• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dingobingo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
One thing I just dont understand is how bad they are at talking the only thing you hear is the Republican plan it makes it sound like the Republican plan is the only plan. I'm no communication expert but holy shit I think I could convey there plans better. Who advises these guys

Oct 25, 2017
www.marketwatch.com

Fed will make up to $4 trillion in loans to businesses to rescue the U.S. economy, Mnuchin says

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Sunday the Fed will play a key role in lending funds to businesses damaged by the pullback in activity caused by the...

Wow, $4 Trillion for a wet fart of a package. Too bad the average voter is an idiot and will think it's great that they spent $30k to get $3k. Yes, $4 trillion divided by 128 million households in the US is $31,250.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
It sounds like the checks will still be $1200 so stop with the fear mongering.
Why not advocate for more instead of settling? We can afford it.
What are you even taking about? House proposals have gone out. They don't control the Senate and have not been invited to negotiations at this point.
They don't have to let anything less than amazing pass through the House. They hold all the cards.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
tenor.gif

This shit makes me crack up every single time, thanks for this I needed it

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, $4 Trillion for a wet fart of a package. Too bad the average voter is an idiot and will think it's great that they spent $30k to get $3k. Yes, $4 trillion divided by 128 million households in the US is $31,250.
What happened to the free market? It seems like those people are all of a sudden nipping for Uncle Sams teat? Shouldn't unsustainable businesses fail? Ivan says it all to the industries.

iu

/s. I just want people to taking hard stances on things in the "good times" to think before they then pivot when it doesn't work for them any longer.

Last edited:

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
What happened to the free market? It seems like those people are all of a sudden nipping for Uncle Sams teet? Shouldn't unsustainable businesses fail? Ivan says it all to the industries.

iu

/s. I just want people to taking hard stances on things in the "good times" and then pivoting when it doesn't work for them any longer.

It's the typical Conservative ideals of being opposed to anything until it directly impacts them. Once that happens, then suddenly their for it.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like also the initial totals for the stimulus packages keep going up. This does not lead to confidence of having this coronavirus situation "almost air tight" as some had stated weeks ago?

Last edited:

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So CNN is saying the package is now up to $2 trillion. What's the latest on the amount and status of the checks? Is the GOP's shitty solution of paying those who made minimum wage a $600 check, while those making $70k+ get the full $1200 still on the table?

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
So CNN is saying the package is now up to $2 trillion. What's the latest on the amount and status of the checks? Is the GOP's shitty solution of paying those who made minimum wage a $600 check, while those making $70k+ get the full $1200 still on the table?

No, full checks go out to lower income tax payers as well.

Spock

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly am not sure how this is going to work, I hope for the best. I'm a single dad of 2 young kids. On disability for the time being because of autoimmune issues. I have no tax return last year or this year. I'm literally using credit cards to buy food.

School lunches and breakfast use to fill in gaps that can't be filled anymore.

I'm grateful I have a bunch of credit cards, cause there's a bunch of people who don't have that option, but fuck. My debit is going up daily practically. I hope they at least halt credit payments and interest.

I also hope they got some backup plan for those stuck in a gap.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Uh should I file 2019 today to get credit for our daughter born last year? Or is is 2018 info for sure still.

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
hrmm so i imagine itd go out in waves for people who just now filed in 2019 but have not had their return reviewed yet? At least Id hope itll reflect 2019 return over 2018.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Checks for all is a dumb idea, right? My income is still fine, nothing's changed for me. So I don't need that money.
Confgratulations on still having an income, consider yourself lucky.

I work in the TV/Film industry. Many of us in this business are private contractors who go from project to project, some of us can't even file for unemployment because of this, and we live in Los Angeles where many of us use a hefty portion of our large paychecks on paying insanely high rent. This means that even though we are above the threshold that disqualifies us for most of what the Trump White House's plan offers in relief. Hell, even the means-testing that Nancy "Bipartisan Marketplace Of Ideas" Pelosi has fought for in any assistance she would give her blessing leaves us out of it. Also, unemployment in California IIRC only covers $450/week. Not even enough to cover our rent payments.

Production of many features and TV shows shut down weeks ago and post production is shutting down right now for the most part. I work in post production sound and you can't really mix TV shows and features without the infrastructure of an audio post production facility. Not something the majority of us professionals can do from home. Our entire industry of content creation has shut down while people holed up in their apartments stream the content we have helped to create, making lots of money for the richer people in the system, but for below-the-liners like myself, we aren't seeing residuals for that.

We need help before the first of the month, or the entire tv/film industry is going to be destroyed.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Checks for all is a dumb idea, right? My income is still fine, nothing's changed for me. So I don't need that money.

But someone who's out of a job will probably need that money, and for longer than just one or two months. Beefing up unemployment seems like the way to go.
The problem that im seeing with just beefing up unemployment is its still a giant pain in the ass just getting approved for unemployment, even with all the changes theyve made the last few days. People who are loosing their jobs right now are still being denied unemployment, so that wont help them, but getting a check will until they can get approved.

Spock

Oct 27, 2017
The Dems should use this as an opportunity to take the opinions of financial and economic experts and make them the focal point of their bill. They could highlight how this is a time when we need to trust in those who know better or some f****** spin like that.

People are worried and want answers from those they trust. Pelosi could contrast and compare them talking with field relevant experts like the president does with Dr. Fauci.

Hopefully they get the optics right. The opportunity is there, to not only get something more robust past but also get some damn credit.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah fuck this, Democrats can't cave. Imagine giving corporations all this stimulus money and they still fire employees and just use the money for share buybacks? Nope the House needs to just come up with their own bill and dare the Senate to not pass it. While $2500 sounds good, if you still lose your job that will last you what a month, two? We're just right back here in May. There needs to be guarantees that people won't lose their jobs, contractors included if you're going to receive stimulus money.

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel the back and forth will just prolong getting anything. I'm not very hopeful. It's really going to come down to each group wanting the political win. If nothing is passed, I feel Dems will come out looking like the bad guys.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel the back and forth will just prolong getting anything. I'm not very hopeful. It's really going to come down to each group wanting the political win. If nothing is passed, I feel Dems will come out looking like the bad guys.
Not really. Republicans have a loooong track record of not wanting to help anyone but the mega rich.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
While I know a lot of us need help now, I'm glad the Dems are trying to take the time to make sure this gets done right.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you fill out a change of address with the USPS when you moved? If so they'll forward to your new address for the first year. If you didn't then they outline how to notify them and government agencies of your new address here: https://www.usa.gov/post-office#item-37197

So I did, and I occasionally get something forwarded. But a thousand dollar check doesn't seem like something I want to have that kind of confusion. Just deposit please

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
While I know a lot of us need help now, I'm glad the Dems are trying to take the time to make sure this gets done right.
Same, $2500 is going to do fuck all of you fall into the bucket where you have been laid off and don't qualify for unemployment. Those people can't be forgotten. $2500 isn't going to replace a 25k, 30k, 40k, 50k a year income. How do you even find another job in the era of quarantine?

xfactor99

Oct 28, 2017
If you didn't file a 2018 tax return, I would file a 2019 tax return ASAP (assuming you are eligible). Get going to turbotax or whatever website you prefer

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Same, $2500 is going to do fuck all of you fall into the bucket where you have been laid off and don't qualify for unemployment. Those people can't be forgotten. $2500 isn't going to replace a 25k, 30k, 40k, 50k a year income. How do you even find another job in the era of quarantine?
Amazon ready to make a profit off people's suffering.