• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
Why do people think the kids wearing MAGA hats has anything to do with politics? It's the trolling lifestyle that has been a part of the internet and online gaming that these kids have grown up, and now Trump and MAGA have made it acceptable to do in public, so they think they're being "total badass rebels" for doing it.

I guarantee none of them now anything of Trump's politics outside of "MAGA makes people upset, so I embrace it because I grew up screaming profanities and racist comments on Xbox Live so it's all I know to get attention and I've never been punished for it."
You may be right, but that doesn't mean there should be any less fallout for what they do. You have to learn that that shit ain't cool
Brown skin apparently adds at least 5 years to your perceived age in America.
You jest but it's absolutely the case.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest I expected something more extreme but all I got was some dude banging his drum and the MAGA moron staring at him for a couple of minutes. Unless something else has occurred between the two, other than the red hat I fail the see what the buzz is all about. Surely people know racists exist.

I'm guessing the real issue here is that a bunch of white kids wearing #MAGA gear showed up at an indegenious rally.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If racist kids are never responsible for their racism, how do you then blame those same kids when they go on to be racist adults?

You can't.

There's no throughline between victim and victimizer.

The point of this is once again to shield white people from the consequences of their actions.

Every single time.

Um. What.

Because they're adults. This post makes my brain hurt.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
To be honest I expected something more extreme but all I got was some dude banging his drum and the MAGA moron staring at him for a couple of minutes. Unless something else has occurred between the two, other than the red hat I fail the see what the buzz is all about. Surely people know racists exist.
I'm inclined to agree.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
"Let's make excuses for the racist white kid" is pretty much the Story of America.

Nothing here surprises me

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
"Theyre just kids!"

Fucking spare me.

They're class of 19, seniors, if they're not able to join the military already they can in a year.

They know what is going on.
I think I am less infuriated by the typical "kids" angle than I am of the intent by all these sudden convenient newcomers across these two threads reposting the Twitter thread by Arlen Parsa and similar sentiments to protect these racist asshats under the guise that it "doesn't solve the issue" and "makes you out to be a mob as well."

The suggested call to action is instead to fix the root causes of the problem by "lifting up the heroes." Yes, fix the root causes of the problem by ignoring them altogether and instead lying to the vocal bystanders and actual victims that everything is going to be okay in a situation where it's been made expressly clear that nothing will be done because punishing white people for their racism is, in some way, always unjust.

I ranted elsewhere that this always happens, and when you think about it it's a clever scheme. Do everything in one's power to deflect blame and advocate for mercy just long enough that the anger recedes and people forget, and down the line when someone actually does remember all you have to do is go "that was so long ago; why are you still mad about it?" to dismiss the fact that nothing was ever actually done and thus that hurt still remains unaddressed.

Y'all are really good at doing nothing. Never trying to compensate the victims properly, never following through on compensation when actually "forced" to, never actually making good on those calls to action, never holding the perpetrators to task because we simply can't ruin Thanksgiving dinner. Y'all just simply do nothing.

The history of this country is nothing but an ever-mounting moral debt owed towards the minorities of this country that keeps getting put off because the fear of actually being told, under no uncertain terms, the rent is due today or else, causes you to shut down, to deflect, to make up excuses, and to procrastinate; to push off that due date just a little bit longer. No one wants to be the one to actually bite the bullet and take some responsibility because to do so would be to inherently admit to an immorality so heinous that even the devil cannot fathom. It's fear; fear not of the "other," but fear that the other is entirely justified in their rage.

Because if people out here are fist-fighting each other over stupid border fences, the uncomfortable, unanswerable question becomes "What the hell then are the consequences of centuries of collective inaction towards the systemic disenfranchisement and violence on minorities?"

Thus, these students and the faculty, like many others before them, will get off scot free, because if they actually get their lives ruined for this, it would be a figurative open season on pretty much everyone else, including the ever-so-valued loved ones that minorities are always supposed to take into account and coddle. We can't possibly have Uncle Ben losing his livelihood over a few drunken rants. He matters too.

Nothing ever changes.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
100 MAGA kids mock native Americans like they're at a fucking Braves game

But what about the 5 black people?
The black israelites were also mocking the Natives, caling them all sorts of slurs and saying they would all burn in hell. Not to mention the abhorrent shit they were saying about homosexuals. MAGA kids were clearly antagonizing and are little fuckers, but the whole thing started with the little douchebags gathering around the israelites as they ranted and screamed about how we shouldn't be "giving rights to faggots."

The only people here on the right side are the Natives.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people think the kids wearing MAGA hats has anything to do with politics? It's the trolling lifestyle that has been a part of the internet and online gaming that these kids have grown up, and now Trump and MAGA have made it acceptable to do in public, so they think they're being "total badass rebels" for doing it.

I guarantee none of them now anything of Trump's politics outside of "MAGA makes people upset, so I embrace it because I grew up screaming profanities and racist comments on Xbox Live so it's all I know to get attention and I've never been punished for it."

The kids were all literally there for the March for Life; an inherently political event.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The black israelites were also mocking the Natives, caling them all sorts of slurs and saying they would all burn in hell. Not to mention the abhorrent shit they were saying about homosexuals. MAGA kids were clearly antagonizing and are little fuckers, but the whole thing started with the little douchebags gathering around the israelites as they ranted and screamed about how we shouldn't be "giving rights to faggots."

You completely missed the point.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
"Let's make excuses for the racist white kid" is pretty much the Story of America.

Let's see if they can be counted:
  • They're kids
  • But the black people made them do it
  • Their parents
  • Trolling
  • Actually, they're harassed by the native Americans
  • They were just innocently doing school chants
  • The kid staring at the elder actually did nothing wrong
  • Xbox culture
  • They were physically assaulted by a drum
  • The school
  • The president
  • WE made them do it.. as a society
Probably missing some just off the top of my head
My point is that we need to stop shifting the blame off of the MAGA kids. Yes the black Israelites are fucked up and should be ridiculed for their rhetoric. But the kids decided to throw a swastika on their head and shamed and insulted native Americans all on their own, and even told them their land was rightfully stolen.

No one else made them do this, it's on them.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017

Basically. Children of color are viewed as and tried as adults while white people get to be kids damn near forever. I remember pundits describing Kushner as a "kid" and he was 36 years old.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even after getting shit on by the Israelites with some of the worst slurs one could utter, Nathan Philips, being the badass that he is, walks his way in between them and the Trump Youth as shit was starting to boil over and diverts the legion's ire onto himself.

Just, infinite respect holy shit.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I am less infuriated by the typical "kids" angle than I am of the intent by all these sudden convenient newcomers across these two threads reposting the Twitter thread by Arlen Parsa and similar sentiments to protect these racist asshats under the guise that it "doesn't solve the issue" and "makes you out to be a mob as well."

The suggested call to action is instead to fix the root causes of the problem by "lifting up the heroes." Yes, fix the root causes of the problem by ignoring them altogether and instead lying to the vocal bystanders and actual victims that everything is going to be okay in a situation where it's been made expressly clear that nothing will be done because punishing white people for their racism is, in some way, always unjust.

I ranted elsewhere that this always happens, and when you think about it it's a clever scheme. Do everything in one's power to deflect blame and advocate for mercy just long enough that the anger recedes and people forget, and down the line when someone actually does remember all you have to do is go "that was so long ago; why are you still mad about it?" to dismiss the fact that nothing was ever actually done and thus that hurt still remains unaddressed.

Y'all are really good at doing nothing. Never trying to compensate the victims properly, never following through on compensation when actually "forced" to, never actually making good on those calls to action, never holding the perpetrators to task because we simply can't ruin Thanksgiving dinner. Y'all just simply do nothing.

The history of this country is nothing but an ever-mounting moral debt owed towards the minorities of this country that keeps getting put off because the fear of actually being told, under no uncertain terms, the rent is due today or else, causes you to shut down, to deflect, to make up excuses, and to procrastinate; to push off that due date just a little bit longer. No one wants to be the one to actually bite the bullet and take some responsibility because to do so would be to inherently admit to an immorality so heinous that even the devil cannot fathom. It's fear; fear not of the "other," but fear that the other is entirely justified in their rage.

Because if people out here are fist-fighting each other over stupid border fences, the uncomfortable, unanswerable question becomes "What the hell then are the consequences of centuries of collective inaction towards the systemic disenfranchisement and violence on minorities?"

Thus, these students and the faculty, like many others before them, will get off scot free, because if they actually get their lives ruined for this, it would be a figurative open season on pretty much everyone else, including the ever-so-valued loved ones that minorities are always supposed to take into account and coddle. We can't possibly have Uncle Ben losing his livelihood over a few drunken rants. He matters too.

Nothing ever changes.

It's exactly as MLK stated in that white moderates are more interested in keeping order than seeing any kind of justice.

Wander

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Trolling, drive-by comment, accumulated infractions
Have you guys seen the whole video? Seems to be painting a different story

Oct 29, 2017
tenor.gif

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Let's see if they can be counted:
  • They're kids
  • But the black people made them do it
  • Their parents
  • Trolling
  • Actually, they're harassed by the native Americans
  • They were just innocently doing school chants
  • The kid staring at the elder actually did nothing wrong
  • Xbox culture
  • They were physically assaulted by a drum
  • The school
  • The president
  • WE made them do it.. as a society
Probably missing some just off the top of my head

My point is that we need to stop shifting the blame off of the MAGA kids. Yes the black Israelites are fucked up and should be ridiculed for their rhetoric. But the kids decided to throw a swastika on their head and shamed and insulted native Americans all on their own, and even told them their land was rightfully stolen.

No one else made them do this, it's on them.
I'm not shifting blame off of anyone. Those MAGA kids are little racist dumb fucks, but I also see misinformed people on social media and whatnot painting the black israelites as victims here too, which is certainly not the case.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

I'm probably going to get slaughtered for posting this but after seeing this video of the moments leading up to the alleged start down I really can't condone destroying this kids life for this.

I'm guessing the Native American man saying he felt scared for his life when these white teenagers blocked off him from leaving means nothing to you. Oh please..

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the Native American man saying he felt scared for his life when these white teenagers blocked off him from leaving means nothing to you
It is interesting how Nathan Phillips' own recounting of the event has been ignored when he was literally in-between both groups.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like in all these situations even if the MAGA person isn't as horrible as they first appear the lengths the typical right-wing folks go to to defend them usually ends up being just as or even more racist than the initial incident.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm not shifting blame off of anyone. Those MAGA kids are little racist dumb fucks, but I also see misinformed people on social media and whatnot painting the black israelites as victims here too, which is certainly not the case.
But you are, because you're arguing that the black Israelites started it, when they did not. Even if their views are horrible and the shit they said was vile, they are still minorities. The kids are still MAGA wearing racist assholes who provoked said minorities. You cannot take that away from them or dismiss that simple fact. Again, nothing excuses some of the vile shit flying out of their mouth about LGBTQ and native American people, but they were still provoked by 100 kids sporting and supporting MAGA. So no, they absolutely did not start that confrontation.

You don't roll 100 deep in MAGA gear by accident, come the fuck on.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the kids, parents, school personnel, etc are all held responsible apart from merely shamed. I hope it's far reaching and swift because these fuckers can't be allowed to fester.

I dislike everything about this timeline we are in that's helmed by the orange clown in charge but I take solace in the fact that it is now easier to weed out his base out and completely hold them accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.