• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
The tenet it's based on is "we've conflated pro-choice with every imaginable left-leaning idea and automatically oppose them all," which was very common among the Knights of Columbus students at my college in the '90s. And sometimes those battle lines got drawn more or less down racial lines because, let's face it, not a lot of people of color in the all-male hardcore Catholic secret club. I can only imagine it's much, much worse now in the era of Trump, especially in that part of the country.
Now that I think about it it might just be single-sex schools. My whole mother's side of the family are Mater Dei (Anaheim) grads and their rival school Servite (all male) were known for being shitheads. Same with some of the girls from Connally (all female). And of course there were racist dumbasses at Mater Dei but a whole senior class wouldn't get behind them and do this to people. This is the whole class attacking people during the indigenous people march. This doesn't even have shit to do with abortion.

Either way fuck religion and I'm glad all these kids as the school are getting ripped to shreds.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I apologize for misinterpreting your statement. Reading your posts in this thread your position is much clearer. I didn't mean to misalign you
Haha it's all good you didn't do anything. I'm basically a full on open bash the fash chapo trap house poster. What I wanted to say is I can't posst my "extreme" views here or else I'd get banned for "inciting violence" or whatever.

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when these scumbags told a native American lawmaker last year to "go back to wherever he came from"?
I can't speak for all Canadian schools, or generations, but when I was a kid (I'm 32) in public school there was so much time dedicated to our Indigenous peoples that I can only imagine that even the dumbest and racist of Canadians at least know the history of our land. Is this not the case in America?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm worried for America if this isn't stamped out at the next election with a strong clear message of no thanks to Trump...
This isn't something that just happened though. It's been the reigning mantra of America since colonization. Considering historical precedent, the guy is lucky he didn't get physically assaulted.

It won't be stamped out next election even if Democrats win because this is not a political problem. It is a problem of the moral rot on part of white America and their unwillingness to confront it head on. Easier to have a quiet Thanksgiving dinner instead.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
It's not fair. As a PoC I just wanna be treated equally and live my life in peace. It's weird to think my skin color triggers these people so much, it causes them to hate us. SUch a weird concept.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I can't speak for all Canadian schools, or generations, but when I was a kid (I'm 32) in public school there was so much time dedicated to our Indigenous peoples that I can only imagine that even the dumbest and racist of Canadians at least know the history of our land. Is this not the case in America?
Racists understand indigenous people were here first. They're just so used to not interacting with them that they easily construe them with Hispanic and Latin peoples. All brown folks look alike to these clowns.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot

Not in my day in America 35ish years ago. Anything with the Native American was just talked about as a series of conflicts and taking
/settling the land. All about our "manifest destiny" absolutely nothing on the peoples.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
They're from the south so probably no. They don't teach American history properly in their schools.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
What's really depressing is that Covington is right across the river from Cincinnati, and would probably be considered one of the "less racist" places in Kentucky, so imagine how bad it is in the shitty rural parts of the state like I live in. Infuriating.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Is this school part of the diocese? I can't imagine a bishop signing off on that name.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.

Most people know, yes.

Look. When you see videos like these, it's not so much ignorance as it is blind hatred.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
School Statement:

The Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School have issued the following statement:
We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general, Jan. 18, after the March for Life, in Washington, D.C. We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips. This behavior is opposed to the Church's teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.
The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion.
We know this incident also has tainted the entire witness of the March for Life and express our most sincere apologies to all those who attended the March and all those who support the pro-life movement.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
School Statement:

The Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School have issued the following statement:
We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general, Jan. 18, after the March for Life, in Washington, D.C. We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips. This behavior is opposed to the Church's teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.
The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion.
We know this incident also has tainted the entire witness of the March for Life and express our most sincere apologies to all those who attended the March and all those who support the pro-life movement.

OK. What about the superintendent? There were comments claiming he/she was also in DC. And the other staff?

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the fuck the kids. The superintendent and any staff that were there need to have their lives ruined forever. I wouldn't be sad if that school lost everything over this. Then most of those kids would have to go to a regular public school.

Deleted member 29676

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

We're the same age. We spent almost no time on indigenous people in real meaningful ways. The bullshit happy thanksgiving story as young children and maybe a semester on the manifest destiny and the slaughter in high school. This was at a progressive highschool on the west coast.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
OK. What about the superintendent? There were comments claiming he/she was also in DC. And the other staff?

Likely will also be part of the investigation as to why these kids were apparently unsupervised, or if they were, why they were allowed to embarrass the school and by extension those attending the March for Life by basically showing their true colors during a separate march.

That I believe will be up to the diocese to investigate. Though I'm not holding my breath for a big announcement or loss of jobs over this.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Likely will also be part of the investigation as to why these kids were apparently unsupervised, or if they were, why they were allowed to embarrass the school and by extension those attending the March for Life by basically showing their true colors during a separate march.

That I believe will be up to the diocese to investigate. Though I'm not holding my breath for a big announcement or loss of jobs over this.
Yeah that's what I mean, it would be nice to know that they're included in the investigation

Oct 25, 2017

I know with public schools the BOE would handle this, but what happens with pirvate catholic schools?

Leland Palmer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
can someone link me the op tweet in text form because it suddenly stopped working? I was gonna link it to someone and embedding doesn't work or was it deleted?

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
I know with public schools the BOE would handle this, but what happens with pirvate catholic schools?

As noted in my post, that goes to the local diocese in the case of Catholic schools. Basically the district in which a bishop presides. That office usually helps to run the education of schools either within its own or part of an archdiocese.

Pretty much just goes up the Catholic chain of command, as all matters in Catholic public relations tends to do.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like thousands of people on Twitter have wrong information about who the kid in the video is and are potentially going to fuck up an innocent person's life

Oct 25, 2017
As noted in my post, that goes to the local diocese in the case of Catholic schools. Basically the district in which a bishop presides. That office usually helps to run the education of schools either within its own or part of an archdiocese.

Pretty much just goes up the Catholic chain of command, as all matters in Catholic public relations tends to do.

Ah ok, figured it would be something like that but wasn't sure

can someone link me the op tweet in text form because it suddenly stopped working? I was gonna link it to someone and embedding doesn't work or was it deleted?

They deleted the tweet

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
These are the dorks Steve Bannon realized could easily be controlled after playing World of Warcraft and being exposed to them. Fucking incels. Our future conservative authoritarians.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am 100% sure that these fucknuts are the same snowflakes that were mad because of the Gillette commercial.
Look at them. Never used a razor in their pathetic lifes but they wanna boycott Gillette.

Oct 28, 2017
Sent this to family. The response:

"Probably the same sort of BS we would have done at their age because we were idiots and didnt know any better. You may be enlightened now, but you haven't always been. Stupidity, but doesn't merit the righteous outrage in my view. Just my two cents, nothing to do with politics."

Uhhhhh ... I was like ummm when we were kids we didn't run around with Reagan hats on our heads or show up to political events and get in peoples faces.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
Am 100% sure that these fucknuts are the same snowflakes that were mad because of the Gillette commercial.
Look at them. Never used a razor in their pathetic lifes but they wanna boycott Gillette.
Fuck them, but I think you're just randomly mixing things.

Sent this to family. The response:

"Probably the same sort of BS we would have done at their age because we were idiots and didnt know any better. You may be enlightened now, but you haven't always been. Stupidity, but doesn't merit the righteous outrage in my view. Just my two cents, nothing to do with politics."

Uhhhhh ... I was like ummm when we were kids we didn't run around with Reagan hats on our heads or show up to political events and get in peoples faces.

Your family is cunts!

Status
Not open for further replies.