• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 31, 2017
Democrats need to coordinate on messaging and ASAP.

The republican measures are trash if you only get 600$ when you're poor. And the reliance on 2018 tax returns. They are fucking morons. The dems can easily destroy them here.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So are one of these bills EVER going to be voted on, or is Congress just going to debate it forever?

I'm honestly getting tired of both sides at this point.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So are one of these bills EVER going to be voted on, or is Congress just going to debate it forever?

I'm honestly getting tired of both sides at this point.

One of these bills has already been passed and signed into law.

This bill is being written today, brought to the floor tomorrow and voted for on Monday.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
One of these bills has already been passed and signed into law.

This bill is being written today, brought to the floor tomorrow and voted for on Monday.
The small bill was passed. I'm talking about the large bill that includes the checks. Which bill are you talking about that is getting voted on on Monday?

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The republican measures are trash if you only get 600$ when you're poor. And the reliance on 2018 tax returns. They are fucking morons. The dems can easily destroy them here.

Seriously, this makes no sense. What about people who immigrated here after 2018 and therefore have no 2018 tax return? Or college students that graduated and entered the workforce within the last 14 months? Or people who were just unemployed at that time?

The amount need to be standardized across all income levels, or ideally those people who actually make less receive a larger check to compensate.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Second sentence.

And in the scheme of things this check bill is going to be a small bill in the necessary response. This is going to be one of many bills passed.
Right, which check bill? There have been like 10 different ones floated in this thread.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, this makes no sense. What about people who immigrated here after 2018 and therefore have no 2018 tax return? Or college students that graduated and entered the workforce within the last 14 months? Or people who were just unemployed at that time?

The amount need to be standardized across all income levels, or ideally those people who actually make less receive a larger check to compensate.

This isn't so much about helping people pay their bills as it is about injecting a bunch of cash into the economy.

There are many social programs in existence and currently being bolstered to help people in need.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So I would've personally received $1200 under the previous GOP plan. Now $1,000 after the Democrats got their chance at it. I know they're adding unemployment benefits, but to most people from the outside it's not a great look for the democrats.
What are you talking about?
Like the quote above yours. People were saying less money and worse bill now? I thought it couldn't get any worse than it was, lol.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Like the quote above yours. People were saying less money and worse bill now? I thought it couldn't get any worse than it was, lol.
I'm not sure where people are getting that from. Every Dem proposal I've seen had the check amount higher than the GOP bill.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
Yeah, I don't think any new proposals have come out today. It's understandable that people are watching this closely, but maybe hold off on snapshot reactions. Last I read, they started drafting the bill yesterday and will try to finish today.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure where people are getting that from. Every Dem proposal I've seen had the check amount higher than the GOP bill.

Mnuchin was talking one time 1200 + 500 per kid, with phase ins, lowest earners getting 600.

Now we're talking 1000 across the board per qualified adult and bolstering unemployment benefits and SNAP.

But guys this is going to be the first of many bills.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Mnuchin was talking one time 1200 + 500 per kid, with phase ins, lowest earners getting 600.

Now we're talking 1000 across the board per qualified adult and bolstering unemployment benefits and SNAP.

What is the current word on what "qualified" is? It seems to change daily. lol

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think I need to check out of this thread. There's is so much misunderstanding and people just throwing out comments that have no source or backing.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

1000 dollars until whenever they can get their collective shit together again to squeeze out a little more probably is going to lead to a lot of hardship...

I guess it really just depends on how quickly they can move, but I don't have much faith in our government to not fudge it every step of the way.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Stop freaking out about an unsourced article ffs, save the hot takes about how Democrats are screwing things up for when they actually screw something up, and remember that whatever comes through the Senate still goes to the House.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017

...hey I'd like a trillion dollar coin

200.webp

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Kudlow saying it's now a 2 trillion dollar package.

Everyone needs to relax, part of this is negotiation theatrics. 1200, 1000, no one knows what's happening until pen hits paper.

thehill.com

Senate closing in on higher price tag on coronavirus stimulus package

Senate negotiators are eyeing a higher price tag as they negotiate a massive coronavirus stimulus package.

This, and also please remember that these are negotiations. No one's bill is going to look exactly the same as when they introduced it. Things will be changed, removed, reduced, or added. That's the nature of the beast.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If the debate is tomorrow, do we get to know anything before then? Feels kind of wrong that they're deciding stuff that will have a huge effect on all our lives yet we don't get to know a single thing about it as they start debating it.

Last edited:

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
normal people: yOu CaNt JuSt PrINt MoNeY, hOw WiLl We PaY fOr It? VUVUZUELA

tlaib: hold my $trillion platinum mug

I want an Ocean's 11 film now where Brad Pitt and George Clooney team up to steal one of the two trillion dollar coins in the world.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If the debate is tomorrow, do we get to know anything before then? Feels kind of wrong that they're deciding stuff that will have a huge effect on all our lives yet we don't get to know a single thing about it as they start debating it.

They're saying they have an agreement and I'm sure details will start filtering out later tonight/tomorrow morning if not fully released. The bill will be a public document once it gets to the floor.

Congress doesn't usually negotiate and pass a trillion dollar plus bill in the course of three days.