• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/22/donal...eo-games-films-stop-school-shootings-7335268/

President Trump hinted he might ban 'violent' video games and 'disgusting' movies to try and prevent gun massacres. Speaking at a meeting with state lawmakers Thursday, Trump implied that youngsters were able to access both too easily while their minds were still 'forming.' Speaking to Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, Trump said: 'I'm hearing more and more people seeing the level of violence in video games is really shaping young people's thoughts

Apparently he's expressed these views before, following Sandy Hook:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/280812064539283457

EDIT:

Now with video.

Last edited:

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
so the argument they are gonna go with is fake guns are taking more lives than real guns.

hookay.

Deleted member 11943

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I guess they are pretty violent. It probably leads people to get the wrong impression about video games.

Oct 25, 2017
He's right. This is why you see such similar numbers of massacres at schools in practically every other country outside of Amer- hey wait a minute...

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
So, why other countries with those same violent videogames don't suffer from the amount of mass shooting that USA does? I truly wonder why...

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
You should be scared because his party controls both arms of the government needed to pass laws to target videogames. It's not unheard of for a government to try to distract from the larger issue by using a scapegoat during election season.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Ok this is the final straw. Get him outta there.
still couldn't understand how such a fuckhead became your president US citizens

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yet Trump and the GOP glorify the military, the epitome of violence.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
You should be scared because his party controls both arms of the government needed to pass laws to target videogames. It's not unheard of for a government to try to distract from the larger issue by using a scapegoat during election season.
There is no way banning violent video games has 60 votes in the senate, so it's safe to laugh at him.

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
A reminder to idiots that the """""sjws""""" are not coming for your games. Look around you and you will see you sinking in a frog boat.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
If this thought gains traction and meets loot boxes in the middle then we are in for a wild ride.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
any defenders of his that like video games will simply say 'he has to say that to the media, he doesnt really mean it'

there is no reasoning with them

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Restricting the content of video games has already gone to the Supreme Court and lost. This is just the usual Trump mindless blather.

Paradox House

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh huh. Well virtual guns are clearly worse than real guns. Also violence in films feels to me down massively VS previous decades.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I and all my friends here in the UK have been playing violent video games for years and none of us are monsters.

So nah, basically. Never understood using video games as a scapegoat like this. It makes no sense.