• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
This statement from Trump back in the day pretty much says everything (excerpt from John O'Donnell's book "Trumped"):
Instantly, Donald was enthused. "Yeah, I never liked the guy. I don't think he knows what the f––– he's doing. My accountants up in New York are always complaining about him. He's not responsive. And isn't it funny, I've got black accountants at the Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. Those are the kind of people I want counting my money. No one else."
I couldn't believe I was hearing this. But Donald went on, "Besides that, I've got to tell you something else. I think that the guy is lazy. And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It's not something they can control. … Don't you agree?"
Bigotry and stereotyping Jewish and black people in the same breath.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I feel like he's trying to stretch voting Democrat to hating Israel or something dumb like that. I'll never understand why the US loves the zionists soooo much

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Where the fuck are all the democrats decrying this who piled onto the hate bus for Omar?

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU, NANCY!?

Oct 25, 2017
jewish disloyalty isnt an anti semitic trope. whats really semitic is when you say Israel shouldn't snipe palestenian children because they had a rock or the aipac sucks. zionism is good and makes sense

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
He's been around enough Jewish Zionist Republicans talking shit about the "bad" Jews and he wants to play too, but even when he thinks he has the upper hand he's too clumsy and racist to dogwhistle and just comes off sounding like a dangerous asshole. As one of those so-called bad Jews, hearing Trump's matter-of-fact takes on all things Jewish makes my skin crawl.

I feel like he's trying to stretch voting Democrat to hating Israel or something dumb like that. I'll never understand why the US loves the zionists soooo much
Most definitely going to be a talking point he'll try again. He hears the reports of Israel support becoming increasingly partisan and sees there's vocal critics on the left despite a powerful lobby. He wants to exploit that, go past just saying the GOP is Pro-Israel. Only he's an inarticulate moron trying to dip his toe into a topic well beyond his attention span for a quick pop.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
He's been around enough Jewish Zionist Republicans talking shit about the "bad" Jews and he wants to play too, but even when he thinks he has the upper hand he's too clumsy and racist to dogwhistle and just comes off sounding like a dangerous asshole. As one of those so-called bad Jews, hearing Trump's matter-of-fact takes on all things Jewish makes my skin crawl.

yup, Jewish conservatives (and even some of the more reactionary "liberal" Zionists, tbh) say shit like this all the time, just not in as explicitly antisemitic a fashion

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

He absolutely is and it's going to polarise Israel as a partisan issue which they absolutely do not want and have worked very hard to avoid in the past.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we signal-boosting ben shapiro of all people.
Why
You don't have to
we all know he's an idiot who talks shit
we don't need a daily reminder
he's not an elected member of any branch of government, so nothing he does or says is remotely newsworthy.

please

stop it

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
He absolutely is and it's going to polarise Israel as a partisan issue which they absolutely do not want and have worked very hard to avoid in the past.

insofar as this further discredits liberal Zionism by driving a wedge between American Jews and Israel, and between Israel and the Democratic Party, this is a good thing

insofar as this feeds and heightens right-wing antisemitism, it's obviously a very bad thing

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is something Trump said and did now about the dems at all?

I must know. Trump is a nazi apologist and racist scumbag but let's talk about freaking Nancy some more.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
This is going to get even more American Jews gunned down. Fuck this dangerous psychotic piece of shit.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fear this will set off a mass shooting targeting Jews. If you think I'm joking, you haven't been paying attention.

EDIT: Apparently that's not such a hot take. Guy above me said the same thing.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Where the fuck are all the democrats decrying this who piled onto the hate bus for Omar?

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU, NANCY!?

Will the Dems condemn this, or only when the woman of color speaks out?

Kinda expected this but with a bit more subtle posting and not just tacky lazy derailing

Why is something Trump said and did now about the dems at all?

I must know. Trump is a nazi apologist and racist scumbag but let's talk about freaking Nancy some more.

Yea, it's just fucking pathetic. Always the same posters spewing the same shit. Race to the bottom at this point.

Jan 29, 2018
Remember when Trump referred to Netanyahu as "your Prime Minister" while addressing American Jews and it was a news story for 90 minutes?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda expected this but with a bit more subtle posting and not just tacky lazy derailing

Yea, it's just fucking pathetic. Always the same posters spewing the same shit. Race to the bottom at this point.

You really don't think it's worth pointing out that Democrats were quick to join the alt-right in decrying Omar yet are taking their sweet ass time condemning trump for much worst comments?

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You really don't think it's worth pointing out that Democrats were quick to join the alt-right in decrying Omar yet are taking their sweet ass time condemning trump for much worst comments?
You really think these type of comments wouldn't still be made by the Nazi GOP?

They don't care nor need dem's "cover" to be pure shit evil. Omar's comments can still be poorly made and called out without us having to compare her to Trump, a man who unlike Omar has a history of

-Hate
-Racism
-Xenophobia
-Nazi apologism/support.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Trump just put a target on the back of 4 million American Jews. There is more serious shit to deal with right this second.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is Trump normalizing white nationalist anti-semitic violence and building public will for broadening America's ongoing genocide. It's chilling to see just how many of us he's trying to kill.

Jun 17, 2019
It definitely is. Speaking as a Jewish person, people using Jewish identity to whitewash and apologize for Israel's apartheid of Palestinian people is extremely offensive. It's also pretty insulting that for the people whom this is supposedly a big issue, they're willing to speak out in favor of Israel, but not in this situation.

Not that I expect much from them nor think that them weighing in really matters, but it does very much illustrate their priorities.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I'm not going to go down this rabbit hole and derail this further by entertaining your drive by posts, other than saying you know what you're doing and you're using the effective words of Trump which are dangerous and further the deadly nature of white supremacy to go after and complain about someone you view as a political enemy.

Oct 30, 2017
I can't help but imagine this illicits a negative response from Jewish people. Nobody likes being told they are voting against their own interests.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
It definitely is. Speaking as a Jewish person, people using Jewish identity to whitewash and apologize for Israel's apartheid of Palestinian people is extremely offensive. It's also pretty insulting that for the people whom this is supposedly a big issue, they're willing to speak out in favor of Israel, but not in this situation.

Not that I expect much from them nor think that them weighing in really matters, but it does very much illustrate their priorities.

I posted about this on the last page, but as a Jew as well, it's so incredibly, infuriatingly revealing that leading American Jewish orgs aren't willing to call it antisemitic when Trump explicitly accuses the large majority of American Jews of disloyalty - there is literally no other way to read his remarks - yet have no such hesitations using that word when a black Muslim woman with heterodox views on Israel criticizes the Israel lobby in a way that, if you kinda squint at it from the right angle, might possibly be construed as resembling one of the dreaded Tropes. Israel apologia, antiblackness, and Islamophobia run deep in our community.

Jun 17, 2019
Trump just put a target on the back of 4 million American Jews. There is more serious shit to deal with right this second.
Nah sorry dude, you don't get to use me as a way to handwave away the Dems being extremely shitty about Israel/Palestine.

It's almost like we're capable of thinking this is an extremely concerning and possibly dangerous statement for the president to make, and also use it as a moment to contextualize certain politicians' response to it.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not going to go down this rabbit hole and derail this further by entertaining your drive by posts, other than saying you know what you're doing and you're using the effective words of Trump which are dangerous and further the deadly nature of white supremacy to go after and complain about someone you view as a political enemy.
Kinda confused on what you're talking about. People are asking for the democratic party to use their majority in the house to condemn Trump's comments like they have in the past for people like Steve King and Ilhan Omar.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Nah sorry dude, you don't get to use me as a way to handwave away the Dems being extremely shitty about Israel/Palestine.

It's almost like we're capable of thinking this is an extremely concerning and possibly dangerous statement for the president to make, and also use it as a moment to contextualize certain politicians' response to it.

I don't give a fuck what you are. Go take your trolling somewhere else.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

Gotcha.

Dems bashing their own for antisemitism when none exists is something that we should never, ever criticize.

Dems bashing trump for antisemitism is something we should not expect and NEVER question them about.

Thank you for once again showing me the light.