• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready to make a concession to get the government open again:

I'm willing to trade John Wall for 5 feet of border wall. Deal?

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just tell him you'll give him a wall but don't actually factor it into the budget

There's no way he or his administration reads the stuff given to them

Oct 27, 2017
They would if Senator Turtle would actually allow anything to be up for vote. But right now he is even shutting down votes that he actually voted for. We really need someone to put the fire under his ass and make him explain himself.

Is there no check against this kind of stonewalling? I was going to ask "why can't they just go around Trump" and I saw that was answered, but it seems insane that at any point there is a single point of failure like McConnell just sitting on his ass.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Is there no check against this kind of stonewalling? I was going to ask "why can't they just go around Trump" and I saw that was answered, but it seems insane that at any point there is a single point of failure like McConnell just sitting on his ass.

Again, its up to Senate GOP. They could force a revolt against his leadership in-caucus and get a new guy who would but like when there was a one-seat lead where any backbencher GOP could be King or Queen of DC, it seems he has some hold on them of a sort or other that nips that sort of hard dealing...

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to think so, but if they support Trump, they probably will let him have the land, and then pass over their teenage daughter to thank him.

South Texas is not Republican, let alone pro-Trump. Why does everyone think Texas is some sort of monolith?

I mean, here's 2016. If you think the people who actually live anywhere near the border want that fucking wall, you're drinking the Fox News Kool-Aid.

350px-Texas_Presidential_Election_Results_2016.svg.png

Oct 27, 2017
South Texas is not Republican, let alone pro-Trump. Why does everyone think Texas is some sort of monolith?

I mean, here's 2016. If you think the people who actually live anywhere near the border want that fucking wall, you're drinking the Fox News Kool-Aid.

I don't think it's a monolith. As a Texan, I'm used to being disappointed by my neighbors.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

Seriously. South Texas is culturally it's own thing and the size of a lot of states. Mostly Hispanic and liberal, but not the same type of liberal as Austin.

Also if you look at percentage statewide, Texas is purple with a red hue. People weren't voting so it didn't show the change over time, but beto got people out to vote and it is 52/48. Texas will become a swing state soon, and in about 15 years become solid blue at least by today's political landscape.

It will be that soon. All of the big cities are growing fast. Way faster than the country. Austin metro area is expected to double in 15 years.