• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Making it a bit more insulting, the late Chester Bennington absolutely despised Trump and openly spoke out against him.

This Monday will be three years since he passed.

After the video was taken down, Mike Shinoda liked the above 2015 tweet from Chester.

And then he liked this:

(Edit: The tweet Mike liked is no longer available as the owner made his account private. It simply said, "Bye," alongside a screen shot of the message saying that Trump's video was taken down. I assume he was being harassed by Trump supporters. In its place, I've instead put an Instagram post from LP's Joe Hahn.)

With the number of times bands have told him not to use his music or issued copyright claims on his ads, one would think he might stop using licensed music in his ads. Then again, he's not a smart man.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
EdPZsZCU4AAxeZ3

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
I heard the song they used is a QAnon dogwhistle, because those people think the deep state had Bennington killed. Is this accurate?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It pissed me off so much when I saw this, considering Chester's views on the bastard. Trump has no right using Linkin Park's music.

also that reminds me that the 20th will mark 3 years since Chester's death (also my bday...)
Christ it's already been three years. :( (also happy birthday!)

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
What do you mean, I have to pay for stuff? I just stretch out my tiny hands and get stuff for free! I thought this was America!

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He won't run out of bands because (and correct me if I'm wrong) some of these artists don't own the rights to their work. And if that's the case and if the rights owners don't care one way or another, then Trump gets to keep using their songs.

I do love it when they all come out and tell him to fuck off though. Chester was right, Donald Trump wound up a greater threat than any terrorist could have ever hoped to achieve....though I suppose they're enjoying the end result regardless.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Here's how I feel about Trump and his corrupt ilk:

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels... upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop!

And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!"

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Chester would kick Trump's orange ass up and down the street if he were alive to see that. Glad they shut it down so quickly.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Also the QAnon nuts think that Chester was Podesta's (yes, that Podesta) secret kid who Podesta molested, which led to Bennington's suicide.

Oct 25, 2017
This(the 2nd video in a tweet from the comments section) is what the video showed, I believe. More Trump idiocy, but with copyright infringed music.

no, i saw the video. i meant the second one that mike shinoda liked after the video was taken down

Not suspended. He made his account private. I assume he was being harassed by Trump supporters.

It simply said "Bye" with a screen shot of Trump's removed video.

when i click the link, it gives me this, so i can't even follow it to the locked account

XFgF1Ik.png

guess twitter can't gracefully handle links to specific tweets from locked accounts. but thanks! that person speaks for all of us lol

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for them to use American Idiot next to critique lazy Joe Biden

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
Someone should take that video and give it a Youtube Poop treatment. It'll be more fitted for Trump that way.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Trumpers chased off Shinoda and turned the song into their own twisted rally cry.

These people are just insane.

Just get Ted Nugent at this point, everyone is literally saying no to you. You can't just sneak a song to rallies at this point and not get shit.

I swear he's gonna pull the Born in the USA card.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This reply is... wow

That isn't real
thehill.com

Fake congressman fools people on Twitter

Rep. Steven Smith (R-Ga.) is getting quite a lot of attention on Twitter.

Rep. Steven Smith (R-Ga.) is getting quite a lot of attention on Twitter.

The self-described "Tea Party Patriot" (@RepStevenSmith) has nearly 5,000 followers, and like other lawmakers, he likes to engage with the public.

But there's one catch: He's not in Congress.

Smith's Twitter profile says he's a Republican representative of Georgia's 15th district. However, there is no such district in the Peach State. His listed congressional website, smith.house.gov, isn't real.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
I hate copyright takedowns as a concept, but occasionally even a broken clock will strike the right time.