• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
CNBC

I don't want to talk about the news story but can we discuss how much power this ONE person has over 300million + Americans and billions of people globally.

Everytime he talks about tariff, if its positive, market pumps and dumps if its negative. So today or rest of this week is going to be red day.

This is absolutely madness, i have seen this happen so many times in last year its straight up criminal. If you are trump relative, or friend. All you need is information about when he will talk about tariff, buy puts or calls depending on the news and you will have infinite money. Can you comprehend this?

This is literally it. ONE fucking man has too much power. I wouldn't just blame it on trump but congress and the 100+ years of steady capitulation of constitutional congressional authority to the executive branch. Fix this shit.

America what are you doing

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can't be insider trading if the POTUS is telling you at the family dinner!

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
He also doesn't actually understand what trade deficits are and what they mean...and yet somehow he's going to navigate us through a trade war that he started.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
CNBC

I don't want to talk about the news story but can we discuss how much power this ONE person has over 300million + Americans and billions of people globally.

Everytime he talks about tariff, if its positive, market pumps and dumps if its negative. So today or rest of this week is going to be red day.

This is absolutely madness, i have seen this happen so many times in last year its straight up criminal. If you are trump relative, or friend. All you need is information about when he will talk about tariff, buy puts or calls depending on the news and you will have infinite money. Can you comprehend this?

This is literally it. ONE fucking man has too much power. I wouldn't just blame it on trump but congress and the 100+ years of steady capitulation of constitutional congressional authority to the executive branch. Fix this shit.

Markets are dumb. He says something remotely positive, massive rally. Then if there's a some tangible bad news, the markets go down modestly. Wall Street continues to carry water for this administration based on the church of tax cuts and magical growth.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump said after China had targeted U.S. farmers, his administration decided to dole out $28 billion over a two-year period to make sure the agriculture sector wasn't hit in the pocket. "That got them whole," Trump claimed.

Them bootstraps.

Oct 27, 2017
Neuter the executive in law or this shit is going to become commonplace. To much shit in the US government is tradition and handshakes. The president should be immediately held responsible for breaking laws. It's insane.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
CNBC

The SEC is apparently already been investigating odd trades connected to Trump's announcements but I would bet that they're waiting until he's out of office to move on this conspiracy.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
"That got them whole" is literally some mobster TV shit he's regurgitating. What a mess this country is.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Just when the market was doing well, he opens his mouth. It sucks that everyone's 401k and stock holdings have depended almost entirely on China trade deals for the past couple of years and have been hammered by Trump's dumb trade wars.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Has he ever actually wanted the "deal" he talks so much about? Or has it always just been 100% about bravado and market manipulation? Obviously he has zero regard for the American businesses and consumers affected by this either way, as he continues to lie about who actually pays tariffs while stealing billions to bail out big ag. And he's shown he's a complete moron when it comes to negotiation (the other side caving and giving you everything you want with nothing in return is not "negotiating," he's not a negotiator).

We're getting closer to the two year mark on this trade war and it's only getting worse. The only "good news" has been when there's been a temporary cease fire, or when the administration lies about "oh we're so close to a deal, for reals this time" and the stock market predictably reacts to the lie.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
Neuter the executive in law or this shit is going to become commonplace. To much shit in the US government is tradition and handshakes. The president should be immediately held responsible for breaking laws. It's insane.
The problem is that Congress is completely paralyzed most of the time these days. Broad executive authority was the only way Obama got anything done during the last 6 years of his presidency. This is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Not like he has decades of failed buinesses to tell you how good he was at this stuff

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the way Trump operates i wouldnt be surprised if he wrecks certain things and coordinates with other leaders having them come out publicly saying they will only work with Trump right before the elections.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
The problem is that Congress is completely paralyzed most of the time these days. Broad executive authority was the only way Obama got anything done during the last 6 years of his presidency. This is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.
Not so much. It's a 'the GOP are a massive issue and are only interested in protecting their shrinking power' type of situation. See how well things work when you get rid of all the bad faith actors intentionally ignoring the rules and gumming things up.

We still need to make a bunch of changes to how things work, but the system has held together surprisingly well given that we have people doing everything they can to break it.