• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
I suppose most ResetEra members are Americans so I would like to know what do you think and whether you agree with the cover.
As an European, I feel like Europe can't rely on USA anymore. Especially after latest pullout from Iran deal.
Dc8ekYfVAAAW_wo.jpg

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think they are overdoing it with the art style a little bit. And I already thought that like two or three Spiegel-Trump covers ago.

Oct 27, 2017
As an American minority, I don't blame Europe at all giving us the middle finger.

I give the middle finger to trump whenever a photo or video of him comes up.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i am not a smart man, so can someone explain what "not relying on usa" means in practical terms during peace time? are they going to close all those military bases in europe? economically i don't see how anything can really change as long as usa is such a power house, notwithstanding all the tariff nonsense.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I don't blame you for feeling that way, but at the end of the day the US would still have your back if shit went down. With that said, Putin has to be thrilled with all of this. We need to show up big in November and do everything we can to limit Trump.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It is time to go our own ways. Make the EU a true superpower independent from the other.

Thebeast!

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Why should the United States help europe the vast majority of European citizens hate us anyway

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
i am not a smart man, so can someone explain what "not relying on usa" means in practical terms during peace time? are they going to close all those military bases in europe? economically i don't see how anything can really change as long as usa is such a power house, notwithstanding all the tariff nonsense.
Exactly, those tariffs are insane, and could pretty much blow up free trade as we know it. So, yeah, not destroying global trade. That would be "being able to rely on the USA"

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017

A country is more than their military, contrary to what the USA would like you to believe.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
And in 2 years we'll be back, I hope a lot of people understand this isn't a long term shift.
It's cute that you think you can simply rebuild trust like that after pouring gasoline on the bridge and lighting it on fire.

Nobody should take the United States at their word ever again. Once Trump is gone there will be even someone worse (and more competently evil) waiting in the wings to profit from the hateful rhetoric and brainwashing of the Fox News / Sinclair machine.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly, those tariffs are insane, and could pretty much blow up free trade as we know it. So, yeah, not destroying global trade. That would be "being able to rely on the USA"
but to me that just sounds like europe has to rely on usa whether we like it or not. usa is such a huge part of european trade that it would probably take decades to not be reliant on them.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
but to me that just sounds like europe has to rely on usa whether we like it or not. usa is such a huge part of european trade that it would probably take decades to not be reliant on them.
The current world order of trade, was built by the USA. Like it or not, they are in a unique position to sabotage it. Of course, ultimately this will hurt the US just as much as anybody else. Normally you could rely on the US not hurting itself to hurt everybody else too. Normally you could rely on them not electing a complete maniac who plays havoc on the global stage, to this extent.
I won't disagree that Europe is too reliant on the US, but tragedy in all of this is, that in a normal world, with normal leaders, who act rationally, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
It's cute that you think you can simply rebuild trust like that after pouring gasoline on the bridge and lighting it on fire.

Nobody should take the United States at their word ever again. Once Trump is gone there will be even someone worse (and more competently evil) waiting in the wings to profit from the hateful rhetoric and brainwashing of the Fox News / Sinclair machine.
Eh a regime change is an easy excuse to open communication channels.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded

Yes.

The precedence set by this will not end when trump leaves.

The United States has shown that it's word as a country means nothing.

The phone call with Australias Prime Minister Turnbull put it succinctly at the beginnng of trumps presidency:

Turnbull
But can I say to you, there is nothing more important in business or politics than a deal is a deal. Look, you and I have a lot of mutual friends.

Trump
Look, I do not know how you got them to sign a deal like this, but that is how they lost the election. They said I had no way to 270 and I got 306. That is why they lost the election, because of stupid deals like this. You have brokered many a stupid deal in business and I respect you, but I guarantee that you broke many a stupid deal. This is a stupid deal. This deal will make me look terrible.

Turnbull:
Mr. President, I think this will make you look like a man who stands by the commitments of the United States. It shows that you are a committed —

Trump
Okay, this shows me to be a dope.

Trump has shown the world nothing the United States says or does, is worth the paper it is printed on.

At most it will only be a matter of years before any deal the us makes couod be potentially broken.

Who in their right mind would deal with such a liability?

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Why should the United States help europe the vast majority of European citizens hate us anyway

It's not that Europe hates you. We just don't trust you anymore. Hell, people even trust Russia with its state-run troll farms more than the US these days. And why should we, or anyone? It's America first, we got the message.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

Not being reliable enough to lead any international movement be it social, economic, intelligence, or military. We effectively are headless right now, with it sitting in plain sight our "head" is a puppet on a string of a monster mobster.

I'm 40. I've said this before, but I've lived most of my life as a citizen of a lone superpower and that ended. I'll be an old man before even our reputation comes back.

We don't hate you. But understand, after a Bush>Obama> and now Trump USA, you are coming off as kind of a bi-polar psycho country.

We all have our demons.

What I mean by that is that some, like France and Germany, were able to contain theirs in this kleptocratic spy-op tornado, others, like us and Austria, failed to. The Rational among us must see ourselves as allies against internal enemies, imho, rather than do what they want us to react like and grow apart and suspicious of each other.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I assume trusting we will keep our agreements. We've pulled out of the Paris climate change agreement, the Iran nuclear agreement, and threaten to quit NATO.

The USA once had a leadership role. If we went in one direction that carried a lot if weight as far as affirming the validity of a treaty or agreement. I think with us breaking so many promises countries will pay a lot more attention on the effects am agreement may have on themselves long-term with even less focus being on placating the U.S. or going with the flow because the U.S. said its good for the west.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not advocating the spray tan, but I'm kinda digging the color styles for these magazine covers. Orange-yellow-black kinda works for me.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio

I hope most Europeans realize that the reason we're bipolar is because we're essentially being attacked from the inside. The very fabric of our democracy (open information to make decisions) is being attacked. It's the bedrock of a democracy and it's being pulled away.

If we don't somehow combat the bolded above, we may never come back. Just know that most Americans aren't crazy and that we have kinks in our system that most European democracies don't have (gerrymandering, Electoral College). These are things hurting us and these propoganda networks are utilizing it to exploit us.