• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
There's no way this fucker is not hacking the elections. As soon as he's a civilian his ass is hopefully going to prison from the NY investigations. If he remains president with his Republican Senate goons then he's untouchable for another 4 years.

I think if Trump gets a second term, America had better prepare for new laws that state Ex-Presidents are immune from prosecution, or, that he is the last American President before the position changed to a familial monarchy.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Not surprised at all. If those fools labeled the Democrats don't impeach him they'll lose the little credibility they have left.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Everyday he becomes more "self impeachable" as if to "taunt" the democrats.

It's likely not to taunt them, it's simpler than that.

Trump is a man who has done nothing but fail upwards his entire life. He was been guilty of crimes and caught red-handed his entire life. And he's been given a pass thanks to his perceived harmlessness his entire life. Trump has known nothing, nothing, but "getting away with it" his entire life. And spineless Dems in Congress (because, no, Nancy, zingers do not equal a spine) are just the latest players in this man's life who are seeing the bullshit this man pulls, have the power to hold him to task, and are going "...eh? He's not worth it."

So if you're Trump, why not? Why the fuck not?

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
I just hold out hope that one day everything hits at one time and he is blindsided, but he basically has all of the control and blatantly telling the world he is going to do this come 2020.

He will go to jail if he leaves office. He is not losing that election. Again, polling means nothing when you can manipulate the final score.

May 29, 2019
It's likely not to taunt them, it's simpler than that.

Trump is a man who has done nothing but fail upwards his entire life. He was been guilty of crimes and caught red-handed his entire life. And he's been given a pass thanks to his perceived harmlessness his entire life. Trump has known nothing, nothing, but "getting away with it" his entire life. And spineless Dems in Congress (because, no, Nancy, zingers do not equal a spine) are just the latest players in this man's life who are seeing the bullshit this man pulls, have the power to hold him to task, and are going "...eh? He's not worth it."

So if you're Trump, why not? Why the fuck not?

Impeachment by the House will not remove the president. What step(s) do you see after impeachment passes the house? If the Senate balks, he continues unabated. An asterisk beside 45 will mean less than most. I want him under the jail along with those that are empowering him.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
We just concluded a 2 year long investigation into his campaign colluding with Russia, where he denied it daily, calling it a Witch Hunt, and now he's saying he would do it without any hesitation.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I respectfully disagree that people know. I hope that your faith in this political process holding him to task has a net positive.

I'm going to quote myself here only because we were just discussing this in the politics thread. Basically, there are plenty of good reasons for Dems to go through with impeachment even if the Senate won't indict him:

1) It's the right thing to do. The party that runs on doing the right thing and governing should...well, probs do that idk.

2) Having to deal with an impeachment inquiry might be the only tool Dems have at this point to take Trump and his administration's focus away from further shitting all over our democracy. It'll signal to the despots in The Executive that, waitaminute, there might be some consequences to all of this shit.

3) Opening an impeachment inquiry is the ONLY tool Dems have to wrestle the bullhorn away from Trump. They will not command a single news cycle with closed door hearings. They will command months worth if this were under the umbrella of a real deal impeachment.

4) Because it bears repeating, it's the right thing to do. And the base needs to know we didn't work our asses off getting these suits elected for nothing.

As someone who works for Democrats on the ground, a commonly heard sentiment is that we wish Democrats in Congress cared even HALF as much about keeping their base motivated as Republicans do.

Last edited:

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I dunno why he would when he won the election last time, did not suffer a single consequence, and continues to not suffer any consequences. If anything he's going to solicit more foreign aid for round 2020. But no, Pelosi, it's just not worth impeaching him.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Impeachment by the House will not remove the president. What step(s) do you see after impeachment passes the house? If the Senate balks, he continues unabated. An asterisk beside 45 will mean less than most. I want him under the jail along with those that are empowering him.
The bolded is such a silly argument.

If the House does nothing, he continues unabated. Guaranteed. No downsides for him.

If the House investigates for a year and impeached, and the Senate acquits, he could continue unabated as an executive impeached after a nasty, attention-sucking investigation.

Why is the latter bad or somehow not preferable.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
I like your thinking.

I don't like the thinking of those who never think to do this.

I also worry that there's a dearth of pro-impeachment calls (respectful yet pushy) to sway minds or reassure the worried, or that there's wacko GOP lifelongs bombarding their phones threatening if it does come to pass.

As we gaze deeper into The Heart of Darkness, wilting pressure could stall everything out. Cascading despair is right out, of course.

May 29, 2019
1) It's the right thing to do. The party that runs on doing the right thing and governing should...well, probs do that idk.

2) Having to deal with an impeachment inquiry might be the only tool Dems have at this point to take Trump and his administration's focus away from further shitting all over our democracy. It'll signal to the despots in The Executive that, waitaminute, there might be some consquences to all of this shit.

3) Opening an impeachment inquiry is the ONLY tool Dems have to wrestle the bullhorn away from Trump. They will not command a single news cycle with closed door hearings. They will command months worth if this were under the umbrella of a real deal impeachment.

4) Because it bears repeating, it's the right thing to do. And the base needs to know we didn't work our asses off getting these suits elected for nothing.

I completely agree with your 3rd point.

The-Demon

Alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
He'a going to win the next election isnt he.....
My hope is that Sheer can fuck right off, hope Libs pull it off this year.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
lR11m2R.png

lmao

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
So... I'm coming around on the contempt people have for Nancy Pelosi. I don't understand what the fuck her problem is, at this point.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
He's the logical end point of the wealthy being treated as if they are never at fault for anything. He's not had significant repercussions for anything in his life, no wonder he thinks he can get away with anything.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
He's the logical end point of the wealthy being treated as if they are never at fault for anything. He's not had significant repercussions for anything in his life, no wonder he thinks he can get away with anything.
Not like our government will. He has henchmen at every level but the House and Pelosi isn't willing to do much more than finger wag and fake concern.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Did the orange take some speech coherence lessons? I was able to follow what he said for a change.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He has suffered no consequences, put stooges here and there, why would he change, he has got away with everything so far, made a fortune out of it and probably out of sheer embarrassment, the establishment will probably let him off the hook as usual.