• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
this is so stupid. Feelings are not founded in anything vs facts. this is how anarchy happens.
https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.co...hat-happens-when-you-dont-read-boo-1825475113

West's derision of books comes despite the fact that his late mother, Donda West, was a university English professor before she retired to manage his music career. She died in 2007 of complications following cosmetic surgery.

"Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed," West said. "I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book's autograph."

"I am a proud non-reader of books. I like to get information from doing stuff like actually talking to people and living real life," he said.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
why didn't they include the part of the tab that literally says "Jordan Peterson"

TasDkZW.png

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
The "I love everyone/we should love everyone" philosophy is really starting to seem like the "I don't see color" crowd.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Side 1 - "I hate you. I want to take your rights away. I feel you are less of a human being than me."
Side 2 - "Hey, can you not take my rights and just consider me as an equal human?"

Kanye - "Can't you two just love each other?"

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Honestly very surprised at how many people in my life/ social media feeds are immediately jumping to various degrees of " Good for him for sticking up for what he believes in! Doesn't mean he supports Trump!" Or " I guess you don't agree with freedom of speech when it's not your POV."

I just come away feeling like... man I just don't have the energy for this.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I wouldn't call worry over the very real phenomenon of innocuous symbols getting co-opted to be an overreaction. It's not even necessarily about any one specific thing, just the idea that the alt-right has so much power (a combination of their tech moguls and the left's willingness to give stuff up) to just take things I and other people like. I don't care that much about Pepe, but I'm not a fan of people getting unfairly labeled for using stuff that's second nature to many people, whether it be how they communicate or just how they present themselves both online and/or in person.

Also, I'm arguably part of the MOST affected community, at least as far as the words of the alt-right go if not their actions. I see what they say about Jews and it's scary stuff, and that's before we get into actual killers like Atomwaffen. That's exactly why I don't want them to twist the things I like into something hateful.

As for 2, I'm not sure what it has to do with the rest of my posts. I mean you're probably not going to get me on board with assaulting people that aren't breaking the law, even if I will laugh at Richard Spencer getting clocked, but that's besides the point.
I would call this wording
hand those symbols on a silver platter to bad actors
an overreaction.

On a silver fucking platter?! Come the fuck on.

This kind of presumption is an issue that plagues the right at this point. Y'all (we) need to stop assuming that people having a conversation about this shit and talking about being more careful with usage and awareness of symbology is just carelessly relinquishing control to bad actors. Yeah, some people on an Internet forum are gonna feel too disgusted to use some symbols. Yeah, some people are going to mislabel innocent folks posting certain memes that have been appropriated by the right. To use that as your basis for projection of the entire left is fucking presumptuous. These symbols still get use outside of the alt-right. Yeah, it sucks, but the only thing you can change is yourself and it looks like currently you still are fine with riding the "we make assumptions about each other" train.

I spent half a decade working to reappropriate Southern symbology, and I've seen the challenges it presents, so I say that if you feel like people aren't doing enough to keep this out of the hands of nefarious actors and you don't know why, try doing it yourself for a while instead of complaining about other people not doing it, and report back to me.

I brought up punching people because, again, I spent half a decade trying to reappropriate symbology in the Southern US, and I realized that sometimes it's easier (sometimes necessary) to take that shit back when the trolls realize being asshole trolls gets them punched in the face. Heaven help them if there are SHARPs around. You don't have to agree with it, but again, what are you doing?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I would call this wordingan overreaction.

On a silver fucking platter?! Come the fuck on.

This kind of presumption is an issue that plagues the right at this point. Y'all (we) need to stop assuming that people having a conversation about this shit and talking about being more careful with usage and awareness of symbology is just carelessly relinquishing control to bad actors. Yeah, some people on an Internet forum are gonna feel too disgusted to use some symbols. Yeah, some people are going to mislabel innocent folks posting certain memes that have been appropriated by the right. This is a human problem that happens in all parts to all people. To use that as your basis for projection of the entire left is fucking presumptuous. These symbols still get use outside of the alt-right. Yeah, it sucks, but the only thing you can change is yourself and it looks like currently you still are fine with riding the "we make assumptions about each other" train.

I spent half a decade working to reappropriate Southern symbology, and I've seen the challenges it presents, so I say that if you feel like people aren't doing enough to keep this out of the hands of nefarious actors and you don't know why, try doing it yourself for a while instead of complaining about other people not doing it, and report back to me.

I brought up punching people because, again, I spent half a decade trying to reappropriate symbology in the Southern US, and I realized that sometimes it's easier (sometimes necessary) to take that shit back when the trolls realize being asshole trolls gets them punched in the face. Heaven help them if there are SHARPs around. You don't have to agree with it, but again, what are you doing?

Calm down, I'm not attacking anyone here, so the harsh wording is unnecessary and I apologize if it came off that way. I'm just expressing dismay over the co-opting of stuff I like, not yelling at the sky "WHY CANT I USE PEPE ANYMORE!?" It's not that serious.

As for why I don't do more, it's because I'm an anxious mess that's barely left my house in the last decade. I can still not be cool with the current climate online.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm dying, this is hysterical, holy shit. Both sides now!!!

Oh god, poor Kanye fans.

Also John Legend is amazing.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Kanye has 100,000 more followers than when I stopped following him yesterday. WTF is wrong with people?