• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
giphy.gif

It checks out like we've always said.
A nice summary of the administration so far

HomokHarcos

Jul 11, 2018
Canada
"In white supremacists' minds, nothing he can do is as heinous as Obama having the skin he was born with. His supporters think the nation asked for this, and they're trying to shame the nation into never supporting a non-white male again."

Paraphrasing a Reddit comment I saw

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
To be clear, for those not reading the article:

-the deadly Charlottesville violence happened on August 11th, 2017

-Trump didn't give a shit for a day or so, then finally gave a press conference during which he said that both sides (Nazis & counter protesters) had "some fine people" and more or less said the Nazis were better, actually

-by the 14th, the backlash was getting hot and his advisors got him to give this speech in which he said:

"Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to what we hold dear as Americans," Trump said in a surprise statement from the Diplomatic Reception Room.

-according to today's revelation from Woodward's new book, he then told the advisors who'd made him do it (possibly right after the speech) that it was "the worst speech he's ever given" and "the worst fucking mistake I've made". (and a couple days later had a crazy, nasty press conference where he backpedaled on the condemnation and made it clear he hadn't meant it)

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
So wait.

Condemning WHITE SUPREMACISTS was your biggest mistake.

So basically, instead of the counterprotestors, the FUCKING NAZIS are the good guys.

Fuck this racist shitbag.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I'm leaning towards those old rumors about Trump having a book of Hitler's speeches as a treasured possession to be true. I also predict that unless there's a major crackdown on the GOP soon, the mainstream Republican Party will be openly using the swastika and other nazi imagery and slogans within five years. It's become obvious that there is at least a significant portion of the party that have been dying to come out of the closet as neo-nazis for ages, and they're trying to make this era their coming out party. Let's poop that party hard.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
I'd rather have a fucking civil war than allow the kremlin and the klan to pack nazi judges at all levels of U.S. federal court and supreme.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any elaboration on why he feels that way?

Charitably, could he have meant he regrets his handling of the entire episode (aka he shouldn't have both sides'd it) and because he garbles and rambles, it just came out this way?

Despite what everyone here wants to believe (grrr he's racist!) it's far more likely he regrets it for political reasons more than anything.

We need to compile a list of all the racist shit this dbag has done before and during his term so we can hit posts like these with the 3 mile long list of shit he's done and said and ask these posters if they are REALLY willing to ignore the obvious in all those dozens and DOZENS of instances instead of just admitting the obvious.

He isn't accidentally walking into these racist ass situations by accident, jesus christ people.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
We need to compile a list of all the racist shit this dbag has done before and during his term so we can hit posts like these with the 3 mile long list of shit he's done and said and ask these posters if they are REALLY willing to ignore the obvious in all those dozens and DOZENS of instances instead of just admitting the obvious.

He isn't accidentally walking into these racist ass situations by accident, jesus christ people.
There was a reddit thread that compiled the large chunk of racist stuff he's done before he was even elected lol.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Was that the "good and bad people on both sides" shit?

Nah this was separate.

http://time.com/4899810/donald-trump-charlottesville/

President Donald Trump sharply condemned racist, white supremacist, and neo-Nazi sympathizers on Monday afternoon, after nearly 48 hours of bipartisan criticism over his response to the weekend's violent clashes in Charlottesville, Va.

boom.

So without any context, not sure if he means this. Or the Both sides. Probably this because hes a racist scumfuck.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Despite what everyone here wants to believe (grrr he's racist!) it's far more likely he regrets it for political reasons more than anything.
What specific political benefit does the 45th president of the united states have for sticking to his guns and making sure that violence at an actual nazi parade is only half blamed on nazis?
Your substance-free statement exists halfway between "I don't believe the president is a white supremacist" and "It's just politics, the politics of placating white supremacists," a non-committal half-assed defense to bury any discussion of whether or not racism is a firmly-held belief in the executive branch, a feeble deflection that wants the world to ignore the context of all the other times 45 has been blatantly racist, signed racist things into law, and hired openly racist goons to serve next to the seat of a global superpower.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Is this implying Trump isn't racist?
That's how I took it. Apparently there are still some folks who want to go to bat for him and say "he's not ACTUALLY racist, he just has a support base full of racists and doesn't want to make them angry". Which, of course, requires one to ignore decades of Trump's public conduct before he ventured into public office in the first place.

I don't think we need to psychoanalyze why Trump is particularly upset about this.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
How has it come to this as a society? All my hopes of signs pointing to things being more progressive are completely ruined. Racist shit is never going to stop and this news will just further empower those that love this guy.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would it be sarcasm?
Why would he need to clarify and why do you need this clarified when it's obvious that he's a racist or at best, using racism to get the racist vote. The only ambiguity revolves around the level on which he's courting them.

What I want to know us why you're dropping these types of JAQ posts whenever racism comes into play lately.

BinaryAssault

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
User Banned (Permanent) Dismissive Attitude Towards Racism and Arguing in Bad Faith. Junior account.
It's 2018, if you can't see that him and his supporters are giant racists - newsflash - you're racist too.

Yeeeaaahhhhh, that's not how racism works but thanks for coming out. Is this what this forum has become? This Uber progressive and inclusive forum? "Wah I disagree with you so you are RACIST SIR!" It's amazing how big of a deal racism is to people here but at the slightest misgiving, they are ready to accuse others of being racist.

All I'm saying is it goes deeper than him just being racist. People on this forum love to just chucking out the most basic of explanations when shit just doesn't work like that.

As I've already said multiple times he most likely regrets potentially alienating that group of people due to the votes and support he may have lost. Not simply because "huh, I'm racist and they are racist and I feel bad for chuckin shit at my racist bredren".

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Trump truly is the worst. There is no hyperbole.

Wonder what the spin will be besides..."these are lies."

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I guess I don't even remember what Dumbass Donald thinks was his biggest fucking mistake.

All I remember is "very fine people on both sides".

I mean, who cares, right? 45 is a racist, and his base is racist. It doesn't matter what he says on the topic, the facts are there.

BinaryAssault

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
What specific political benefit does the 45th president of the united states have for sticking to his guns and making sure that violence at an actual nazi parade is only half blamed on nazis?
Your substance-free statement exists halfway between "I don't believe the president is a white supremacist" and "It's just politics, the politics of placating white supremacists," a non-committal half-assed defense to bury any discussion of whether or not racism is a firmly-held belief in the executive branch, a feeble deflection that wants the world to ignore the context of all the other times 45 has been blatantly racist, signed racist things into law, and hired openly racist goons to serve next to the seat of a global superpower.

Maybe I could've worded it better but he most certainly is racist and has pulled racist shit long before he was even president. Judging by the way his decision making has been previously I can see his regret being from his percieved loss of support and votes however. That would also explain his previous "both sides" statement. "Wouldn't want to single any one group out in case there is a loss of votes and support so I guess I'll just blame both?"

Oct 27, 2017
Yeeeaaahhhhh, that's not how racism works but thanks for coming out. Is this what this forum has become? This Uber progressive and inclusive forum? "Wah I disagree with you so you are RACIST SIR!" It's amazing how big of a deal racism is to people here but at the slightest misgiving, they are ready to accuse others of being racist.

All I'm saying is it goes deeper than him just being racist. People on this forum love to just chucking out the most basic of explanations when shit just doesn't work like that.

As I've already said multiple times he most likely regrets potentially alienating that group of people due to the votes and support he may have lost. Not simply because "huh, I'm racist and they are racist and I feel bad for chuckin shit at my racist bredren".
Are his racist supporters going to abandon him because of that statement? I think they aren't because they don't consider themselves racist.

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
Of course a racist, white supremacist, would have reservations about calling out other racist, white supremacist Nazis.

BinaryAssault

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Are his racist supporters going to abandon him because of that statement? I think they aren't because they don't consider themselves racist.

Hmm that's an interesting argument actually! I think when people have a person in power who holds the same idealogies as them (no matter how twisted) and the person in power suddenly turns around and says stuff like the Don said I do think there could be backlash. I imagine some would feel betrayed.

BinaryAssault

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
If you ignore all the racist shit he says and supports.

Regardless of the long history of racist things he has said and supported I think his regret goes a bit deeper than a surface level "I regret saying that about my fellow racists". Hence why I think it's actually the political ramifications he regrets. Which in many ways is actually more detestable.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would he need to clarify and why do you need this clarified when it's obvious that he's a racist or at best, using racism to get the racist vote. The only ambiguity revolves around the level on which he's courting them.

What I want to know us why you're dropping these types of JAQ posts whenever racism comes into play lately.

I didn't mean to imply he would clarify anything. I'm talking about the relative lack of information and authentication provided that renders this tidbit politically useless and not deserving of the attention it might otherwise merit.

As for JAQ posts, I have literally never heard that term before. What does this mean?