother though, it's just Cavuto reading hate mail from Trump supporters.

Ah ok thanks.

And yeah Trump supporters are completely unreasonable but somehow we are supposed to talk to them and meet in the middle.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember that these people are still the minority. Hillary had almost 3 million more votes than Trump. There are more regular decent people in the country than maniacs -- we just need to find a way to get them to go vote. :p
This is it. It's a safe assumption that those who voted for both Obama and Trump will flip back to voting for democrats this year, as long as they fired up to do so. So that will help somewhat. Moderate conservatives don't like Trump, but they are loyal to the party and will do what the GOP asks of them. And Trump's cult is smaller than people think, they are just obnoxious and loud which I think gives them the appearance of being more popular than they actually are. But, the most important thing is to fire up the democrats to vote. Got to convince the public that the midterms really fucking matter and that their vote will matter. Show them Roy Moore. Blacks turn out and they won the election for a democrat. In fucking Alabama. I really hope this trend of minorities registering to vote is something that happening more and more. This will win the democrats much more of a fighting chance.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember that these people are still the minority. Hillary had almost 3 million more votes than Trump. There are more regular decent people in the country than maniacs -- we just need to find a way to get them to go vote. :p

Technically they are the minority of the people who bothered to vote. I believe it remains to be seen if the people who didn't are good people or not. Given they technically helped bring Trump to the world, it isn't exactly a glowing resume.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
Holy Smokes Trump's Cult is vicious.... I wonder if they will ever turn on Trump like this when they finally discover he's a Con Man.

If that were to happen they would have to admit that they got conned, which is never going to happen. If they are willing to stick by Trump regardless of all the evidence presented already, nothing is going to make them change there minds now.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
They are fundamentally incapable of turning on Trump. It's their cult to believe he's their loving father who is always right.

Yeah. When people buy some idea they hold on to it very tightly. To give an example in 1952 still 30% of germans thought that Hitler had been excellent leader. This was after holocaust, millions upon millions germans dead in war and Germany completely bombed to stone age.