• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017

OK. Let's try this!

/Thinking about Donald Trump

/Saying to myself I love Donald Trump

/Puts Gun into my Mouth

Nope. Not working Kanye. Now, not only do I still hate Trump, I hate myself too!

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Kanye will never read this tweet, unfortunately. This isn't a situation where someone can be reasoned with, he has chosen this stance and the pushback will just make him dig his heels in more. He's out of touch with reality, and too ignorant to be brought back down.

I feel sorry for his fans. If John Darnielle came out as a Trump supporter, I think I might actually cry. It sucks to learn your heroes are pieces of shit.

There is a precedent for Kanye not reading

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
kw4LQdbKrCR8Fk7rEsMYTLtDtGsyRc7A4rqfMYbBuPg.jpg

Frank tired of this bullshit too.

We barely deserve Frank Ocean

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
as someone who's a huge yeezy fan and been genuinely angry over this the last few days

I think we're being hoodwinked

1. The TMZ interview he's wearing a MAGA hat but rapping "woke" lyrics
-http://m.tmz.com/#2018/04/26/kanye-west-not-erratic-album-release/

*Parents are the strippers, strip kids of they confidence
Teach white dominance
Question your common sense*

2. Charlamagne Admits To Withholding Information On Kanye West Until New Interview Drops
He says "sit back and wait for the information, because its on the way"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfDpFTNnRyg

I think he's using the maga hat how he used the confederate flag, as in he's trying to reappropiate it

hm

If you really think that than you are more deluded than Kanye or DT.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
as someone who's a huge yeezy fan and been genuinely angry over this the last few days

I think we're being hoodwinked

1. The TMZ interview he's wearing a MAGA hat but rapping "woke" lyrics
-http://m.tmz.com/#2018/04/26/kanye-west-not-erratic-album-release/

*Parents are the strippers, strip kids of they confidence
Teach white dominance
Question your common sense*

2. Charlamagne Admits To Withholding Information On Kanye West Until New Interview Drops
He says "sit back and wait for the information, because its on the way"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfDpFTNnRyg

I think he's using the maga hat how he used the confederate flag, as in he's trying to reappropiate it

hm
Nah, I'm a huge Kanye fan and I really wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt here but it's over now. He's a sellout. You preaching one thing in your lyrics but you're over here tweeting garbage like it ain't shit.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Preaching love while supporting a literal fascist. As if that platitude didn't seem hollow enough to begin with.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
hate is not the answer and finding solutions can't be done through hate
It's just a way to dismiss actual problems. "I choose to just love not hate". It's "I'm above it all" bullshit and a position some people are privileged enough to be able to take. In a vacuum love is above hate, but it's a problem here because his "love" is not what this is about at all.

Reminds me of that one lady that said "all she wants to think about is sunshine" or such nonsense at a highschool where kids are holding up racist prom signs and telling the Black kids to keep quiet about it.

Deleted member 9838

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's just a way to dismiss actual problems. "I choose to just love not hate". It's "I'm above it all" bullshit and a position some people are privileged enough to be able to take. In a vacuum love is above hate, but it's a problem here because his "love" is not what this is about at all.

Reminds me of that one lady that said "all she wants to think about is sunshine" or such nonsense at a highschool where kids are holding up racist prom signs and telling the Black kids to keep quiet about it.

So we just love Nazis and right wing politicians who actively work against the well being of average Americans? How is that a good place to start? How does that make sense

How does that help

It helps because it protects you from hurting yourself. When you hate you actually end up hurting yourself as well. Don't confuse loving others with being complacent or following along with them. Also when you choose love over hate you aren't giving anything away. You're not losing anything. Make no mistake, all the hatred being thrown around actually does a great disservice to you and makes it only harder for you to find solutions to your problems.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
It helps because it protects you from hurting yourself. When you hate you actually end up hurting yourself as well. Don't confuse loving others with being complacent or following along with them. Also when you choose love over hate you aren't giving anything away. You're not losing anything. Make no mistake, all the hatred being thrown around actually does a great disservice to you and makes it only harder for you to find solutions to your problems.

This is beginning to remind me of that Gaf thread where a dude claimed we should have air dropped pamphlets and poems over 1940's Germany.

White supremacists suck, my guy. Hey look, I'm still fine, no boo boo inflicted.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
You're still failing to describe how loving people who actively work against your welfare helps improve anything. I never said that we should all hate them, but loving them doesn't provide any solutions either. It's just hot air.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
You're still failing to describe how loving people who actively work against your welfare helps improve anything. I never said that we should all hate them, but loving them doesn't provide any solutions either. It's just hot air.
yeah, the whole spread love bullshit falls apart when you realize that you're the only side that is willing to spread love. and why the fuck should motherfucking nazis deserve any form of love. there's only one good kind of nazi, you'd think the 40s would've answered this question by now.

Deleted member 9838

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
if you are actually interested in this concept I'm talking about then watch this video

https://youtu.be/3hHqnzaF-TI

He does a much better job articulating the subtleties and nuanced aspects of this concept than I can

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Nah my hate for Trump is healthy and just, it does not hurt me. Not all hate is the same and really all that ends up happening in your scenario is what got us into this problem in the fist place. It's not embracing love, it's ignoring the issues for faux peace. Meanwhile racism, for example, continues to give rise beneath the service. In order for your way to work, both sides of the party would need to be open to discussions the problem is one side is in complete denial so there is no starting point possible.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
With regards to that John Legend tweet and taking the politics out of it....posting a text message chain from a friend trying reach out in good faith and talk to you....what a piece of shit?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
if you are actually interested in this concept I'm talking about then watch this video

https://youtu.be/3hHqnzaF-TI

He does a much better job articulating the subtleties and nuanced aspects of this concept than I can
I cannot watch a video ATM, I will take a look later.

In the meantime, can you summarize (in your view) why loving Nazis and right wing politicians who actively undermine the welfare of the American people is "a good place to start"?

Because you haven't explained that yet.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
With regards to that John Legend tweet and taking the politics out of it....posting a text message chain from a friend trying reach out in good faith and talk to you....what a piece of shit?

Game theory: he's fishing for a feud with Chrissy because he knows how much of an influencer she is.