• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Ninjas, not Samurai, cut down missiles. Trump is such an idiot he doesn't even know the difference

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Ninjas, not Samurai, cut down missiles. Trump is such an idiot he doesn't even know the difference

maxresdefault.jpg

scrubadam

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well it would be like someone saying the american's are a country of Navy Seals or Marines. Japan history does include Samurai Warriors and they are very well known for their proficiency in war, but it does honestly sound like something too stupid for even Trump to say.

As far as shooting down the missile I agree. Japan could show to NK that even if they fired they can take out NK's missels. If NK is going to saber rattle let Japan rattle back. They are in just as much if not more danger than the USA. Both SK and Japan have more to fear from NK then the United States and the biggest fear from NK is more that any fight with them will cause attacks in the pacific and 1000's to Millions of deaths there and not so much in the USA.

Mj1108

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently before the trip they were afraid he was going to say something stupid on the trip.

It only took him less than a day.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Well it would be like someone saying the american's are a country of Navy Seals or Marines. Japan history does include Samurai Warriors and they are very well known for their proficiency in war, but it does honestly sound like something too stupid for even Trump to say.

As far as shooting down the missile I agree. Japan could show to NK that even if they fired they can take out NK's missels. If NK is going to saber rattle let Japan rattle back. They are in just as much if not more danger than the USA. Both SK and Japan have more to fear from NK then the United States and the biggest fear from NK is more that any fight with them will cause attacks in the pacific and 1000's to Millions of deaths there and not so much in the USA.
Everyone knows Americans are cowboys.

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Do you understand why Trump's claim of 97% accuracy with one interceptor and 100% with two is wildly, wildly optimistic and even the military's estimate of 97% with four is likely inflated, based on optimistic math + tests in ideal conditions + assuming failures are independent?

Yeah, sorry didn't know he meant 97% each missile lol.

NK knowing that they will be able to do devastating damage to the U.S and our allies with their missiles changes a lot.

This depends on the type of missile. The ICBM ones are the only ones we really aren't too sure of intercepting.

Practically our missile defense system's effectiveness still changes nothing unless they decide to first strike.

GUTS

Oct 26, 2017
I mean.. he has the greatest memory of all time and he's like a smart person so...

I dunno what to say anymore..

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
If they have the ability to fight off giant Kaiju, why can't they knock down one measly missile? Come on folks!

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Hahahaha I'm dying here....samurai warrior's.... Hahahaha

It still baffles me how a country can make this man its leader

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
The dude who usually rides on top of a jet fighter and cuts missiles with his katana took the day off coincidentally. He said next time he'd be ready. I think his name was Bob.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Samurai warriors?!? Tell me that isn't an actual quote. Please. Because that is just unimaginably ignorant.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna get flamed for this but gonna have to agree with Trump on this.

Japanese steel can cut through virtually anything given proper momentum and control. If you swing a well crafted blade fast enough, it can unleash an 'air cut' so to speak that would easily dismantle any missile. It boils down to basic physics (i.e. potential energy unleashed into kinetic energy.
So you are telling me anime was right in my this regard?

Serious question too.

Also awesome fun fact, thanks for this.

Deleted member 3345

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey republicans, trump is literally asking you guys to impeach his dumbass, he doesn't want to be there anymore.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Is trump a MGS:R fan?
I wish this quote is real, cause it does look a bit onion-ish but it IS trump after all.

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
Guys, about the samurai warriors comment, is that an actual quote? Is there something that can back that up, like audio or a written transcript?

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
a failed intercept would make Japan look prone to attack, undermine the US's defensive capabilities as well as the confidence in our projected umbrellas by allied countries. it would be unwise to show our capabilities, as the failure to intercept would greatly diminish confidence in our protective roll and our projected power. this would massage fear into our allies, perhaps into greater concessions with NK, while making us look like a paper tiger. what might be a best case scenario for the US military would be if NK struck first, or if these missile tests were much more frequent and numerous than now. while a failure to intercept an actual first strike might show vulnerability, it would give complete justification to wipe out the Kim regime. So while Japan getting hit would be bad, completely obliterating NK in retaliation would mostly allow the US to maintain its perceived military strength and commitment to its allies. Failed attempt to intercept missiles aimed at the sea = showing weakness while not getting the justification required to retaliate.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"The U.S. president said he could not understand why a country of samurai warriors did not shoot down the missiles, the sources said."
Oh my fucking god.

Beef Stallmer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I probably hate trump more than you guys, but I believe he is right in this case. Cowering in fear watching a cruise missile fly over, praying that there won't be more coming at actual targets is no way to behave for a nation that once consisted of samurai with codes of honor and shit. Japan should protect it's people.

I would be pissed at my government if they allowed Russian cruise missiles to fly over my country. It is literally a weapon illegally entering your countries airspace. The Japanese should have intercepted the cruise missile.

It gives a clear message: don't fly cruise missiles over our airspace. What kind of message does allowing it give?

Bitsmurch

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just a question.

If a country fired a missle over America after firing a couple in Americas general direction when Obama was in charge what do people honestly think would have happened?

Also whatever did happen would probably happen after a big elaborate speech about the strength and heritage of Americas fighting forces.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
shoulda just straight up sliced that shit with their magic swords amirite mr president

or use one o'them gun-dams to send that shit into space

goddamn