• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
One thing that bothers me. If Putin really wanted Trump to keep on going as his puppet why allow this public blowjob to happen? Why not stage a show where Trump at least appears tough during the press event?

He is literally trolling America. "I own your President, I'm going to show the world I own your President. And there isn't a god damn thing anyone can do about it."

Trump being under his thumb is really one of the few things Putin has going for him politically, he needs to milk this victory to maintain his standing. Many of his decisions, from annexing Crimea to going all-in on Bashar al-Assad to foreign assassinations, have eroded Russia's ability to project and maintain power abroad and made the lives of his kleptocratic allies appreciably more difficult, particularly when it comes to moving and spending their money.

Displays like yesterday are huge reputation and image boosts for his regime.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Russia correctly identified the NRA as a point of leverage with the GOP and directed attention there.

I'm sure they haven't been sleeping on FOX News. There's more coming.

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
Trump being under his thumb is really one of the few things Putin has going for him politically, he needs to milk this victory to maintain his standing. Many of his decisions, from annexing Crimea to going all-in on Bashar al-Assad to foreign assassinations, have eroded Russia's ability to project and maintain power abroad and made the lives of his kleptocratic allies appreciably more difficult, particularly when it comes to moving and spending their money.

Displays like yesterday are huge reputation and image boosts for his regime.
Yep, I don't think the Summit was for Trumps sake, but rather it was Putin declaring to the world that America now belongs to him, so don't mess with Russia.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Russia correctly identified the NRA as a point of leverage with the GOP and directed attention there.

I'm sure they haven't been sleeping on FOX News. There's more coming.

Fox News has an army of apologists for Russia that they bring through occasionally. I imagine it's not long until we get some proof that Russian operatives were "tipping off" Fox News with various leads for stories. The fact that the NRA was so brazen in allowing Russian operatives to meet with them and be such a huge part of their organization and outreach is shocking.

OP
OP
Blue Lou

Blue Lou

Oct 26, 2017
And to think, I was considering not creating a thread for this conference thinking no one would really care. 23 pages later and c. 200k views.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
Even Fox news hosts coming out against this. Republican senators also coming out against it, one even calling it treasonous...

I know most of you lot don't like Philip Defranco, but his video about this was spot on.

Either Trump is perhaps the greatest idiot to have ever existed, his ego is so massive that he can't even accept the idea that Russia worked to help him win, or he colluded. He either did or he knows that his campaign colluded and he is doing everything possible to set the idea up that this was a setup.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even Fox news hosts coming out against this. Republican senators also coming out against it, one even calling it treasonous...

I know most of you lot don't like Philip Defranco, but his video about this was spot on.

Either Trump is perhaps the greatest idiot to have ever existed, his ego is so massive that he can't even accept the idea that Russia worked to help him win, or he colluded. He either did or he knows that his campaign colluded and he is doing everything possible to set the idea up that this was a setup.

It's a load of shit because come like...Wednesday it'll be business as usual.

Oct 27, 2017

I love how everyone is like "He must know his campaign colluded."

This sentiment will one day be seen as hilariously naive. Not only did he know...HE IS THE COORDINATOR. The Russian oligarchs/mafia/state, they own him...since the late 80s / early 90s. This was directed by his financiers (a.k.a. Russia) from the beginning. He is under their thumb and has been for decades.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
I love how everyone is like "He must know his campaign colluded."

This sentiment will one day be seen as hilariously naive. Not only did he know...HE IS THE COORDINATOR. The Russian oligarchs/mafia/state, they own him...since the late 80s / early 90s. This was directed by his financiers (a.k.a. Russia) from the beginning. He is under their thumb and has been for decades.

It's not naive, it's the only way we can comprehend the stupidity. Either he is a mastermind who has continued to dupe everyone, or he's an idiot who can't get anything down.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
Because people should've had the sense to vote for her when they very well know what the alternative was. You all fucking wanted Trump, you ALL sold your country out.

I also blame the 57% of registered voters that sat on their asses inside of their apartments & inside of their houses & didn't bother to get up & vote for Hillary at all.

At least I can say that I did my part & voted for her. I hate Trump with a passion.

Jan 2, 2018
I think no one is laughing anymore in Europe. We are getting more and more terrified. At least I am.

Same here. I was laughing at first, but seeing the most powerful country in the world and also our ally for hundreds of years fall into the hands of a dictator is fucking scary.

I hope EU gets it's shit together and starts spending way more money on defense immediately. Too bad we have our right wing populist countries like Hungary and Poland who would love to bend down to Putin as well.

And to be honest, Putin is a fucking mastermind.

Zeb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He seriously can't lose. Putin is Parker Lewis.
It totally depends on what attitude will be towards him after Trump is out of office. If the new American government and Congress are REALLY angry they can't start implementing more extreme sanctions that can further cripple our economy.

But in my eyes Putin did a really good service to US and American people should be grateful to him.

1)He exposed the level of corruption in circles of power and showed how weak your system of checks and balances is.
2) He showed who is who in US, now Americans have no illusions of shared values and so on. All problems lay bare out there, you can't ignore them, you HAVE to find a solution.
3)Americans seem finally to wake up politically and fucking vote and do stuff. I mean I vote and I know that the people I support will never win here because the game is rigged but most Americans can influence their lives (still can, lol) but for some reason chose not to. That's weak sauce.

Putin gave your nation a much needed kick in the ass. Now you can try to fix stuff or continue to slide into corporate authocratic hell. Choose some decent people to represent you, not those half wits who pretend to be left while they are really quite right on most issues. Or at least remove these clowns from the office, lol.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've honestly forgotten what was it like to have the US being led by a competent President. Say what you want about GWB but he was at the very least fit to lead and behave like a POTUS. I should've paid closer attention before Trump brought his circus with him.

hEist

Oct 26, 2017
I hope EU gets it's shit together and starts spending way more money on defense immediately. Too bad we have our right wing populist countries like Hungary and Poland who would love to bend down to Putin as well.

Poland is the last country that will bend down to Putin. You don't know, how much they hate russians.
They were always a "fan" of the US, not so much about in the Obama times (curious why...). But that doesn't mean, they are also a fan of russia/putin.
I didn't watch the polish news the last couple days, so i can't say anything, what the reactions are after the summit. But i think, the pl. goverment is very sceptical.

But they will never ever bend the knee for russia/putin. Believe me.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
It totally depends on what attitude will be towards him after Trump is out of office. If the new American government and Congress are REALLY angry they can't start implementing more extreme sanctions that can further cripple our economy.

But in my eyes Putin did a really good service to US and American people should be grateful to him.

1)He exposed the level of corruption in circles of power and showed how weak your system of checks and balances is.
2) He showed who is who in US, now Americans have no illusions of shared values and so on. All problems lay bare out there, you can't ignore them, you HAVE to find a solution.
3)Americans seem finally to wake up politically and fucking vote and do stuff. I mean I vote and I know that the people I support will never win here because the game is rigged but most Americans can influence their lives (still can, lol) but for some reason chose not to. That's weak sauce.

Putin gave your nation a much needed kick in the ass. Now you can try to fix stuff or continue to slide into corporate authocratic hell. Choose some decent people to represent you, not those half wits who pretend to be left while they are really quite right on most issues. Or at least remove these clowns from the office, lol.

All of this assumes our future elections will be fair, and that, should they lose, the GOP will surrender power. Neither are certainties.

thefragrance

Avenger
Dec 18, 2017
The amount of people literally still pulling B U T H E R E M A I L S itt is so fucking bizarre. These people need to stop beating around the bush and just flat out say they fully support Russia and donald fucking trump. Just be done with it, dudes

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Same here. I was laughing at first, but seeing the most powerful country in the world and also our ally for hundreds of years fall into the hands of a dictator is fucking scary.

Austria is heavy right-wing at the moment, AfD in Germany gets stronger, right-wing sentiments get more and more popularity in all European countries.

You really can't blame anyone if the two world's most powerful and stable democracies - USA and UK have lead the path with this nonsense. The whole world is going down the shitter, there was no world war for too long and people are getting bored

And yeah, Poland might have conservative populist fucks running the country at the moment, but Warsaw treats (rightly so) Moscow as its biggest threat and enemy, so no way for a deal here. Hungary on the other hand...

Btw. Poland is one of the biggest advocates of the idea of a EU army, noone cares about it though. Why should Spain and Portugal spend their resources on a war with Russia?

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Just woke up to all this debacle

Isn't it time for North America to do something already? You guys are the laughing stock of Europe.

Not with a Republican majority in power, they love Trump allows them to pass any crazy bill they want. They don't care how much damage is done to the country as long as they get their pockets lined.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Last time I checked we still had to deal with Poland, Romania, Hungary and Italy.

Not to mention that Brexit thing and the ever present threat of LePen.

I'm not laughing at those because unlike Trump, Salvini and Orban are smart and know how to play the game.

She quoting herself now? Man, and here I thought she couldn't cringe stoop lower than that Hot sauce in her bag swag bit.

Look at that bitch eating crackers

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
Putin is playing the long game, first he neuters the UK by taking us out of the EU, now he is taking America out of NATO and I don't think it will be long before America starts withdrawing troops from Europe. This is all about making Russia the big boys, have them politically start taking back their former states piece by piece knowing the UK and America will sit back and let it happen.

This isn't about Russia controlling the USA, it's about making the EU weak.

It's actually hilarious you make him out to be a super villian responsible for all the trouble in the West. Brexit is on middle England and Trump is on America not hiding it's racist under belly anymore.

It maybe sucks having to take a wee look in the mirror but let's not look to make up fantasy stories so you don't have to admit your country might be a bit shit. Trump could come out tomorrow and denounce Vlad and walk away from office and the US would still be in almost exactly the same place just with everyone going back to pretending everything is great and you get to be the "good guys" again

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
KcoNXf7.jpg

If this wasn't so utterly depressing and scary it'd almost be funny.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Russia's ahead of classic dictatorships. They realized that social media would be more subtle and more effective than any reeducation camp, and played things brilliantly. Incredibly evil, but brilliant.
.....................................................................jesus christ...........

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
By the way I thought that Putin is really small, but he does not look like that next to Trump. But that is not an issue. Putin, even how much I dislike him is really smart. Which something which cannot be said about other leaders in the world, maybe China president or dictator is also smart, but I haven't seen interview with him. And that scares me.

I all for USA:Russia peace, because who would not be, but fuck me. Trump against Putin is like paperweight against someone with masters degree. Which is pretty scary since I am from small country in Europe.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Is this referring to that soccer ball he tossed to Melania?
you tired? it's referring to him being more loyal to (and defending) the Russians and Putin than to the US agencies that serve and protection America (you know, the country he is sworn to defend).

She quoting herself now? Man, and here I thought she couldn't cringe stoop lower than that Hot sauce in her bag swag bit.
WUT

Look at that bitch eating crackers
lmao

it was not a compliment.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It doesn't. Just find it an extremely juvenile way to prove a point. They're politicians not school kids.
glad you're able to focus on the things that really matter. critiquing Hillary's quoting of her earlier observation is definitely worth spending time talking about and not the state of compromise of an American President and its impact and consequences on geopolitics.

always able to see the forest for the trees, aren't ya

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
He
One thing that bothers me. If Putin really wanted Trump to keep on going as his puppet why allow this public blowjob to happen? Why not stage a show where Trump at least appears tough during the press event?

He is literally trolling America. "I own your President, I'm going to show the world I own your President. And there isn't a god damn thing anyone can do about it."

It was about normalizing Putin and Russia in households and gauging the reactions to maintain control. It was a show of force.

Last edited: