• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Millions (around 7 million) are going to be fuming due to two years (or more) of not having filed taxes. Hopefully the dems don't let it pass. Probably why it's taking so long to hammer out.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't undestand why not just make it universal based off our current census packets? Basing it off previous tax return years is some garbage man.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
All right. So I just finished my taxes on TurboTax. I zero'd in everything pretty much. They won't allow e-file this way but they do allow you to print and send by mail.

So there's a work-around for anyone that wants to file for 2019. If they're gonna dick me around, I'mma dick them around lol

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh this whole thing is a mess. I'm supposedly getting 1200 but this shit is a tragedy and they are utterly trash when it comes to this. That only helps people with food. That doesn't help people with all of their other bills especially when a ton of them are going to be out of work and etc. Like, this is so damn stupid.

This is utterly crazy. People need to fucking live.

Last edited:

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All right. So I just finished my taxes on TurboTax. I zero'd in everything pretty much. They won't allow e-file this way but they do allow you to print and send by mail.

So there's a work-around for anyone that wants to file for 2019. If they're gonna dick me around, I'mma dick them around lol
at least you did it

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oops...wrong thread.

Last edited:

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh this whole thing is a mess. I'm supposedly getting 1200 but this shit is a tragedy and they are utterly trash when it comes to this. That only helps people with food. That doesn't help people with all of their other bills especially when a ton of them are going to be out of work and etc. Like, this is so damn stupid.

This is utterly crazy. People need to fucking live.
Rent and mortgages are what I am worried about for people. Middle class peopel could be paying well over $2K a month on rent or mortgage alonein pretty much any major city.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People need to stop getting the hopes up/down. Nothing is in stone yet. I wouldn't spend too much time banking on getting it or not yet.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
I only read a quick summary, what's awful about it (other than being based off tax returns)?

it shuts out anyone who may have had some spike of pay and is making 0 now... which could be a lot.

it shuts out most people that live in major metropolitan areas

it severely limits to poor people

This does NOTHING for people who lost their job due to this. If they made 100k last year and are currently making $0 because they have no job and no pay... well... tough shit?

Its an awful plan that carves out things based on arbitrary AGI's that have no basis in reality to who is actually impacted.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
so when the fuck is something going to be voted on. people need help now. not april or may

Deleted member 8741

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's the alternative? America falling to ruin and people starving in the streets? I mean they pretty much have to do something big.

My point is if you're going back through your tax returns and asking VERY specific questions about if you'll get it and how much - it's pointless currently. Call you Senators and demand what you want, and wait to see what the details are. None of this is in stone yet, so people saying "Do I qualify if...?" the answer is still "No one knows."

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My point is if you're going back through your tax returns and asking VERY specific questions about if you'll get it and how much - it's pointless currently. Call you Senators and demand what you want, and wait to see what the details are. None of this is in stone yet, so people saying "Do I qualify if...?" the answer is still "No one knows."
Can't argue with you there.

Deleted member 8741

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep you're right about that. It's crazy.

Exactly. We have a strong cushion, but if this just keeps going for months and months, it will eventually hurt us. We're pretty frugal, but we also are young and have debts, due to school and just getting our lives started. We make good money and are still working, but if I get laid off 2 months from now or my wife's hours are reduced we can't just go on forever.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. We have a strong cushion, but if this just keeps going for months and months, it will eventually hurt us. We're pretty frugal, but we also are young and have debts, due to school and just getting our lives started. We make good money and are still working, but if I get laid off 2 months from now or my wife's hours are reduced we can't just go on forever.
Yep, you've said it best. The length of this thing is going to really one of the most deciding factors because who's to say we still won't be going through this around July-August? It's crucial.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
it shuts out anyone who may have had some spike of pay and is making 0 now... which could be a lot.

This does NOTHING for people who lost their job due to this. If they made 100k last year and are currently making $0 because they have no job and no pay... well... tough shit?

Its an awful plan that carves out things based on arbitrary AGI's that have no basis in reality to who is actually impacted.
Fair enough, those are definite misses but it's still not as terrible as I expected it to be (which was the point of my original comment and really speaks to how terrible the GOP really is).

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love how they're taking the weekend off when the economy is on the verge of a meltdown.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If my mother is retired and living off Social Security, would she be eligible for this Republican $1200 plan?

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I may be wrong about this, but it probably also doesn't cover people who happened to cash out on long term capital gains last year, or who received a sizable inheritance from a family trust.

So if you tend to live paycheck to paycheck but last year you brought in a one-time 50-70k from your dead mom or grandma's trust? Tough shit, they should have died another year.

It's completely arbitrary.

Not to mention the fact that a DINK couple making $140k (or even with 1 kid) is going to be better off, generally, than a single engineer making $80k (me), yet they get the payment while i don't?

Give it to everyone and figure out who needed it come tax filing time in 2021, 2022, and 2023, after this has all passed.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Shit so let's say I hypothetically completely forgot to file my taxes last year (I believe I was due about a $300 refund but I didn't have the forms I needed when I went last apirl and never got around to filing them late) and I haven't done them yet this year, am I SOL or do I still have a chance?

I mean, I've PAID my taxes so I should be eligible right? I just haven't got my refund.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shit so let's say I hypothetically completely forgot to file my taxes last year (I believe I was due about a $300 refund but I didn't have the forms I needed when I went last apirl and never got around to filing them late) and I haven't done them yet this year, am I SOL or do I still have a chance?

I mean, I've PAID my taxes so I should be eligible right? I just haven't got my refund.
If you didn't owe anything you're fine, just file late.

Turbowaffles

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So what the hell is going on here? We getting $1k once? $2k monthly? Who gets the money? Unemployed? Everyone? Certain income brackets? When is it happening?

I mean, this is a clusterfuck.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It also fucks over unmarried single-income families (ie head of household filers), but then again so does half the tax code

really, any attempt at income testing will cause gaps and that entire idea should be scrapped. If a few millionaires get some thousand dollar checks, who cares?

Method

Oct 25, 2017
It also fucks over unmarried single-income families (ie head of household filers), but then again so does half the tax code

really, any attempt at income testing will cause gaps and that entire idea should be scrapped. If a few millionaires get some thousand dollar checks, who cares?
Right? means testing this is a joke. just get the checks out

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Funny that Mnuchin seems to understand how fucked they are if they continue to visibly act like Republicans over this.

What a shame they're all a bunch of Republicans.
Not a fan of the dude since he's a Supply Side economics wacko, but even he knows that the GOP Senate are a bunch of idiots.