• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wall is just the current meme phrase that means "I am better than you and this country belongs to me". That is what it means to every MAGA cultist and white nationalist when they hear it said.

Ironic to chant at a native american, but then white supremacist culture has its own particular hatred of native americans as well. If anything, it can be especially pointed and nasty because of what native peoples represent in the twisted worldview of white nationalists.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
It might not have been politically correct to say it but Hillary Clinton was right. trump supporters are deplorable pieces of dogshit. If they err..."disappeared" tomorrow, the world would be unquestionably a better place.

insta_by_stupid_little_boys-d8u952i.gif

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I do feel good knowing that these teens are probably shitting themselves in fear right now.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
Mmh, maybe he could tell us instead of "just asking questions"

That isn't what they're doing or saying. There are material contexts for Phillips's being there, just as there are material contexts for racist Catholic teenagers in MAGA hats. But Native people don't need to be encyclopedias. When settlers learn and understand those contexts it helps to ground their reasons for being morally appalled.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
My fucking lord!

I'm just baffled and stunned that kids like this would be this into making asses of themselves.

I would ultimately blame their parents for how they were raised and whatever mumbo fucking jumbo that catholic school is feeding to their brains! And that makes me ashamed that I'm catholic (but not really that religious though)!

And they have the audacity to cry out "build the wall" around Native Americans when (once again mentioning) the latter had their land stripped by those same kind of people.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Phillips, who was singing the American Indian Movement song that serves as a ceremony to send the spirits home, said he noticed tensions beginning to escalate when the teens and other apparent participants from the nearby March for Life rally began taunting the dispersing indigenous crowd.
A few people in the March for Life crowd began to chant "Build that wall, build that wall," he said.
"It was getting ugly, and I was thinking: 'I've got to find myself an exit out of this situation and finish my song at the Lincoln Memorial,' " Phillips recalled. "I started going that way, and that guy in the hat stood in my way and we were at an impasse. He just blocked my way and wouldn't allow me to retreat."
So, he kept drumming and singing, thinking about his wife, Shoshana, who died of bone marrow cancer nearly four years ago, and the various threats that face indigenous communities around the world, he said.

They see Brown people and start demanding a wall. Totally not a racist movement. Right guys?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Did Nathan Phillips approached them or not? I keep hearing different stories
The article I just posted says he saw the large group of boys swarming and getting rowdy so he wanted to make his way up to the Lincoln Memorial to finish his prayer song. He was just trying to get through. He didn't "approach" them.

Greywind

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The article I just posted says he saw the large group of boys swarming and getting rowdy so he wanted to make his way up to the Lincoln Memorial to finish his prayer song. He was just trying to get through. He didn't "approach" them.
Okay thank you. Seems some people are spinning this story saying he approached the kids.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Okay thank you. Seems some people are spinning this story saying he approached the kids.
I mean basically it was crowded and he was trying to move through, hence Mr MAGA hat standing in his way blocking his movement forward while the other boys jeered and made stereotypical "indian" sounds. I mean even if he did approach them with his drum, it still wouldn't excuse what transpired. Unless one's saying drum beating causes White Supremacist mobs.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Those Native Americans are better than me. I would have smashed his face in at the slightest provocation.
PoC learn early on that smashing the faces of precious white children is not really an option if you want to continue living. That's why when these videos come out they are always so calm.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
PoC learn early on that smashing the faces of precious white children is not really an option if you want to continue living. That's why when these videos come out they are always so calm.

I am a POC, so I completely understand how that would have gone out. I also have a concealed carry, so I wish someone else would try to accost me when I'm trying to go about my business.

I'm pretty sure that's what he wanted.
So the rest of this posse could jump him and claim self defence.

I agree. I have lost my patience for these cretins.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
I am a POC, so I completely understand how that would have gone out. I also have a concealed carry, so I wish someone else would try to accost me when I'm trying to go about my business.

I agree. I have lost my patience for these cretins.
Well I would hope you wouldn't be taking out a gun in a situation like this. This wasn't life or death. Just a brazen display of racism.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Well I would hope you wouldn't be taking out a gun in a situation like this. This wasn't life or death. Just a brazen display of racism.

Oh, I'm not saying cause violence over being mocked. I am responding over the "...continue living" portion of the original post. That would not happen with me, and I already had someone threaten my life over an issue. I reminded him very firmly that I will not accept threats to my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.