• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
In his demented, syphilis ravaged mind I'm guessing he thought that he was paying a compliment.
He was trying to tap into the idea that Japan is a country that produced brave and powerful warriors, so where is that "samurai spirit"?--so to speak. He's making a direct reference to the "manliness" of the Japanese. It's the kind of comment that extreme nationalists who want militarization enjoy. I can imagine they're sitting back thinking "EXACTLY! THANK YOU finally someone says it! we had an army, we fought the mongolians, the koreans, the chinese, why don't we have a military??????" It's the type of direct challenge to one's masculinity that makes someone react in a knee-jerk fashion. I think he might either have been genuinely surprised that Japan is not being aggressive, or he's taunting the Japanese and insulting their sense of masculinity and pride. Either one would not surprise me

Dubloon7

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
so if any other dumb shit in this world calls the US is a country of gun toting Christians/jews Trump and his dipshit fanbase will suck the seawater and Putin's dick by how salty they will be in how dumb they are and their comments reflect their own retardation?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
so if any other dumb shit in this world calls the US is a country of gun toting Christians/jews Trump and his dipshit fanbase will suck the seawater and Putin's dick by how salty they will be in how dumb they are and their comments reflect their own retardation?

d4mKNiC.jpg

TojoT

Oct 30, 2017
I was about to repost the image melder until I saw the first comment on the tweet. It's another video of the situation. Abe dumps his box first, Trump just follows suit (in a more childish way). Video is here: http://www.afpbb.com/articles/-/3149438 (skip to around 1:00).

The picture is funny, but don't like how the image/tweet misrepresents the situation. The video three posts above even zooms in to to hide that Abe dumped it first. I'm certain there'll be plenty of real dumb situations during his Asia trip. No need to perpetuate a false narrative.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
See, Trump is just proving how ignorant he is. Everyone knows that samurai are a thing of the past. Magical schoolgirls have protected the nation for the last few decades.

Nezumi

Oct 25, 2017
Hessen, Germany
Second, that's going to empower any sorta right wing movement in Japan. Great.

Jupp, as crazy as Trump's comment sounds there is a certain element in Japan that exactly thinks along these lines. Trump saying stuff like this will only embolden Abe even further to push for his military reform when he thinks he can get the support of America. I don't think he has any problem to put up with a "baka gaijin" like Trump. As a matter of fact I think that the patient politeness that a lot of Japanese display when dealing with foreigners might be exactly the right approach to butter up to Trump to get his support for your own agendas.